Greasy Lake Community

Fave band member  

63 members have voted

1. 1. fave E Streeter

Hmmm no Bruce :lol:

No Soozie :( (yes yes i know technically she is with the ESB not part of it ) but she turns up a heck of a lot more than someone ...

Ok ok 

My favourite is Danny 

Because Danny is the man !

So im voting for Danny

I love watching old you tube videos and see Danny flash a big grin - check out some 78 prove its 

But i also  love Nils because he taught me to respect the guitar and i admire his love for his work

I love the professor because i was a piano student and his contribution is so much the sound of the ESB

I love Max

I know nothing about the drums but i catch myself air drumming all the time ! OMG something in the night !!

Honorable mention to Garry - because one of my best memories of Moncton is feeling the beat if the ESB up through the turf, turn Garry up every night !

I love C - because he's C - more cowbell ! 

Steve is the best friend so i gotta love him too - i do love his work in the education sector and his work behind music's sceens

And Patti - that cover me on the live box set is spin chilling, plus i love long time comin', i love her R&RHoF speech - "do you want to marry a Beatle or be a Beatle !" I love that we have a woman in the ESB, j love she has taken such good care of Bruce for us

I do not love that she has never been to even one of my 5 shows so sorry Pats not voting for you 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Sad there are no votes for Garry yet.....a brilliant bassist who has been there from the start.

Listen to his fabulous work on Letter to you.

• Like 1

I would have to say Danny. His organ playing is so distinctive, and crucial to the classic E Street sound. It was really noticeable on songs off the new album where they were attempting to replicate that sound, but the style of organ play didn't quite match, and the organ didn't really stand out. Songs like Jackson Cage, Hungry Heart, Rosalita, Backstreets wouldn't have been what they are without his playing. It's like he was the magic dust sprinkled into all those songs.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
2 hours ago, rockaway88 said:

I would have to say Danny. His organ playing is so distinctive, and crucial to the classic E Street sound. It was really noticeable on songs off the new album where they were attempting to replicate that sound, but the style of organ play didn't quite match, and the organ didn't really stand out. Songs like Jackson Cage, Hungry Heart, Rosalita, Backstreets wouldn't have been what they are without his playing. It's like he was the magic dust sprinkled into all those songs.

He sure was magic dust :)

Cancer fucking sux :angry:

• Like 1

Today its the silver fox Max

I just took letter to you for a walk and Max is all over that album brilliantly pounding away 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Blackcowboys01 said:

Garry Tallent, one of the two remaining founders of the E Street Band.

Only if you don't count Vini Lopez and David Sancious.

Bruce!!!  I see him as part of the E Street Band.  But if he's disqualified….

Danny.  The textures he added fleshed out so many songs to make them part of the classic songbook we all love.  Charlie is great but Danny was in another league.

This was a weird one for me as I have always been a fan of guitars and, not really a fan of keyboards or keyboard-led bands (e.g. I don't like the Doors as their dominant instrument is Ray Manzarek's keyboard which fills in everywhere due a lack of a bass guitar).  I didn't expect Danny to be my fave but on reflection he is.

• Bruuuuce! 1
19 hours ago, muscum said:

Bruce!!!  I see him as part of the E Street Band.  But if he's disqualified….

Danny.  The textures he added fleshed out so many songs to make them part of the classic songbook we all love.  Charlie is great but Danny was in another league.

This was a weird one for me as I have always been a fan of guitars and, not really a fan of keyboards or keyboard-led bands (e.g. I don't like the Doors as their dominant instrument is Ray Manzarek's keyboard which fills in everywhere due a lack of a bass guitar).  I didn't expect Danny to be my fave but on reflection he is.

I totally agree