Greasy Lake Community

Is there any 2014 show with the soundquilty like 2012 or 2013?

From memory, I think the quality improved later in the 2014 tour. The early ones desperately need remixing.

The first show of the 2016 tour was so bad that they made the mp3 of the second show available for free initially. They then started having them mixed by Altschiller so the standard should be the same as the Archive releases.

• Like 2

Funny this should come up ..... Johnny 99 from Perth came up on my Ipod yesterday and of course i love the one i witnessed from Mohegan ....But neither recording is quite up to the standards of the 2012/13 shows. I wondered if there was a Dixieland Johnny out there in spectacular sounds.

A quick scan of released shows makes me think not.

• Sad 1

Nope, 2014 NUGS shows don't sound great at all. Not fussed about them being remixed, mind you: that was a very average tour.

However, the performance at NCAA's March Madness Music Festival in Dallas (6 April 2014) was broadcast live online. That SBD recording is a lot better than any of the NUGS releases. Not that the set was anything particularly special. 

JUMP / BADLANDS / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / COVER ME / NO SURRENDER / HUNGRY HEART / HIGH HOPES / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / WRECKING BALL / THE RIVER / ATLANTIC CITY / JOHNNY 99 / DARLINGTON COUNTY / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / THE RISING / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / BORN TO RUN / GLORY DAYS / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / SHOUT / THUNDER ROAD

50 minutes ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

This is strange because some bruce youtube video have great remix sound .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4n1GT-VjjVs

Those clips they put out on YouTube received comprehensive audio/video treatment (Zimny edited screen feeds with the occasional fan-shot footage, audio remixed by Chris Lord-Alge - remotely in LA, I believe).

Mixed together with songs from Dallas, the clips make up a fairly solid mini-compilation of the tour:

Nelson Mandela (Cape Town, 26 January)
Highway To Hell (Adelaide, 11 February)
Kitty's Back (Perth, 5 February)
Spill The Wine/Seeds (Hunter Valley, 23 February)
Friday On My Mind (Sydney, 19 February)
Stayin' Alive (Brisbane, 26 February)
(Love Is Like A) Heatwave (Adelaide, 12 February)
Don't Change (Sydney, 19 February)
Royals (Auckland, 2 March)
Jump (Dallas, 6 April) --> this is definitely optional!
Joe Hill (Tampa, 1 May)
Clampdown (Sunrise, 29 April)
The Wall (Charlotte, 19 April)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

From memory, I think the quality improved later in the 2014 tour. The early ones desperately need remixing.

The first show of the 2016 tour was so bad that they made the mp3 of the second show available for free initially. They then started having them mixed by Altschiller so the standard should be the same as the Archive releases.

I was sad about 1/19/16 because that was the one we were at, but free is free:P

• Like 1

Although I am a little confused/interested, I know the NCAA performance was on YouTube for a while, was that ever out through a bootleg?

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I thought the reason we got the Chicago show for free was because of the cancelled New York snow storm show? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I thought the reason we got the Chicago show for free was because of the cancelled New York snow storm show? 

Seems you're correct. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Keith, how the hell do you find shit like that? That would have taken me half a day and then I would have given up! 

I speculatively googled "Springsteen 2016 Chicago mp3 free" and amazing found this:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/25/bruce-springsteen-free-download-chicago-concert

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I knew it was that, but they could have released either of the two, why would they release the first one, the quality was better and they wanted more people to buy that over Chicago, which was not excellent, but it was special to me :) 

3 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

I knew it was that, but they could have released either of the two, why would they release the first one, the quality was better and they wanted more people to buy that over Chicago, which was not excellent, but it was special to me :) 

See I have different ears than you guys, my Chicago Free Show sounds perfectly fine to me. As a matter of fact, I listened to this show I believe just this last weekend. The intro story after MMITC and before TTTB, lets go down to The River and see what we find, then the thunder of Max's drum to start The Ties That Bind, gets me every time. 

• Bruuuuce! 1
2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Keith, how the hell do you find shit like that? That would have taken me half a day and then I would have given up! 

Use a code like this:

https://twitter.com/search?q=(from%3Aspringsteen) until%3A2016-01-30&src=typed_query&f=live

This takes you back to tweets up to 30 January 2016. Works with any account - just change the handle and date range.

• Thanks 1

The 2014 HH tour was pretty dam brilliant because it brought Bruce Springsteen and the ESB back to NZ and to other places baddly neglected by past touring itineraries

Here's hoping aganist hope that Mr @Tenthavenuefreezeout gets a show somewhere near him that he can get to next tour 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

The 2014 HH tour was pretty dam brilliant because it brought Bruce Springsteen and the ESB back to NZ and to other places baddly neglected by past touring itineraries

Here's hoping aganist hope that Mr @Tenthavenuefreezeout gets a show somewhere near him that he can get to next tour 

And a great guitarist joined them! 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

And a great guitarist joined them! 

:lol:

You know i wasn't going to mention him :lol:

I wish Patti had come instead but at least we got Steve and Nils and we also got the nice remembrance video in 10th for C and Danny because NZ fans hadn't had a chance to pay their respects with the Big Man's passing yet

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

See I have different ears than you guys, my Chicago Free Show sounds perfectly fine to me. As a matter of fact, I listened to this show I believe just this last weekend. The intro story after MMITC and before TTTB, lets go down to The River and see what we find, then the thunder of Max's drum to start The Ties That Bind, gets me every time. 

I think at least for me, I remember the show from a "cleaner" perspective, the shows sounds a bit muted to me if that makes sense, although Take it Easy was stand out.