Greasy Lake Community

The Official MLB 2021 thread

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#ICallBullshit If it can't be an "official" no hitter, then how does baseball call it a shut out, a complete game and a win?   I understand not calling that a "no hitter" if the game had a weathe

I saw something that should make @JudgeBrown happy, the stinkin' Dodgers have lost their last 5 series.  Now that won't make him as happy as if they got swept in 5 straight series but should still mak

It's interesting, I am hearing a lot of players and coaches like it.  Basically, they don't want 15 inning, 5 hour games with a 12:05 start the next day.  Pitchers don't like it, because every extra i

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Boy I hope not, the teams from the 70's were almost as good as The Big Red Machine. 

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie 

MLB has told them to either get the deal done for a new park at Jack London Square or get to making plans to move.  I would not be surprised to see the name Las Vegas A's floating around soon.

21 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Boy I hope not, the teams from the 70's were almost as good as The Big Red Machine. 

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie 

Catfish, Vida, Reggie, Gene Tenace, Campy Campaneris, Joe Rudi, Monday, Rollie... that was a formidable team. Side note:  been years since I have seen him or been in contact but when I lived in the Bay Area I knew Vida Blue pretty well.

39 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Catfish, Vida, Reggie, Gene Tenace, Campy Campaneris, Joe Rudi, Monday, Rollie... that was a formidable team. Side note:  been years since I have seen him or been in contact but when I lived in the Bay Area I knew Vida Blue pretty well.

Sal Bando, Bill North and Mike Epstein

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie 

The A's may have been almost as good as the Big Red Machine, but the A's have the edge, 3-2, in World Series.  And the A's also won when facing the Reds in 72.

The Reds may have been better, but their success didn't last as long.