Greasy Lake Community

New Archive - Nice, France 18/05/1997

"Because the arrangements largely remain faithful, the differences are subtle, but a song like “Murder Incorporated” has evolved from stark noir to more of a beautifully sung cautionary tale, with Bruce’s guitar weaving an unsettling rhythmic bed that lulls us into submission." - Erik

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Two hours of just Bruce and a guitar, which includes that awful version of Promised Land. Saved myself £7 this month.

Next.

Worth £7 for the version of Brothers under The Bridge. 

10 minutes ago, Growin' Up said:

Worth £7 for the version of Brothers under The Bridge. 

If they offered single track downloads for 99p like other normal people I'd be in.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Listen to Uncle Erik

Capture.JPG

Oh my giddy aunt, he's excelled himself with this one. It might be his finest, OTT, hyperbolic moment. It's also a load of bullsh*t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, sietze1976 said:

Too bad they didn’t release one of the two shows in Paris a week later. I was at both these shows.. But listening to Nice right now, great show!

I feel your pain

• Like 2

Love Joad !

Love acoustic Bruce

Love this tour

Some days Joad is my favourite album

Its Probably my 2nd or 2nd equal most played album

Im on my 3rd cd because they wear out

Most excitted to see its the little things that count get another release

I really wish it had got on D&D

Did Bruce just lose interest in it all of a sudden ?

Its my 1st equal favourite outtake 

Now the stress of making room on my phone because i have bearly enough menory left for the thing to even work properly currently

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Nice to have another Tom Joad show!! Besides the two special shows (Freehold and Ashbury Park) it’s really nice to have a second regular show of this tour and also some great rarities at this show. 
Another fine release in this archive series!!

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I never would have guessed an official release for this show. Looks like this might be one of the tours where all of the shows were recorded.

Well, good to have one that I haven't done a Storyteller for - now maybe I will sometime.

• Bruuuuce! 1

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Listen to Uncle Erik

It was Erik who after or around time of first leg of the Joad Tour (so probably early 1996) wrote this:

'It is good to be a Bruce Springsteen fan again!' or something like that ('It is a good time to be...', maybe).

Everyone can think about this what he/she wants.

Erik could also be critical about Bruce Springsteen sometimes (or: objective), but that was way back then.

Downloaded in HD Flac and had a long car journey. Some great tunes and great quality. 

Highlights for me were GOTJ, Atlantic City, It’s hard to be a saint was awesome, Brothers Under the Bridge (probably by favourite Springsteen song of the  last 30 years) but it sounded a bit polished on here for me, Two hearts (I think this could be my favourite version of the song). 

Bruce spoke quite a bit of French so would love a translation. As soon as THAT harmonica kicked in at the start of GOTJ I was picKed up, lifted and transported back some 25 years straight to Brixton academy the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. Beautiful.

As a side story I remember back in the day going on holiday in Greece and a bar owners party trick was putting on GOTJ and a pack of stray dogs use to howl like mad to the first 30 secs. Still makes me tickle ha ha 

• Like 1