Greasy Lake Community

A thread about the advert, not its content...

... the content is being debated on the other thread. That's fine and I'll join in.
But, as a longtime Lakers, can we talk about him actually doing the ad... regardless of content.
Because, despite what's been leaked and reported, it IS an advert no matter how it's dressed up.
Who ever thought we'd see Bruce do one?
Fender, perhaps. The Jersey tourist board, one day, maybe. But for a car conglomerate? I'm reallly shocked.
Perhaps, in a Bruce Inc. way of thinking, the money will replace some of 2021's touring losses and the 'high on the hog' living and working.
But, an ad for a car... Jaysus. I honestly never thought it would happen.
May you live in interesting times. 

• Like 5

I say this from personal reflection and with love in my heart

As we get older our principles change, our priority changes

Lines get blurred

Black and white becomes grey

We compromise 

Maybe we also just want to have fun

It was a shock to me, but i am not the same person i was in 1985 either

That does not make me a bad person, it doesn't make Bruce a bad person

We all evolve

• Like 3

Landau seems to be saying this was all sort of spontaneous and just felt right. 

"You never can tell.."

Maybe this isn't the place to write this -- if it's not I apologize and will post on other thread ...

I think it was brilliance on the part of BruceInc management company, a marvellous way for Springsteen to share his words and thoughts and Jeep gave him the platform. A win win for both ...

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

If Bruce wanted to share his words and thoughts he could have easily released a video to his millions of followers on Facebook,Instagram,YouTube etc.

Yes -- and I think he was the perfect person for the moment to address the huge number of people watching the Super Bowl, not just his fans but my country.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Yes -- and I think he was the perfect person for the moment to address the huge number of people watching the Super Bowl, not just his fans but my country.

Very good for Jeep as well, many will remember it bc that was first commercial 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

One more thought: The Jeep used in the commercial was a very old model so Springsteen wasn't promoting a specific vehicle ... it was very much in the sphere of both Western Stars and Letter To You ...

Apparently one was his, and another was a newish one

• Thanks 1

My head is really going round and round about all this spinning. It was a commercial ad, just watch the last 20 seconds, all you see is Jeep Jeep Jeep. And the url Jeep.com.TheRoadAhead will lead you to a commercial Jeep video with all the latest Jeep offerings

2102096083_Jeeptheroadahead.thumb.PNG.f32f70727177f5c52e038f2b0906e946.PNG

and the description of "The Middle" video on the Jeep YouTube channel will uncover the latest stone:

Jeep® kicks off Game Day by reminding us we are stronger than the obstacles in our way, and invites us to remember all the ways we are connected as Americans. A timeless CJ-5 takes us on a journey to the U.S. Center Chapel in Kansas in search of common ground. We have spanned deserts and climbed the highest peaks. We can cross this divide. #JeepTheMiddle For 80 years, the Jeep® name has been indelibly associated with freedom, authenticity, adventure and passion. These are vehicles for “dreamers and doers” - forging extraordinary, uncommon bonds between themselves and their owners, because adventure is found in every Jeep® vehicle’s DNA. The Jeep® badge stands for more than a brand. In truth, it’s a badge of honor.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
13 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

Apparently one was his, and another was a newish one

There was a willys jeep behind the train in the snow

That's the original WW2 era jeep

Then Bruce drove his own CJ5 - that model was last manufactered in 1983 

• Thanks 1

All this is making me miss our Rangler like the great lost love she is

Every single time i looked at that car my heart raced or skipped a beat

Every time and i mean every single time we went for a ride she just made us so happy 

I wish i knew how to access the photos

She was a soft top

Citron green 

2 hours ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Exactly @el sergio,and it costs what,at least $5 million dollars to have your company featured in a SuperBowl ad?

5.5 million for a minute long ad

• Like 1
On 2/9/2021 at 11:06 AM, ProveItAllNight747 said:

If Bruce wanted to share his words and thoughts he could have easily released a video to his millions of followers on Facebook,Instagram,YouTube etc.

My thoughts exactly! To be honest, I'm shocked, pissed and disappointed. I can't believe he's actually agreed to polish a car manufacturer's brand. I mean seriously. 

• Like 1