Greasy Lake Community

The Official MLB 2021 thread

burghfan

1 hour ago, JudgeBrown said:

@burghfan's Pirates took 2 of 3 from the Gigantes, but, heading into a big series with the stinkindodgers this week...image.png.04d2189a296d1c9a22962929b14b6470.png

Sorry about that.

Also noticed in your pic of the NL West standings that @CmonMrTrouble's Dbacks can still finish with a .500 record if they go 50-11 to close out the season.

• Haha 1

I saw that none of the 3 prospects the Pirates got from the Padres are rated in the top 100.  So the Pirates are under new management, but since they still have the same owner, they aren't getting better returns on the trades they make.

The new guy the Pirates have playing 2nd to replace Adam Frazier is off to a good start.  He is the 1st player since at least 1901 to start his MLB career with his first 5 hits all being HRs.

1 hour ago, JudgeBrown said:

image.thumb.png.c86f398c2d639bbc7038dfb62611cbac.png

If I added right you can get one of everything on the menu for $14.80, or $14.90 if you go for the large coffee.  That is food only, I didn't include for smokes, scorecard, or pencil.  I don't think you can get a beer and sandwich for that price at a MLB park now.

17 hours ago, burghfan said:

If I added right you can get one of everything on the menu for $14.80, or $14.90 if you go for the large coffee.  That is food only, I didn't include for smokes, scorecard, or pencil.  I don't think you can get a beer and sandwich for that price at a MLB park now.

Always get a scorecard.

• Like 1

Here is something that I think has to be pretty rare.  It may happen early in the season, but in August?

The Mets are in 1st place in the NL East, but have given up more runs than they have scored.

GLS02.png

15 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

@JudgeBrown, I see you guys picked up Kris Bryant over the weekend! And dirty rotten Cubs also traded Rizzo to the Yankees. I was hoping the Cards would do the same with Molina with no such luck. 

Really excited about Bryant, he was the Cub I hoped they would get.

Fri: Anthony Rizzo HR in NYY debut

Sat: Javy Baez HR in NYM debut

Sun: Kris Bryant HR in SF debut

They're the first trio of former teammates in the Modern Era to start the season on the same team, and then homer in their respective debuts with a new team later that season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Dodgers might be a little worried...they are looking at signing Cole Hamel.  

Dodgers got Max - and I like him and hate that he's a Dodger now.

Hoping he fractures his non-throwing wrist and misses 2 months and signs as a free agent with a team I can be happy about him playing with.

Oh yeah - @JudgeBrown sorry about that disaster last night - I am trying to get them to "earn" the #1 draft pick and they keep screwing it up

• Love Love Love! 1

5 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

I am trying to get them to "earn" the #1 draft pick and they keep screwing it up

Is the number #1 draft pick really anything in Baseball? 

2 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Dodgers got Max - and I like him and hate that he's a Dodger now.

Hoping he fractures his non-throwing wrist and misses 2 months and signs as a free agent with a team I can be happy about him playing with.

Oh yeah - @JudgeBrown sorry about that disaster last night - I am trying to get them to "earn" the #1 draft pick and they keep screwing it up

It's OK since the #stinkindodgers lost and it was Mad Bum.  On that note last night Jon Miller (announcer) was talking about Mad Bum's year and at one point said "and then after his no-hitter...yeah I said it!".

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Boy that is a tough division! Padres are 15 games over 500 and 7.5 back! Doesn't seem right! 

If they were in the NL East they would be in 1st by 4.5 games.

• Like 2

Just now, burghfan said:

If they were in the NL East they would be in 1st by 4.5 games.

Hey while I got you here! I was just looking over my FB account, notice someone I might like, and Friends with you. Jack Balloonman Anderson? Is he the dude that did all the balloons at the Pittsburgh show 2014. "the Balloon Master" as Bruce said? 

• Like 1