Greasy Lake Community

The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial

10 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Damn.  He's done one for Puppy Bowl as well.  At least it holds true to the in the middle theme.

brucewithdog.png

Boss?
Yes Timberlake?

I don’t think we are in Kansas anymore....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DaveNJ95 said:

Bruce has always been selling us on his credibility.  As earnest and sincere as they tried to make that commercial, it's still Bruce in a commercial.  Oil and water.

I completely and utterly disagree, Brucie hasn't "always been selling us on his credibility". For me, it has been his to own and for us to buy, if we want to. What has he been selling? Credibility? I would say albums.

50 odd years of values questioned over a 2 minute advert.  From an outsider, with no US political allegiance, I see it as he is a concerned US citizen trying to help restore a, what looks like from my perspective, f'd up country right now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Elbow said:

I completely and utterly disagree, Brucie hasn't "always been selling us on his credibility".

You don't get a sense watching that commercial that Bruce was worried about his credibility and had to make sure everyone would understand that it's not your run of the mill car commercial a la Bob Seger or John Mellencamp singing a jingle?

• Bruuuuce! 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It’s also such a Western Stars outtake. That slow narrative, no matter how well written, backed by plaintive scores and sweeping camera work has become a bit cliched real fast.

Western Stars is cliched? ffs...

3 minutes ago, Elbow said:

I completely and utterly disagree, Brucie hasn't "always been selling us on his credibility". For me, it has been his to own and for us to buy, if we want to. What has he been selling? Credibility? I would say albums.

50 odd years of values questioned over a 2 minute advert.  From an outsider, with no US political allegiance, I see it as he is a concerned US citizen trying to help restore a, what looks like from my perspective, f'd up country right now. 

The country was f’d up under Obama as well (and Bush, Clinton, etc...). He’s under the misguided notion that it’s only bad when the Republicans are in charge. And as f’d up as the country is, we still seem to roll on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveNJ95 said:

You don't get a sense watching that commercial that Bruce was worried about his credibility and had to make sure everyone would understand that it's not your run of the mill car commercial a la Bob Seger or John Mellencamp singing a jingle?

Absolutely no. Why would he? Whats the relevance between those guys and 2021 Bruce and his views? 

1 minute ago, Jertucky said:

The country was f’d up under Obama as well (and Bush, Clinton, etc...). He’s under the misguided notion that it’s only bad when the Republicans are in charge. And as f’d up as the country is, we still seem to roll on.

Like an underarm deodorant

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

It’s also such a Western Stars outtake. That slow narrative, no matter how well written, backed by plaintive scores and sweeping camera work has become a bit cliched real fast.

Agree.

9 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

No. Repeatedly using that narrative style over similar images is beginning to feel cliched. Did it with WS, Letter To You and this.

Western Stars is a fantastic album. 

Disagree.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Absolutely no. Why would he? Whats the relevance between those guys and 2021 Bruce and his views? 

The relevance is that they allowed their songs to be used to sell cars. Bruce is letting his voice be used to sell cars. Same-same. 

I heard a rumor that there is a follow up commercial if Brady wins the superbowl

Bruce exits the church to find his tyres have been deflated :)

he calls AAA and the tow truck driver is brady

:D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Elbow said:

If he doesn't you can have my house, my car, my boat*, my belief & the last 40 years of my fandom, my cat (Tiggy) and my Scotland 1978 World Cup Panini sticker collection.

* I don't have a boat, but will buy a massive one and give it to you.

No boat, not a fan of being on the water.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Speak for yourself. I like him for his Broadway acting.

He was great on Broadway that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jertucky said:

It’s almost a Bruce message sponsored by Jeep....... almost. But it absolutely is a Jeep commercial. And the message is not believable coming from him. He has no desire for this country to be in the middle. He’s made that clear.

For the record, I don’t care that he sells (or allows) his stuff or himself to be used for commercial uses. I do get a kick out of people rationalizing it as not what it is though. He’s just a guy, like every other guy.

Jeep do make beautiful commercials