Greasy Lake Community

The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial

7 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Ah, so he travelled between Nebraska and Kansas but they're next to each other (I studied the map ;)) so that's ok ... isn't it? Hope he took his mask with him :)

I just noticed you have Dorothy back 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

love it its almost as though Jeep has paid Bruce to get his message across

Exactly this,whatever fans think of the rights or wrongs of him doing this,it's got his message out to a far wider audience with this commercial than he ever would otherwise. 

Whilst it could be seen as a sell out by Bruce I think he is more than smart enough now to know what he should or shouldn't do & the reasons behind it & this commercial is about getting a message across about America the country he loves,not promoting LTY or Bruce Springsteen.

• Like 5

I gotta admit if this was a Ford or a Toyota add i might feel differently 

Although super bowl has the most beautuful adds

Oh oh oh oh oh

Bruce might get on the news !

The super bowl adds are always shown like wau before the actual game report ! 

We like to marvel at the cost of them

I beleave Bruce Jeep will be taking up an entire add break 

16581905.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

love it its almost as though Jeep has paid Bruce to get his message across

Excuse my bad manners for not quoting you before

You are dead right ! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Ah, so he travelled between Nebraska and Kansas but they're next to each other (I studied the map ;)) so that's ok ... isn't it? Hope he took his mask with him :)

Reminds me of when I asked Auntie Hazel in Brisbane if she'd mind nipping over to Sydney to photograph Ben Hall's grave for me ... or was it Fatty (ex Laker) I asked? Anyway, whoever it was explained that, although they looked close on the map - they weren't!  

PS Anybody in Sydney who'd like to nip over and take a snap - please do ... when safe to do so of course.

• Haha 2

I've just visited another Board and see that cos it's Bruce this seems to be ok with most. If it had been anybody else they'd have been spitting chips.

Eeee dear me ... 

• Like 1

The only thing that could have improved this was if it was summer and Bruce had no shirt :lol:

At least he left the Jeep's top at home - probably why he has that coat and hat on :lol:

This is very sad and very disappointing. I hope he at least donates the money (assuming he got paid to do that) to some charity cause. Yes it's fine cinematography and I'm sure he means all the things he says but nonetheless this is a crack in the mirror of the integrity of his 50 year old career. You know, the things some of us got hooked on him for in the first place. As if he couldn't get a public forum to get his whatever message through without having to endorse some big money-hungry corporate fuckin car brand. Damn.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 minute ago, Eileen said:

I've just visited another Board and see that cos it's Bruce this seems to be ok with most. If it had been anybody else they'd have been spitting chips.

Eeee dear me ... 

I actually just stuck my head in somewhere too :lol:

A few naysayers

Its just a matter of getting one's head around it

I mean its not like FCA sell's models that were last in production in 1983 ! 

Its just reinforcing the brand's image as an American icon like Bruce 

2 minutes ago, redwire said:

This is very sad and very disappointing. I hope he at least donates the money (assuming he got paid to do that) to some charity cause. Yes it's fine cinematography and I'm sure he means all the things he says but nonetheless this is a crack in the mirror of the integrity of his 50 year old career. You know, the things some of us got hooked on him for in the first place. As if he couldn't get a public forum to get his whatever message through without having to endorse some big money-hungry corporate fuckin car brand. Damn.

Nice to see you Red

You doing allright in the pandemic ?

• Hug 1

2 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Hey, @Daisey Jeep - you know we were discussing bucket lists on another thread? Well, it looks like he's got one - Broadway, Superbowl appearance, and ad during Superbowl ... another one ticked.

I hope Electric Nebraska is on the list

This Nebraska outing had my hopes sky high 

• Haha 1

Shit - its really late

Tibby just took himself off to bed without me 

Gary went a couple of hours ago

Night y'all

Stay safe

thumb_the-original-n-eat-jeep-girl-daisy-duke-by-bradleyyouknowit-374457.png

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

I suppose it’s in the “expected the unexpected” vein that’s been a common one for quite a while. Morello touring with the band, whole album shows, Broadway and its ticket prices, recording an album live with the band, long lost 70s numbers appearing on albums etc.

The form book has been tossed out the window a long time ago. The overall impact of Bruce being less predictable has been good although I’m not so keen on this decision. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the imposter said:

Bruce appears to have lost whatever principles he had back in 1985 ...

I disagree. If it was an advert blatantly selling a product then I would agree.

Bruce isn't driving a jeep in this and basically asking you to buy one. It's barely a jeep ad

• Like 4

I was very apprehensive about these rumours but I'm glad to say I don't mind it. I'm not crazy about it but at least it isn't a blatant ad for a jeep, its something different and more important

Plus, Bruce looks great and it was a nice score! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

I disagree. If it was an advert blatantly selling a product then I would agree.

Bruce isn't driving a jeep in this and basically asking you to buy one. It's barely a jeep ad

It’s the very best type of marketing and, be under no illusion, this is an absolutely huge coup for Jeep as a way of selling more product.

Nice accompanying words or not it’s an ad to sell Jeeps.

I’m not jumping up and down in rage about it but it is what it is.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jukebox said:

I am very conficted by this.

My first reaction on seeing the news was... Bruce in a commerical? Not cool.

Havign watched it, it is moving, and strong.  But I just wish Jeep had been big enough not to use thier logo at the end.  There was product placement, and the hype this ggenerates would have been enough to ensure they got the recognition they are looking for...

YMMV

Jeep bought him to do their commercial (that’s what the term “sellout” means. You allow somebody to buy you and your thoughts, words, etc..... and they can do with it as they please). Why the hell wouldn’t they put their logo at the end?

The commercial is a nice sentiment. He’s nowhere close to the middle from what I hear him say so I don’t think he’s the right one to be sending that message, but the idea it right.

5 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It’s the very best type of marketing and, be under no illusion, this is an absolutely huge coup for Jeep as a way of selling more product.

Nice accompanying words or not it’s an ad to sell Jeeps.

I’m not jumping up and down in rage about it but it is what it is.

Its definitely better than a regular car advert at least we have that 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, the imposter said:

Bruce appears to have lost whatever principles he had back in 1985 ...

You should have learned by now that the only reason he had a problem with a politician using his music was because that politician was a Republican. And they’re not “in the middle”, only the Democrats are.:rolleyes:

• Like 1