Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Bruce Spotted filming in NEBRASKA for a project...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A remastered record, a Johnny 99 mug, a framed photo of the Mansion on the Hill, a miniture Used Car, the book The Life & Times of Joe Roberts, the actual co-ordinates to My Fathers House and load

The words “Bullet mic” and “awesome” should never be used in the same sentence. 

This is what i think about when i can't sleep I would love a box continuing Electric Nebraska Regular Nebraska (can never have too many copies) A live dvd with solo and acoustic pe

Posted Images

What's a Jeep, is it like a Range Rover? Fingers crossed it's an advert for a car*  Maybe hybrid Jeep Electric Nebraska is going to finally be released

* would be dead to me

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleepyjoe said:

I actually think he should experiment with it more in studio, just not on stage. It worked masterfully in Good Eye and Jersey Devil... but it should stay far away from Reason to Believe!

Reason to beleave is my favourite example of bullet mic

But its still good you love some use of it ! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elbow said:

What's a Jeep, is it like a Range Rover? Fingers crossed it's an advert for a car*  Maybe hybrid Jeep Electric Nebraska is going to finally be released

* would be dead to me

Jeep is owned by Fiat Chrysler automotives

Gary was just saying the other day out TJ was the last of the great American Jeeps 

There are Jeep production faculties in the US. Mexico, Brazil, China, Italy and India but most assembly is still done in the US but i guess its corporate owners are Italian ....except its now owned by Stellantis which also ownes Peugeot

The Jeep is the oldest mass produced 4x4 and predates any landrover, in 1941 willy's overland motor co of Toledo won the contract from the US army so Jeep has had a long proud military record 

Our Daisey was also made in Toledo, saddly her plant was closed durring an economic  downturn and restructure 

Land rover is jaguar which is Tata motors so its Indian,

I would love to see Bruce drive more jeeps

But not do commercials 

Why would he start now ?

He turned down US $10 million back in 85 - why would he sell out now ?

He hardly needs more money

I doubt Bruce is gready 

On the subject of electric cars

Why does no one talk about what happens to that huge battery when the car's life is over ?

A Jeep just pretty much rusts away to nothing 

Electric Nebraska is one thing

Electric cars a much much much lesser thing 

I hope Bruce never buys an electric car 

Id rather have an entire album with Commie Tommy

  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Jeep is owned by Fiat Chrysler automotives

Gary was just saying the other day out TJ was the last of the great American Jeeps 

There are Jeep production faculties in the US. Mexico, Brazil, China, Italy and India but most assembly is still done in the US but i guess its corporate owners are Italian ....except its now owned by Stellantis which also ownes Peugeot

The Jeep is the oldest mass produced 4x4 and predates any landrover, in 1941 willy's overland motor co of Toledo won the contract from the US army so Jeep has had a long proud military record 

Our Daisey was also made in Toledo, saddly her plant was closed durring an economic  downturn and restructure 

Land rover is jaguar which is Tata motors so its Indian,

I would love to see Bruce drive more jeeps

But not do commercials 

Why would he start now ?

He turned down US $10 million back in 85 - why would he sell out now ?

He hardly needs more money

I doubt Bruce is gready 

On the subject of electric cars

Why does no one talk about what happens to that huge battery when the car's life is over ?

A Jeep just pretty much rusts away to nothing 

Electric Nebraska is one thing

Electric cars a much much much lesser thing 

I hope Bruce never buys an electric car 

Id rather have an entire album with Commie Tommy

Probably better for the environment if its used cars

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, E Street nation said:

Probably better for the environment if we all have used cars

Better on your wallet too. New cars lose the most value right after purchase, you can purchased used cars that are six months old even, if you really need the newest things.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Reason to beleave is my favourite example of bullet mic

But its still good you love some use of it ! 

Haha I'm the complete opposite! Love every use except for RTB. Fire with the bullet mic during the D&D tour is one of my favorite versions

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

Better on your wallet too. New cars lose the most value right after purchase, you can purchased used cars that are six months old even, if you really need the newest things.

It was a nebraska joke...true though :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elbow said:

What's a Jeep, is it like a Range Rover? Fingers crossed it's an advert for a car*  Maybe hybrid Jeep Electric Nebraska is going to finally be released

* would be dead to me

i posted a pic of Daisey's Jeep on page 3 of this thread

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E Street nation said:

Probably better for the environment if its used cars

We were just talking about new jeeps at breakfast

Why buy something that not only depteatates as soon as you drive it off the lot, but who wants to put a scratch or God forbit a dint in a new car - so the new Jeep (or land rover or whatever) is relegated to school, coffee and grocery runs

What a waste of potential 

Worse is putting big tyes om just to make it look cool

It effects all the gearing which is why we modifyed the jeep 

They also use more fuel consummation around town on those big tires

Before the Jeep, before the zook we had our Isuzu Trooper (didnt have independent front end suspension but was great hill climber and a really nice car for touring ) we had two sets of wheels, so we had options for road plus sand and then mud

Gary got really quick at changing them over 

The amount of people we rescued over the years because they didn't know to just reduce their tyre pressure to make a bigger footprint was staggering

Where the hell was i going with this ...

So even if i could afford an $80,000 car common sence just says i just wouldn't 

No icecreams allowed in Gary's cars though :(

.....i had this one accident this one time ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd find it really weird if it was a jeep commercial, doesn't feel like a Bruce thing 

Someone I was talking to said this: "after decades of being fairly anti-corporate and refusing to do ads for that reason... it's a line i would be a bit disappointed if he crossed" 

I agree with that just feels odd

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

I'd find it really weird if it was a jeep commercial, doesn't feel like a Bruce thing 

Someone I was talking to said this: "after decades of being fairly anti-corporate and refusing to do ads for that reason... it's a line i would be a bit disappointed if he crossed" 

I agree with that just feels odd

Agree with this. 100%

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

Lots of bullet mic would be soooooo awsome !

The words “Bullet mic” and “awesome” should never be used in the same sentence. 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Agree with this. 100%

 

2 hours ago, burgessliam22 said:

I'd find it really weird if it was a jeep commercial, doesn't feel like a Bruce thing 

Someone I was talking to said this: "after decades of being fairly anti-corporate and refusing to do ads for that reason... it's a line i would be a bit disappointed if he crossed" 

I agree with that just feels odd

I think the Jeep rumor is morning more than coincidence 

Its super bowl time and Jeep are filming and add

Bruce just happens to be working on the Nebraska box set and it snowed and made for perfect filming conditions for what he has in mind 

Not this 

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/02/undercover-boss-mystery-of-bruce-springsteen-jeep-ad-will-be-solved-on-super-bowl-sunday/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

 

I think the Jeep rumor is morning more than coincidence 

Its super bowl time and Jeep are filming and add

Bruce just happens to be working on the Nebraska box set and it snowed and made for perfect filming conditions for what he has in mind 

Not this 

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/02/undercover-boss-mystery-of-bruce-springsteen-jeep-ad-will-be-solved-on-super-bowl-sunday/

I really hope so!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Bruce just happens to be working on the Nebraska box set and it snowed and made for perfect filming conditions for what he has in mind

The Mount Everest of all assumptions :P

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Nebraska box set would be his smallest box set yet, and generate the least sales, I would imagine. No point in that when it can be absorbed into a mega huge BITUSA box.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

A Nebraska box set would be his smallest box set yet, and generate the least sales, I would imagine. No point in that when it can be absorbed into a mega huge BITUSA box.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

I know that is not outside the realm of possibilities but it would not do full justice to an album that has influenced other musicians

It is definatly part of the BITUSA story but not giving it its own anniversary release really does it a great diservice

Its like the quiet but brilliant slightly geeky sibling to the most popular kid in school 

I am reminded of twins in my year at high school

The sensitive quiet one was by far the nicer person but faded so far into the background beside the loud  one most people didn't even realize they were twins 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Also why would a jeep commercial have to be filmed in Nebraska? 

I don’t think it would have to be filmed in Nebraska but if, god forbid, you were stuck in Nebraska there wouldn’t another damn thing to do so you might as well just shoot a commercial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...