Greasy Lake Community

The Middle... Bruce in a Superbowl commercial

3 minutes ago, rockaway88 said:

If they come out with a limited Springsteen Edition Jeep with his voiced used for the navigation system, I would consider buying it.

Take a right at the light, keep going straight until night.....

• Haha 2
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is supposed to be my fucking electric Nebraska 

This is very sad and very disappointing. I hope he at least donates the money (assuming he got paid to do that) to some charity cause. Yes it's fine cinematography and I'm sure he means all the things

I came to this topic expecting some debate on Bruce doing a commercial. I wasn't expecting a debate on the resale value of Jeeps. Gotta love Greasy Lake.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, judyg said:

Take a right at the light, keep going straight until night.....

Right on main street where the dogs howl...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Jeep must spent all their money on the private jet and so they have one of the cheap spots when everyone on i95 has gone to bed

we have already ads for local news anchors and zaxbys chicken:(, it’s all downhill to the local plumbers ads...

Near 80 and further eastern 94 were alive and awake...

• Like 1

I thought the message of the commercial was pretty tone-deaf. If there’s anything we should learn from the last few years, it’s that there is no middle ground. Why should I want to unify with horrible people who are racist/capitalist/anti-semitic/homophobic/transphobic/etc.?

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, rockaway88 said:

If they come out with a limited Springsteen Edition Jeep with his voiced used for the navigation system, I would consider buying it.

That’s silly. Bruce would never sell out like that. 
Wait a minute......!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

I thought the message of the commercial was pretty tone-deaf. If there’s anything we should learn from the last few years, it’s that there is no middle ground. Why should I want to unify with horrible people who are racist/capitalist/anti-semitic/homophobic/transphobic/etc.?

There can be a middle ground though if the middle and near middle from both sides rejected the extremes from both the left and the right.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, larf said:

There can be a middle ground though if the middle and near middle from both sides rejected the extremes from both the left and the right.

But that’s just centrism and that’s neither productive or what’s needed right now. And equating the extremes of the left and right is extremely irresponsible and dangerous. I have friends who are far left and believe me, they can be annoying sometimes but they are not violent, they only want justice for the poor and disenfranchised people who are too often forgotten even by some of the most liberal politicians.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rockaway88 said:

That would be soooooo cool !

14 minutes ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

But that’s just centrism and that’s neither productive or what’s needed right now. And equating the extremes of the left and right is extremely irresponsible and dangerous. I have friends who are far left and believe me, they can be annoying sometimes but they are not violent, they only want justice for the poor and disenfranchised people who are too often forgotten even by some of the most liberal politicians.

I must have missed that non-violent part when seeing the news in Portland this summer.

I won’t argue with you but your country is hooped if you don’t figure out a way to get along with each other. I think there are plenty of areas where common ground can be found if people will try hard enough and actually listen to each other instead of dismissing each other outright. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Interesting read

Is there anything Olivier did righhttps://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/super-bowl/9522673/bruce-springsteen-jeep-super-bowl-commercial-manager-jon-landau-interview/t that other brands that may want to pitch you could learn from?

Olivier is one-of-a-kind, tremendously creative and energetic, and very savvy. But here is the most important thing: Once he brought us a great initial idea, this became a Bruce film. He went 100% with our team: director Thom Zimny, cinematographer Joe di Salvo, music producer Ron Aniello, and Bruce did the rewrites himself. The process was identical to the way we work on a record or a movie. Ultimately, Bruce controlled every second of what you see and hear, and that's why it feels so personal. Because it is.

Also interesting to note they used some preexisting footage

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm more then willing to jump to the Middle. Bruce,Pelosi, Schumer and Biden first!

I’m in the middle. I’m looking around and don’t see Bruce anywhere.

14 hours ago, Jertucky said:

It’s almost a Bruce message sponsored by Jeep....... almost. But it absolutely is a Jeep commercial. And the message is not believable coming from him. He has no desire for this country to be in the middle. He’s made that clear.

For the record, I don’t care that he sells (or allows) his stuff or himself to be used for commercial uses. I do get a kick out of people rationalizing it as not what it is though. He’s just a guy, like every other guy.

Bruce is exactly in the middle.    The rest of the world can see that.  America has lost it's compass.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

PGE, just to point out capitalism is something heavily aligned in the middle on both sides, a change now would be hard on everyone, not to say there are aspects of healthcare that need to be incorporated.

It would be very hard to convince Americans who have paid the price of attending college in the last 20 years in an ever increasing battle against inflatijg prices v. Stagnating wages.

FAFSA does not do shit for many, it only considers income, not mortgages, loans, expenses, and since the Proposed plan only helps people under a set amount, I and many friends, acquaintances will still be screwed and only make it worse.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, larf said:

I must have missed that non-violent part when seeing the news in Portland this summer.

You mean when BLM protestors were attacked by cops with riot gear, tear gas, and rubber bullets?

• Like 2

Fuck Air NZ

Bad news has come down today of a controversial mature involving maintenance of some Saudi Navy engines 

Where the fuck aee the super bowl adds !!!

Oh crap !

Now its covid news (its not even bad news )

Jeep !Jeep! Jeep! Jeep! Jeep! Jeep !

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

This is supposed to be my fucking electric Nebraska 

tantrum-triggers-for-preschoolers-1280x960.jpg

I can feel you pain. If Springsteen & Landau would have given us that Nebraska thing then his whole fanbase would been never been happier than ever ...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

Annoying? Only the Bernie's and AOC's are not violent. Anyon who is further left, means all bets are off. Same goes with the right, Mitt's a good dude, any further right and we devolve into violence.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, el sergio said:

I can feel you pain. If Springsteen & Landau would have given us that Nebraska thing then his whole fanbase would been never been happier than ever ...

I know :lol:

:D:D:D

This news sux big time

Im stuck with the crappy state broadcaster because the remote is on the blink 

Who the fuck is the weekend ??.?

And all those people outside the stadium not wearing masks :(

Next up Tom Brady 

Still no report on the adds :angry:

6 hours ago, redwire said:

An "important message" by a musician means music, lyrics, performances, interviews, even PSAs and tweets, not getting truckloads of money to advertise a fuckin car made by a big fuckin corporation.

It's an extension of his 'art' from his Western Stars and Letter To You docs.  Rather than supercilious-looking Bruce driving a chevrolet around the desert; supercilious-looking Bruce is driving a jeep around Kansas (or wherever) with similar pseudo intellectual voiceover.

I can't see the issue; more fool Jeep for paying for such content. 

• Haha 1