Greasy Lake Community

Show us your tats!

OK, I'll go first.

We've all got Bruce under our skin... but how many of us can say that literally?

Don't Look Back!.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Too bad Jerseyfornia isn't around anymore. He'd show you a couple arms full.

Any involving cars?

thought of having a tattoo makes me wince have never been able to even get me ears pierced used to feint at the sight of a needle not so bad now have had loads of pracice over the last few years, but in a nutshell im a wimp

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, stevie54uk said:

thought of having a tattoo makes me wince have never been able to even get me ears pierced used to feint at the sight of a needle not so bad now have had loads of pracice over the last few years, but in a nutshell im a wimp

I can't help with the ink but let me get some frozen peas and a lighter .... 

On 2/6/2021 at 4:41 PM, zzcoolness said:

I like pie...

You know American pastry is different to NZ/ British pastry ? :lol:

Off topic but I really love this tee shirt 

A13usaonutL._AC_CLa_2140,2000_61QjK7bcHVL.png_0,0,2140,2000+642.0,470.0,854.0,1025.0_UY1000_.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You know American pastry is different to NZ/ British pastry ? :lol:

Off topic but I really love this tee shirt 

A13usaonutL._AC_CLa_2140,2000_61QjK7bcHVL.png_0,0,2140,2000+642.0,470.0,854.0,1025.0_UY1000_.jpeg

NZ pies look to be the equivalent to US "Pot Pies." Either way ALL PIES MATTER :) 

Pies, Bikes, and Beer does go together, https://ragbrai.com/des-moines-register-loses-to-npr-in-ragbrai-pie-eating-contest/, so long as the host doesn't lose the contest.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

NZ pies look to be the equivalent to US "Pot Pies." Either way ALL PIES MATTER :) 

Pies, Bikes, and Beer does go together, https://ragbrai.com/des-moines-register-loses-to-npr-in-ragbrai-pie-eating-contest/, so long as the host doesn't lose the contest.

I do enjoy the odd fruit pie for pudding,i used to make gooseberry pie wheb i was a kid, Gary loves apple and rhubarb

But a pie with no lid i would call a flan 

but yes a pie generally refers to a meat pie here

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/new-zealand/articles/pies-the-cornerstone-of-new-zealands-culinary-culture/

My mum used to make us chocolate pumpkin pie as she had an American pen freind, she told us it was cheesecake so we would eat it because pumpkin traditionally  is savoury here 

But we also use a lot of flaky pastry 

Jeez I've just had lunch and now im hungry again ! 

We did not have a pie

hand-held-is-the-key.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I don’t understand tattoos. I really just don’t get it.

A chicken pot out in the other hand, is one of my favorite meals.

I'm with you. You know 15 years ago a service person would show up to the house for repair work, if he/she had tattoo's, I wouldn't them in the house, or at least keep a very good eye on them. Know a days I just give them a key to the joint and tell them to lock up when finished and throw the key under the mat. 

How many wedding have you been to over the last 10 years or so? Bridesmaids come walking in with these beautiful gown and then tattoo's up and down their arms and half their backs. Ugly all the sudden! 

On 2/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, badlands78 said:

You must be a Boston fan! B)

Yeesh, definitely not.  Mookie Wilson's soft roller in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series was one of the greatest moments in history.

Oh wait, you meant the band Boston.  Yeah, they're okay.:lol:

• Like 1

Seriously?  Not one other person is going to 'fess up to a little Boss-related inkage?

I'm so angry I'm quitting Greasy Lake for good.

Just kidding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tattoos used to be cool, it was part of a rockers uniform . Then the likes of David Beckham got sleeves and thought he was philosophical and the flood gates opened - wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole these days . 

Funny thing is people now think they are individual if they get a tattoo ! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Tattoos used to be cool, it was part of a rockers uniform . Then the likes of David Beckham got sleeves and thought he was philosophical and the flood gates opened - wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole these days . 

Funny thing is people now think they are individual if they get a tattoo ! 

“It’s how I express myself”. I hear that one all the time.

Why not just grab a notepad? 

• Haha 1