Greasy Lake Community

The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Ah, so he travelled between Nebraska and Kansas but they're next to each other (I studied the map ;)) so that's ok ... isn't it? Hope he took his mask with him :)

That’s the beauty of being a hukster preacher. You don’t have to do or believe anything that you’re saying, you just have to have the congregation believe it so they keep your coffers full. It’s part of the “magic act” if you will.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is supposed to be my fucking electric Nebraska 

This is very sad and very disappointing. I hope he at least donates the money (assuming he got paid to do that) to some charity cause. Yes it's fine cinematography and I'm sure he means all the things

I came to this topic expecting some debate on Bruce doing a commercial. I wasn't expecting a debate on the resale value of Jeeps. Gotta love Greasy Lake.

Posted Images

Bruce has many times in recent years lost his principles or sold out as some describe it probably at the behest of Bruce inc, but I just dont see that with this advert, its almost a Bruce message sponsored by Jeep, 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Yes. It's a strange turn of events. I'm sure we'll get an explanation at some point and the rationale behind it. 

Not that it matters, but the biggie for me is if he got paid to do it.

Yes, did he take the MONEY, or turn it down like those wily Irishmen??

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Reminds me of when I asked Auntie Hazel in Brisbane if she'd mind nipping over to Sydney to photograph Ben Hall's grave for me ... or was it Fatty (ex Laker) I asked? Anyway, whoever it was explained that, although they looked close on the map - they weren't!  

PS Anybody in Sydney who'd like to nip over and take a snap - please do ... when safe to do so of course.

You know it's almost a 5 hour drive even from Sydney, right? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

Bruce has many times in recent years lost his principles or sold out as some describe it probably at the behest of Bruce inc, but I just dont see that with this advert, its almost a Bruce message sponsored by Jeep, 

It’s almost a Bruce message sponsored by Jeep....... almost. But it absolutely is a Jeep commercial. And the message is not believable coming from him. He has no desire for this country to be in the middle. He’s made that clear.

For the record, I don’t care that he sells (or allows) his stuff or himself to be used for commercial uses. I do get a kick out of people rationalizing it as not what it is though. He’s just a guy, like every other guy.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, coatesout said:

Not sure what's worse .... the pretensiousness, or the sell-out.

The pretentiousness, for sure. At least selling out gets you a buck.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jmw said:

I  hope he gives away what ever he got paid for it.

If he doesn't you can have my house, my car, my boat*, my belief & the last 40 years of my fandom, my cat (Tiggy) and my Scotland 1978 World Cup Panini sticker collection.

* I don't have a boat, but will buy a massive one and give it to you.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its like i wanted this

49367feff53f0686b1691c1984781b4d--veggie-christmas-christmas-baking.jpg

But this came along

d4508b815cbdac80e35fda0b38ebe103.jpgand i really love berries and chocolate but im not really into cake 

but aren't they both cake

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Wouldn’t have thought alcohol and cars were the most ideal of bedfellows. 

I would say a Red Headed Woman is Bruce Springsteen's ideal of a perfect bedfellow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Agree that the message seems inconsistent.   Meet on the middle of a 'humane immigration policy'? Rocky ground is now middle ground? He's speaking and not his music, which has long divided his fans.  Clint Eastwood did a very similar 2 minute Super Bowl commercial; Eastwood who has very different personal politics and I don't see the alignment.  But happy to hear his voice and see Zimney's luscious work for a couple of minutes,  so there's that. 

2 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

You know it's almost a 5 hour drive even from Sydney, right? :)

Oooo, are you offering? Thanks!

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I thought that. Rather odd but tequila seems to be a very important part of the recent image. Wouldn’t have thought alcohol and cars were the most ideal of bedfellows. 

/S

It's all part of meeting in the middle; You got to listen to drink drivers AND tee totallers, anti-vaxers AND scientists, flat earthers AND Galileo, Sandy Hook parents AND conspiracy theorists...

/S off

57 minutes ago, Elbow said:

If he doesn't you can have my house, my car, my boat*, my belief & the last 40 years of my fandom, my cat (Tiggy) and my Scotland 1978 World Cup Panini sticker collection.

* I don't have a boat, but will buy a massive one and give it to you.

Scotland like most things were better in 78

0D2A4744-DFD7-460B-BE9C-ECD09A5CC0EF.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Scotland like most things were better in 78

0D2A4744-DFD7-460B-BE9C-ECD09A5CC0EF.jpeg

Although...events this weekend make 2021 our new 1978 or 1983 if you will. See you next weekend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, DaveNJ95 said:

Bruce has always been selling us on his credibility.  As earnest and sincere as they tried to make that commercial, it's still Bruce in a commercial.  Oil and water.

100%. Sounds like even Landau was surprised so let’s not talk about the dreaded Bruce Inc. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, jukebox said:

/S

It's all part of meeting in the middle; You got to listen to drink drivers AND tee totallers, anti-vaxers AND scientists, flat earthers AND Galileo, Sandy Hook parents AND conspiracy theorists...

/S off

Oh, undoubtedly there is some underlying metaphor that makes total sense.