Greasy Lake Community

Bruce Spotted filming in NEBRASKA for a project...

30 minutes ago, Scooter&BigMan said:

I can't think of any other earthly reason why anyone would come to Central Nebraska this time of year.  If true, this has to be related in someway to a box set.

Even those of us who live in Nebraska don't want to be here in Jan/Feb...

Besides didn't a heavy snowstorm roll in a few days ago, the same one that is suppose to blanket Chicago again? That may actually make sense because the cover of Nebraska was shot in a snowstorm correct? https://www.snapgalleries.com/product/david-michael-kennedy-bruce-springsteen-nebraska-album-cover-photograph/

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

If there'll be a box set for Nebraska, I hope Bruce will include those great story songs he wrote right after (Unsatisfied heart, Richfield whistle, Sugarland, Fugitive's dream...). If he doesn't have these in releaseable quality soundwise, then I hope he'll re-record them or has already done so.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

If there'll be a box set for Nebraska, I hope Bruce will include those great story songs he wrote right after (Unsatisfied heart, Richfield whistle, Sugarland, Fugitive's dream...). If he doesn't have these in releaseable quality soundwise, then I hope he'll re-record them or has already done so.

In one of his radio shows he said that all that stuff will come out eventually.

• Thanks 1

Private jet...:rolleyes:...You're a 1%er Bruce. . Stop acting like Ritchie Rich. You aint gotta flaunt it. Have you forgotten you drove yourself to the Grammys a couple times. You drove yourself to the "We are the World" sessions. Nxt time fly commercial. It aint gonna hurt ya. You can fly 1st class if you want. Although, I guess there aren't too many commercial flights to/from Nebraska these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Private jet...:rolleyes:...You're a 1%er Bruce. . Stop acting like Ritchie Rich. You aint gotta flaunt it. Have you forgotten you drove yourself to the Grammys a couple times. You drove yourself to the "We are the World" sessions. Nxt time fly commercial. It aint gonna hurt ya. You can fly 1st class if you want. Although, I guess there aren't to many commercial flights to/from Nebraska these days.

...and all that secrecy and probable 'gagging' orders. Who does he think he is? Taylor Swift?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Private jet...:rolleyes:...You're a 1%er Bruce. . Stop acting like Ritchie Rich. You aint gotta flaunt it. Have you forgotten you drove yourself to the Grammys a couple times. You drove yourself to the "We are the World" sessions. Nxt time fly commercial. It aint gonna hurt ya. You can fly 1st class if you want. Although, I guess there aren't to many commercial flights to/from Nebraska these days.

Couldn't he hitch a ride with John Kerry! ;)

image.png.91329e893407d673e1452a0304426044.png

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Love that tune! I would hate to see it changed at all, very haunting in it's original state. 

Originals would be better if there are better sounding versions in the vault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Breakaway said:

Originals would be better if there are better sounding versions in the vault.

Yes, a little clean up job wouldn't hurt. But no full band type of rerecording! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

Nebraska has some of my favorite unreleased outtakes. Fade to Black!! 

That's my favourite first equal outtake 

1 hour ago, saschanrw said:

A box set sure would be great. But for the most part there is talk about simply filming a commercial for the Super Bowl, so I wouldn't stretch any expectations.

Bruce has never done endorsements before

With the exception of is it Takamine guitars i don't think he has ever stood behind and promoted a product of any kind

He famously refused to lend BITUSA to Chrysler back in the day

I very much doubt he's doing a super bowl add

That is just speculation due to the timming by people who are not fans 

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

If this is for the Nebraska box set id be happy for them to recomision concord or even a space shuttle if it gets him where he needs to go to tell us it's story 

Hope your right it would be pretty disappointing to see Bruce in a jeep commercial something he’s not even associated with, not a guitar commercial, or one of his nice jackets of his style but a random jeep?!

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/02/04/rumor-bruce-springsteen-will-star-in-super-bowl-jeep-commercial-which-song-will-be-used

Why would Kerry want to go to Nebraska?

Warren Buffett? 

He represented Mass. He has no ties there.

No, he represents the US as "The Green Czar".