Greasy Lake Community

The Official MLB 2021 thread

burghfan

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Damn!

18 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

This game has that razor's edge "one big hit" vibe.  I love it and I hate it.  Pass the Pepto Bismol.

Like that.  1-0 stinkens.  Fuck.  And I have to be up in 6 hours.

I wonder if there will be any talk of re-doing how teams are seeded for the Division Series round.  Instead of having the team with the best record automatically play the wild card team have them play the team with the worst record.

SF 107-55

LA 106-56

MIL 95-67

ATL 88-73

So if that happened this year San Fran would play Atlanta and LA would play Milwaukee.  To make it fair to the division winners the wild card team would never be the team with home field advantage in either the Division Series or the LCS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Shame that such a big game had to end that way.

Ironically the Giants benefited from a questionable non-call on a check swing in the regular season against the very team they played last night.

6 hours ago, burghfan said:

I wonder if there will be any talk of re-doing how teams are seeded for the Division Series round.  Instead of having the team with the best record automatically play the wild card team have them play the team with the worst record.

SF 107-55

LA 106-56

MIL 95-67

ATL 88-73

So if that happened this year San Fran would play Atlanta and LA would play Milwaukee.  To make it fair to the division winners the wild card team would never be the team with home field advantage in either the Division Series or the LCS.

Don't get me started.

37 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Shame that such a big game had to end that way.

Of course calls are missed in every game and umpires don't always get it right - but that was terrible and so wrong and no way to look and review it - reminds me of Eric Gregg calling some of Maddux and Glavine's pitches as strikes even when they were 10" off the plate. 

It won't benefit the Giants, but there has to be a rule adjustment about ending the game on a challenged "judgement" call so that never happens again.   Even lying stinking cheating Dodgers fans think that call was wrong

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JudgeBrown said:

FB_IMG_1634433473115.jpg

I don't think that is accurate.  It doesn't show DE, ME, and VT as pulling for the Braves.  And much like New Zealand on world maps it left out Alaska and Hawaii.