Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Official MLB 2021 thread


burghfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

So the Dbacks take a 1 run lead into the bottom of the 10th and a hit by pitch walks in the winning run, so they somehow find yet another way to snatch a loss from the hands of victory - seriously, you almost have to try to be this bad

And the Giants walk off with a sacrifice fly from Gausman because of course they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

We made it - Diamondbacks first to 100 losses! 

You might want to check the bottom of the AL East standings, Baltimore has 101 loses....so I think that would mean they were 1st.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, burghfan said:

You might want to check the bottom of the AL East standings, Baltimore has 101 loses....so I think that would mean they were 1st.

Oh great, we lost the race to the bottom too!

Last night, yet another lead (2 runs this time) in the 8th turns into a loss - bringing up some high schoolers to pitch the last 2 weeks of the season out of the bullpen

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

What was it 4 weeks ago the Padres were like 25 games over 500? The Cardinals took the broom to them this weekend! 

And maybe a bit predictable - they recruited talent, without regard to character and that has led to lots of issues, some not being reported nationally, but apparently there are lots of "locker room" type of issues

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the race for the worst record Arizona and Baltimore are tied for first (last?) with 103 losses. 

Texas has lost 96, and Pittsburgh has lost 94, so both are likely to also lose at least 100 game this year.

Washington  is 62-89 and can also get to 100 losses if they don't win again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, burghfan said:

In the race for the worst record Arizona and Baltimore are tied for first (last?) with 103 losses. 

Texas has lost 96, and Pittsburgh has lost 94, so both are likely to also lose at least 100 game this year.

Washington  is 62-89 and can also get to 100 losses if they don't win again.

And to think back in 2011, the Cardinals had to beat the Nationals and Rangers to win the World Series

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

And to think back in 2011, the Cardinals had to beat the Nationals and Rangers to win the World Series

I doubt if there are more than 5 players from 2011 that are still on those teams.  Cards have 2 I can think of, Molina and Wainwright.

No need to go back 10 years, just look back a couple of years and Washington won it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The race for the #1 pick is coming down to the wire.

Arizona and Baltimore both have 104 losses now.

Texas is up to 98 losses.

Pittsburgh is up to 95 losses.

Washington is up to 64 wins so they won't be in the 100 loss club this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 1:34 AM, burghfan said:

The race for the #1 pick is coming down to the wire.

Arizona and Baltimore both have 104 losses now.

Texas is up to 98 losses.

Pittsburgh is up to 95 losses.

Washington is up to 64 wins so they won't be in the 100 loss club this year.

Dammit - so of course, the DBacks are beating the Dodgers tonight

It is 5-1 in the 8th, so I still have hope the bullpen can lose it yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Dammit - so of course, the DBacks are beating the Dodgers tonight

It is 5-1 in the 8th, so I still have hope the bullpen can lose it yet

They just won 7-2, I'm guessing JB is on the DBack bandwagon and celebrating.

So Arizona is now a game back of Baltimore for the #1 pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, burghfan said:

They just won 7-2, I'm guessing JB is on the DBack bandwagon and celebrating.

So Arizona is now a game back of Baltimore for the #1 pick.

Normally I will root for my Diamondbacks and whoever is playing the Dodgers tonight.

Of course, they have to win and help the Giants and hurt themselves. 

JB won't be happy if they pull that kind of crap next week when they play his team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Normally I will root for my Diamondbacks and whoever is playing the Dodgers tonight.

Of course, they have to win and help the Giants and hurt themselves. 

JB won't be happy if they pull that kind of crap next week when they play his team

JB won't be happy until the stinkin' Dodgers go 0-162 on the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...