Greasy Lake Community

The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial

I have to keep reminding myself, although we had to sell the Jeep because that particular recession was a real bitch and hit construction hard and Gary had little work and if you 4x4 serously it costs a lot if money

By selling the Jeep i got to go to Moncton to see Bruce Springsteen and the ESB

If we hadn't brougt the Jeep maybe i would never have got LINYC

Thank you Daisy 

Always in my heart 

Its kind of great for me that Bruce did a Jeep add 

I hope he buys his kids' all new ones and his sisters too ! 

One for Patty too

One for Jon

Steve deserves one too ! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Can’t disagree with you there Daisy but then again I haven’t seen another Jeep ad :wacko:

It was the best of ads, it was the worst of ads.

• Haha 6

I’d like to add that it’s about time Bruce became more involved in environmental issues . Jeep do not have a great record on manufacturing greener cars . ... and although I look forward to and hope he will tour again I also hope he looks toward innovative ways toward neutralising his carbon footprint . 

no more bloody car commercials !!!:D

• Like 1

Ganna go away now and feel sad thinking about our Jeep

We sold it to a fucking idiot who had no idea how to really drive off road

Gary has got a really great eye for picking a line off road

In all our vehicles we used to punch well above our weight in club compitions because Gary could really drive

If we had had the money Gary was good enough to have competed nationally but Jeep parts are bloody expensive ans although Daisy wasn't new, she still looked pristine and we tried to keep her looking that way 

When we feel over and fucked the automatic transmission we didn't put a scratch on her ! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

I’d like to add that it’s about time Bruce became more involved in environmental issues . Jeep do not have a great record on manufacturing greener cars . ... and although I look forward to and hope he will tour again I also hope he looks toward innovative ways toward neutralising his carbon footprint . 

no more bloody car commercials !!!:D

I wish Gary was awake

Ive seen a report compairing a dead Jeep to a dead electric car

The Jeep pretty much rusts away to nothing

What happens to that great big battry in the hybrid ? 

We can't even recycle cardboard in this country right now ! 

You know the little picture of the little boy pissing and people put Holden or Ford on it

We used to have the little boy pissing in a hybrid on the side of Daisy

Also for the record

Off road we were always respectful to the flora and fauna - i know some fuck wits are not and it reflects baddly on all 4x4 users

We always stuck to the tracks (or where a formed track had once been) and played by the rules

1081.jpg

34 minutes ago, SydneyGirl said:

I came to this topic expecting some debate on Bruce doing a commercial. I wasn't expecting a debate on the resale value of Jeeps. Gotta love Greasy Lake. :D

Nice to see you, hope you doing ok.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyGirl said:

I came to this topic expecting some debate on Bruce doing a commercial. I wasn't expecting a debate on the resale value of Jeeps. Gotta love Greasy Lake. :D

Try mentioning the meaning of Janey Needs a Shooter. That seemed to initiate some non-Jeep discussion. Just don’t call it “wild”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Nice to see you, hope you doing ok.

Thanks JMW, you too.

Fine, just trying to hold on to my job which may run out at the end of April and in this economy holding on to a job as long as it is still around is vital. Lot of other things going by the wayside at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 2/8/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jimmy James said:

The gangs all back. 

Wasted, rtb, S2S has liked a few items. 

I love the couple of times a year when Bruce does something that let's us talk about something real here.

Thank God for Bruce.  

I'm starting to think a bit differently about the commercial.  The country is fractured and people need to figure out how to coexist.  It needed to be said.  Maybe he's not the most credible person give the message but who is?  It's not ideal that he did it in a commercial but Jeep paid for that message to be delivered to 90 million people.  More than can be reached by any other means.  So today I'm good with it .... but I'll probably feel differently tomorrow.  

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

14 hours ago, SydneyGirl said:

Thanks JMW, you too.

Fine, just trying to hold on to my job which may run out at the end of April and in this economy holding on to a job as long as it is still around is vital. Lot of other things going by the wayside at the moment.

So tough in so many ways, take care.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, Trang said:

I didn't even notice. I am surprised Jeep would let that through.

I like it though since there should be nothing wrong with taking a shot of alcohol and then driving a Jeep - unless you weigh under 80 pounds in which case you should not drive a Jeep anyway.

That may have aged as well as wine with a heavily cracked cork.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Trang said:

That may have aged as well as wine with a heavily cracked cork.

How do you know what he was drinking in the ad? He was drinking something from a Thermos bottle cup. It could have been anything. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 1:44 PM, Thunder Roadie said:

I just laughed when I read it. It’s like a written version of that crazy channel Fox! Factually incorrect - Bruce has been a success 5 decades not 4 and what’s with the bitchiness over plastic surgery ? :D

And the earrings! My heavens! :o

• Like 1