Greasy Lake Community

The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial

I am very conficted by this.

My first reaction on seeing the news was... Bruce in a commerical? Not cool.

Havign watched it, it is moving, and strong.  But I just wish Jeep had been big enough not to use thier logo at the end.  There was product placement, and the hype this ggenerates would have been enough to ensure they got the recognition they are looking for...

YMMV

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2

• jukebox changed the title to The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial
36 minutes ago, jukebox said:

Havign watched it, it is moving, and strong.  But I just wish Jeep had been big enough not to use thier logo at the end.  There was product placement, and the hype this ggenerates would have been enough to ensure they got the recognition they are looking for...

YMMV

Ill show it to Mr Jeep (Gary) and see what he thinks

We love looking at the Superbowl commercials 

Ok

Its cool its a CJ-5 and a Willys in the add 

Bruce and Ron Aniello wrote the score (jeez what would Bruce's fee be for that) 

Francois said Springsteen was intimately involved in creating the ad, and worked closely with director Thom Zimny. He wrote and produced the original score for the commercial with another one of his frequent collaborators, Ron Aniello.

And Thom Zimmy was involved 

I mean the message is very relevant and needed

America does need to come together in the middle 

And ive loved Jeeps since i had one in my toy box when i was 3 years old (a CJ 5)

Maybe on some level this is an extension of Bruce doing the hunter intro short film, but with a more obvious message

I would think like many Americans Bruce feels really passionate about that message - of comming  together in the middle 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/07/watch-bruce-springsteen-stars-in-super-bowl-2021-ad-for-jeep.html

49 minutes ago, jukebox said:

YMMV

Why am i the only one here ???????

• Haha 1

Is this the surprise he was talking about ?

I mean we get a little bit of Bruce for free with Fiat (or Stellantis - i get a bit confused)  picking up the tab 

Ive emailed it to Gary

If i make too big a deal out of it he will get suspicious like sons of anarchy and Lillyhammer, he's not stupid 

Ive told him ive sent him the Jeep Superbowl add

Just have to wait 

Just saw this on Twitter. My heart sunk when I saw Bruce had had done a commercial but....I like it. Doesn’t feel like it’s advertising, has a nice message, I can get on board with it.

Also helps greatly that it’s going to be shown as a one-off on TV and not repeated for most the year. 

• Like 2

I like it!!  Well done, great message, "the ReUnited States of America."  Not sure how soon that may happen.  It fits with what Bruce has expressed about the countries identity crisis.  Since he finally did a commercial, I'm okay with this one.  How it came about from Rolling Stone.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-super-bowl-ad-jeep-1124810/?fbclid=IwAR2J4LR0E2sfbc9Kep9nhcZf_HA_TKISsA77GZ0Cd8CGLWOkGwEbXagQTaY

I don't have a problem with this. It's not Bruce standing there with a bottled beer saying "drink what the Boss drinks". It's a piece of social commentary, entirely in keeping with the themes of his radio show, with a commercial angle tacked on.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Flagofpiracy said:

I like it!!  Well done, great message, "the ReUnited States of America."  Not sure how soon that may happen.  It fits with what Bruce has expressed about the countries identity crisis.  Since he finally did a commercial, I'm okay with this one.  How it came about from Rolling Stone.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-super-bowl-ad-jeep-1124810/?fbclid=IwAR2J4LR0E2sfbc9Kep9nhcZf_HA_TKISsA77GZ0Cd8CGLWOkGwEbXagQTaY

Dang:(

I gotta pay US$7.99 to read that

That's like a gazillion NZ dollars 

7 minutes ago, rockaway88 said:

What do you think he was writing on that piece of paper? And why was he lighting that candle? We may never know. 

For some reason, I feel the need to go to my local Jeep dealer tomorrow though. 

I was just gonna say does anyone think they’ll buy a Jeep as a result of this, but you shot that comment down, lol.

oh well, back to work...

Bossman

Just now, Bossman66 said:

I was just gonna say does anyone think they’ll buy a Jeep as a result of this, but you shot that comment down, lol.

oh well, back to work...

Bossman

If a money tree sprouts in the backyard over might 

Of course i will

They also have like zero finance right now

But i don't wanna buy a new one that will instantly deprecate as we drive it off the lot and that first dint is ganna hurt too much 

We'll get a pre-loved one ! I'd rather spend the extra dollars on modifications

- parts are really exspensive when we live so far away from a Jeep factory and ive always liked those Micky Thompson tyres 

Mind you Gary can't drive right now with his eyes so maybe if i won lotto id buy a ww2 willys jeep and it can be Gary's retirement project 

• Like 1