Greasy Lake Community

The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial

30 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Google sez that Taylor Swift has never played the half time show at the Super Bowl.

I bet she's been asked.

Give her 50 or 60 years. 

• Haha 3
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is supposed to be my fucking electric Nebraska 

This is very sad and very disappointing. I hope he at least donates the money (assuming he got paid to do that) to some charity cause. Yes it's fine cinematography and I'm sure he means all the things

I came to this topic expecting some debate on Bruce doing a commercial. I wasn't expecting a debate on the resale value of Jeeps. Gotta love Greasy Lake.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Magnus said:

The more I think about it, the more the religious element bothers me. It is somewhat alienating to me as an atheist.

Have you heard his songs..even in the last 6 months..if i were a priest...power of prayer and others: If jesus was an only son...Living proof... the guy is religous..he talks about his catholic up bringing, thats who he is and what he chooses to sing and talk about

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Just think of all the chaos that could have been avoided if Bruce would have just done this commercial 4 years ago! 

1. No (2) Impeachments 

2. No Antifa 

3. No "insurrection" 

4. No need for this years commercial. 

Exactly my point as well....where was the call for meeting in the middle when there were protests from the left (certainly not with the same issues we saw at the Capital), immediately after Trump's election.  Do not want to turn this forum into politics, but the left calling for reconciliation, when for 4 years they advocated for running the guy out on the rails, comes across a bit shallow right now.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

What would Joe Strummer think?  

I thought when I seen your post earlier, it was just a one off! 

Is my brother back? I hope so. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

the guy is religous..he talks about his catholic up bringing, thats who he is and what he chooses to sing and talk about

Are you sure! What is the Holy Grail for liberal's! And then think what side Bruce is on, and get back to me.  

Plus Magus is a dayoner here, so I believe he knows what he's talking about. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Plus Magus is a dayoner here, so I believe he knows what he's talking about. 

?

So Bruce doesn't sing about religious stuff?

Just now, Eileen said:

?

So Bruce doesn't sing about religious stuff?

For sure he does. E Street Nation asked Magus if he'd heard Bruce's music even as lately. Magus doesn't post often so he may have thought he was a newcomer and didn't know what he was talking about. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

For sure he does. E Street Nation asked Magus if he'd heard Bruce's music even as lately. Magus doesn't post often so he may have thought he was a newcomer and didn't know what he was talking about. 

It's opening up a discussion as to why it seems to matter now but it's been ok for umpteen years.

Is it because the religious imagery is being used to sell Jeeps rather than records?

• Like 2

Ooh. Are we going to have a discussion about our hero's morals and ethics and how that relates to his Catholic principles and dictats?

If so, I'm gonna plump up the cushions and put the kettle on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Eileen said:

It's opening up a discussion as to why it seems to matter now but it's been ok for umpteen years.

Is it because the religious imagery is being used to sell Jeeps rather than records?

I don’t think I would call Bruce religious. I don’t think Bruce would call himself religious. He went to Catholic school and has found that Catholic dogma and imagery to be effective (not to mention profitable) in expressing his artistry, but I don’t think he is really religious. “Spiritual” or something like that is probably more like it than a religion with a set of rules and shared beliefs. 

20 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Hay

Now come on

God is a Jeep guy after all ! 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Eileen said:

for many of the unaffiliated it's never been ok ... more like grudgingly accepted

• Like 1

Didn't have any problem with the cute little symbolic church right bang smack in the middle of America

Its symbolic

And it was a pretty little thing

Bet it gets the odd Jeep tourist from here on in

We have similar little iconic country churches that are popular with un- Christian peeps too

Jeep Bruce inc aren't inviting anyone to church or trying to convert anyone

Its an Add

Adds do no appeal to everyons 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Hay

Now come on

God is a Jeep guy after all ! 

Its a thing we used to say all the time after getting in hairy situations off road

Gary isn't religious, in fact he is as anti as a lot of you

But he doesn't take offence to occasional religious imagery 

It's crap. Bruce is nowhere near "the middle" when it comes to the divide in America. Great sentiment but the message would have been better delivered by someone who isn't an outspoken leftist. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looking at reaction on social media...Bruce and his views havent gone down well with folks..I have no issue with somebody expressing there opinion, its everyones right to do so and why should bruce be any different, he has an opinion and chooses to talk about it.. just like the fella down the pub does difference is.. normal people giving opinions is acceptable but when bruce does it there is an outcry, if you agree thats great and if you disagree thats also great.. we all have political opinions and we can all express them.. and bruce chooses to do this aswell. Surely people arent blind enough to turn his great music down based on a political opinion

Thats my tuppence worth

• Like 2