Greasy Lake Community

Accessing Apple TV For Letter To You Film

Hi All

Just a quick question, I've been trying to sign up for Apple TV's free trial in order to watch Letter To You - been having some trouble though as it isn't letting me proceed without a credit card (I've only got a debit card)

Is there a way around this that anyone knows of?

Cheers

There are several threads out there on the web thingy that might help, people report that this only happens when you are trying to view Apple TV + (note Apple TV is something different) via web browser

it is supposed to work fine using the Apple TV+ app on a iPhone, iPad or a Mac (but not a Big Mac obviously)

is this your scenario?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AMIW said:

There are several threads out there on the web thingy that might help, people report that this only happens when you are trying to view Apple TV + (note Apple TV is something different) via web browser

it is supposed to work fine using the Apple TV+ app on a iPhone, iPad or a Mac (but not a Big Mac obviously)

is this your scenario?

Ah OK I see! (I did mean Apple TV+, should have clarified that)

I'm on windows so that might be part of the issue - I'll see if I get anywhere on my phone (though it's not an iPhone so who knows)

Thanks for the response and info - I'll have a wee mooch about the rest of the web and see what I'd find - just thought I'd check here first since the Bruce film is something we have in common in wanting to see

The various webby threads suggest it only works if the debit card matches the payment method in your Apple ID so do a search and see if they help

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

The various webby threads suggest it only works if the debit card matches the payment method in your Apple ID so do a search and see if they help

Yup just manged to get somewhere with it!

Thanks for your help - I realise it seems a bit daft bringing this up here so I appreciate the response

1 hour ago, mad man with a box said:

Hi All

Just a quick question, I've been trying to sign up for Apple TV's free trial in order to watch Letter To You - been having some trouble though as it isn't letting me proceed without a credit card (I've only got a debit card)

Is there a way around this that anyone knows of?

Cheers

Mine is a visa debit (no excess credit) and i had no problems

Just remember to cancel a couple of days before the month is up.

It rolls around really quick

Good luck - you'll finger it out

Enjoy !

• Haha 1