Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

2 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

I don’t think the NY post is his friend.

it’s been said before If you gonna put yourself on that pedestal and particularly how vocal he has been over last 3 months , you had better be clean ! Cos someone is going to try and knock you off.

Turns out he did it to himself. 

14 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

Some people I've spoke to are guessing he had some drinks, was in the park and as he made his way to leave made a mistake in the car, a dodgy turn or something and a police officer noticed. I guessed that he was not "pissed" as some said so glad to see he was 0.02

That's what i figur 

I mean how many of us have sat in a car in  a park or the beach and had a couple ? 

Im not saying its right but it slap doesn't mean something os an alcoholic either 

ive done a few things that would have got me fired involving alcohol consumption

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

b7af87c5e5f22253ce09019396c6504a.jpg

I love you daisy, but Bruce is not our friend. We’re not his. We’re his fans. He has made a hell of a lot of money from us. I’ve gotten a hell of a lot of joy (Western Stars aside) from him. It’s very much a business relationship.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

So its a misdimenar possesing or consuming booze in a prohibited place

Im starting to imangine conspiracy theories why this has suddenly made the news without all the facts 

17 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

So why was he arrested ? Surely you don’t get arrested in America walking out of a shop if you’ve got your receipt! 

2 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I love you daisy, but Bruce is not our friend. We’re not his. We’re his fans. He has made a hell of a lot of money from us. I’ve gotten a hell of a lot of joy (Western Stars aside) from him. It’s very much a business relationship.

For some maybe

He's been great value for money for me over the years

My original winterland cost me nothing so the debts in his favour

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

So why was he arrested ? Surely you don’t get arrested in America walking out of a shop if you’ve got your receipt! 

Gary is watching a lot of reality type tv cop shows today ....

A lot of good cops but also some real pricks out there 

Springsteen is a human being just like the rest of us. So how come some of us seem to be holding him to a higher standard? Because he's a well-known celebrity? Why have some of us put this guy up on a pedestal much higher than our own pedestals? Yes, he has a gift. He is a gifted artist and his gift has taken him to heights most of us can only dream about. But at the end of the day, the man is HUMAN. Just like the rest of us. He fucked up, & he fucked up bad. How many of us have been there? He shits, showers and shaves just like the rest of us. He is fallible & makes mistakes...just like the average Joe & Jane human. The culture of the cult of personality is one of the main reasons why the human race has suffered wars, racism and  every other social upheaval one can think of, and as long as we keep it that way, there's no end in sight. TRUST THE ART...NOT THE ARTIST.

Now goddamnit...praise the lord & pass the sauce

145128970_2888746401398352_1786536857841

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

9 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

For some maybe

He's been great value for money for me over the years

My original winterland cost me nothing so the debts in his favour

That’s not much different from what I said. I’ve certainly gotten my money’s worth from him as well. But he’s never come over to hang out on the deck or anything. Nor has he invited me over to the barn. I’ve never really held him to any higher standard than any other human being outside of his songwriting ability. We have a business relationship. I’m happy with the deal we’ve had over all these years.

• Like 4

What's going to suck is when this goes to court and he doesn't get convicted for DIY its not going to be headline news like it is now

Someone's got it in for him 

Maybe it will be 1% eaiser to get a concert  ticket for someone

(Some) Rock stars do worse than this in their sleep 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Springsteen is a human being just like the rest of us. So how come some of us seem to be holding him to a higher standard? Because he's a well-known celebrity? Why have some of us put this guy up on a pedestal much higher than our own pedestals? Yes, he has a gift. He is a gifted artist and his gift has taken him to heights most of us can only dream about. But at the end of the day, the man is HUMAN. Just like the rest of us. He fucked up, & he fucked up bad. How many of us have been there? He shits, showers and shaves just like the rest of us. He is fallible & makes mistakes...just like the average Joe & Jane human. The culture of the cult of personality is one of the main reasons why the human race has suffered wars, racism and  every other social upheaval one can think of, and as long as we keep it that way, there's no end in sight. TRUST THE ART...NOT THE ARTIST.

Now goddamnit...praise the lord & pass the sauce

145128970_2888746401398352_1786536857841

Bruce has become somewhat sanctimonious lately though. Let’s be honest, he loves being placed on that pedestal. It comes with benefits and drawbacks though.

2 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

That’s not much different from what I said. I’ve certainly gotten my money’s worth from him as well. But he’s never come over to hang out on the deck or anything. Nor has he invited me over to the barn. I’ve never really held him to any higher standard than any other human being outside of his songwriting ability. We have a business relationship. I’m happy with the deal we’ve had over all these years.

I might have him on a pedestal he'd rather not be on but one of the things i love about him is his imperfections 

Its hardly like when the Beatles were misquoted as saying they were greater than God 

Nobody is burning records 

But i still feel sorry for him

I remember my last year at high school

We had these big exams in those days held at Otago university

Instead of going, i just walked straight past 

All summer i worried about it and didn't tell my parents

When the results came in the mail they wondered why i never opened them

It says absent on my (long thrown out) bersey certificate 

Needless to say i wasn't going to varsity anyway

But this thing must have been hanging over Bruce all Christmas 

5 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Bruce has become somewhat sanctimonious lately though. Let’s be honest, he loves being placed on that pedestal. It comes with benefits and drawbacks though.

Sometimes that also comes with being successful and growing older

I certainky don't begrudge him for enjoying some of the accolades

....oh Shit

Gary is going on about Bruce walker again ....

1 minute ago, Early North Jersey said:

An officer who was not a fan of American Skin possibly ? :(

Possibly

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I certainly have a few people on my list if i ever get the opportunity in this life

Why is this major news? Mainstream newsworthy? If true it's not his best moment and he shouldn't have done it it's wrong but it's annoying that conservative shitbags are enjoying this so much. I've probably driven legally drunk/buzzed but not impaired. I didn't get pulled over. I won't do it again. I reckon 8 out of 10 people who are driving intoxicated at least once in their lives don't get pulled over. I'd like to know his blood alcohol level because it's 0.9 or something get real.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, homesquid said:

Why is this major news? Mainstream newsworthy? If true it's not his best moment and he shouldn't have done it it's wrong but it's annoying that conservative shitbags are enjoying this so much. I've probably driven legally drunk/buzzed but not impaired. I didn't get pulled over. I won't do it again. I reckon 8 out of 10 people who are driving intoxicated at least once in their lives don't get pulled over. I'd like to know his blood alcohol level because it's 0.9 or something get real.

Excellent points Mr Squidly

Nice to see you

Actually the inner conspiracy theorist in me thinks what else is happening today someone is trying to hide ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, homesquid said:

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)