Greasy Lake Community

The Official January 20th InaugurationSetlistVision thread

SPRINGSTEEN TO PERFORM FOR INAUGURAL SPECIAL
As the New York Times reports, Bruce Springsteen has been added to the list of performers to celebrate the January 20 Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in a prime-time special that night. We don't anticipate a Lincoln Memorial appearence with full choir, but then these are different times.

Celebrating America will air on Wednesday, January 20, at 8:30pm ET. Tom Hanks will host, with additional performances by Demi Lovato, Justin Timberlake, Jon Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, John Legend, and more "to celebrate the beginning of a new national journey toward an America united. The program will showcase the American people’s resilience, heroism, and unified commitment to coming together as a nation to heal and rebuild."

Springsteen and the other artists will "will perform from iconic locations across the country"; Biden and Harris will also make remarks.

The 90-minute program will be carried on multiple networks including ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, PBS, and MSNBC, and streamed live on YouTube and Facebook as well. Visit bideninaugural.com for further details. 

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is Bruce’s performance.

Note assuming an 830pm local start for this Wednesday in Yankeeland 5.30pm out on the left coast for Ning 6.30pm in the other timezone 7.30pm in Chicago and some other places 8.30p

Posted Images

Note assuming an 830pm local start for this Wednesday in Yankeeland

5.30pm out on the left coast for Ning

6.30pm in the other timezone

7.30pm in Chicago and some other places

8.30pm on I95

For everyone else this will be Thursday

1.30am in Blighty (and also in Portugal)

2.30am in Euroland 

3.30am  in South Africa

9.30am in Perth for Steve the Quokka

12.30pm  in the land of Oz (Sydney other cities vary)

2.30pm  in Daisey's corner of the world where the Hobbits live

• Thanks 5

Whilst Bruce isnt  expected to be at the capitol the actual inauguration is from 9am i95 time to 4pm

(so 2pm to 9pm in blighty

and then the concert from 8pm to 10pm

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

Bruce's barn?

I wonder if I should hang out at southern tracks or somewhere... there was some twit chatter about a filming thing being set up at the MLK centre here in Hotlanta even after today’s MLK celebrations... probably not Bruce though

Bruce’s previous appearances on the mall, about one every 4 years like a sort of halleys comet

2009-01-17 - LINCOLN MEMORIAL, WASHINGTON, DC

THE RISING (with The Joyce Garrett Singers) / THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND (with Pete Seeger, Tao Rodriguez-Seeger, and the Inaugural Celebration Chorus)

Rehearsal for the Obama Inaugural Celebration "We Are One" concert. Although the event's house band had prepared an arrangement of "The Rising", Bruce was moved enough by an initial rehearsal with just him and the gospel choir that the band arrangement was not even attempted.

2009-01-18 - LINCOLN MEMORIAL, WASHINGTON, DC

THE RISING (with The Joyce Garrett Singers) / THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND (with Pete Seeger, Tao Rodriguez-Seeger, and the Inaugural Celebration Chorus)

Obama Inaugural Celebration "We Are One" concert. Bruce is backed by a large gospel choir (The Joyce Garrett Singers) on "The Rising". Pete Seeger, Tao Rodriguez-Seeger and a children's choir perform on "This Land Is Your Land".

2014-11-11 - NATIONAL MALL, WASHINGTON, DC

Soundcheck: FORTUNATE SON (with Dave Grohl and the Zac Brown Band) / THE PROMISED LAND / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / DANCING IN THE DARK

With Dave Grohl and the Zac Brown Band: FORTUNATE SON

Solo acoustic: THE PROMISED LAND / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / DANCING IN THE DARK

Bruce performs at The Concert For Valor, saluting America's veterans on Veterans Day. Before a crowd approaching one million on Washington's National Mall, Bruce joins Dave Grohl and the Zac Brown Band for "Fortunate Son", followed by a three-song solo acoustic set that includes "Born In The U.S.A.". The free three-hour concert is broadcast live on HBO and streamed over the internet. Other artists performing include Rihanna, Metallica, and Eminem.

2017-01-12 - WHITE HOUSE, WASHINGTON, DC

WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / GROWIN' UP / MY HOMETOWN / MY FATHER'S HOUSE / THE WISH / THUNDER ROAD / THE PROMISED LAND / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / DEVILS & DUST / TOUGHER THAN THE REST (with Patti Scialfa) / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND (with Patti Scialfa) / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / LONG WALK HOME / DANCING IN THE DARK / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

According to reports, Bruce stages a secret acoustic gig of fifteen songs in the White House's East Room to reward Barack Obama's staff for their hard work during the past eight years. Patti joins Bruce for "Tougher Than The Rest" and "If I Should Fall Behind". The set also includes a rare performance of "My Father's House", last played October 6, 2005 in Rochester, NY.

"It was a dream of a setlist … Bruce opened with a very brief note of thanks to the president and the staff who were being honoured before launching into "Working On The Highway". That opener led into an incredible "Growin' Up" for a lively start, but not much of the set was so upbeat, with haunting readings of songs like "My Hometown", "My Father's House", and "Devils & Dust". The mood in the room the whole night – both reception and concert – was not exactly sombre, but it wasn't festive, either. It was elegiac, I'd say. There was a clear sense of something ending, both with the conclusion of an adventure for the staff and the silent presence of the coming political transition. Bruce's demeanor was definitely in line with that overall vibe."
Backstreets.com

• Thanks 1

there Are technically 2 or maybe 4 Estreets in dc

north of the mall e street nw runs just below the White House past union station becomes e street Ne and ends just above rfk stadium

south of the mall e street sw starts around 7th st and meanders all the way across becoming e street se ending just south of rfk stadium

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AMIW said:

Note assuming an 830pm local start for this Wednesday in Yankeeland

5.30pm out on the left coast for Ning

6.30pm in the other timezone

7.30pm in Chicago and some other places

8.30pm on I95

For everyone else this will be Thursday

1.30am in Blighty (and also in Portugal)

2.30am in Euroland 

3.30am  in South Africa

9.30am in Perth for Steve the Quokka

12.30pm  in the land of Oz (Sydney other cities vary)

2.30pm  in Daisey's corner of the world where the Hobbits live

Thanks Andrew 

Im looking forward to Thursday

I love this kind of shit 

But its going to be so different this time around :(

• Hug 1
10 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Thanks Andrew 

Im looking forward to Thursday

I love this kind of shit 

But its going to be so different this time around :(

Daisy -- yes different but it will encompass and reflect what's taking place here so it could be great a different kind of great. Hugs.

• Bruuuuce! 1
17 hours ago, AMIW said:

Unfortunately many streets in dc are closed including this one

27E53F94-0A7C-4DC2-AEE9-664A45F0119A.jpeg

Bruce put the same sign in his yard back in ‘89.

• Haha 3

Some singing bits during the daytime ceremony

Lady Gaga has been announced as the National Anthem singer for Biden's Inauguration Day on Jan. 20. Jennifer Lopezand Garth Brooks will also perform at the swearing-in ceremony for Biden and Kamala Harris.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Some singing bits during the daytime ceremony

Lady Gaga has been announced as the National Anthem singer for Biden's Inauguration Day on Jan. 20. Jennifer Lopezand Garth Brooks will also perform at the swearing-in ceremony for Biden and Kamala Harris.

I've got friends in J-Lo places...

• Haha 1

Really looking forward to this 

On the news they said the Inauguration coverage starts at 4.30am here with the swearing in at 6.30 

Edit 4am.

I do not remember getting up this early for Mr Obama but i did used to get up about 5am back then