Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

3 minutes ago, Frank said:

A rockstar from the Seventies starting behaving like a rockstar from the Seventies in his seventies. It was high time! ;)

I did think if this had been Mick or Keith no one blink an eye 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Eileen said:

Innocent until proven guilty.

“If I was a judge, I’d find you guilty”. ;)

Last November, right?

He must have had something to celebrate at Sleepy Joe's Café ... ;)

6 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

What is the legal limit there?     Here in Aus it's .05.    If he was really .02, how is it even an issue?

He may have blown higher on a second test. It takes a while to register once you've started drinking.

This is from BTX.  Hope I've copied it correctly!

From the NY Post:

“ Bruce Springsteen was allegedly busted in Sandy Hook, New Jersey when he pulled over to take pictures with fans — and then took a shot of tequila offered by one of them in full view of the cops, a music industry insider said.

The “Born to Run” icon, 71, had been riding his motorcycle on the peninsula on Nov. 14 when he “was spotted by fans who asked him to pull over and take some pictures,” according to a source close to Springsteen.

“Bruce stopped, took the pictures, then a fan offered him a shot of liquor, which he took, while sitting on his bike, which was stationary,” the source said.

Park Police saw what happened and they immediately pulled Springsteen over as he drove away.”

The Post has not been able to immediately verify this account with law enforcement.

Springsteen was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, a spokesperson for the National Park Service said.

The Asbury Park Press reported Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested.

The legal threshold in New Jersey is .08, which the outlet said calls into question why Springsteen was charged with driving while intoxicated.”

Link: https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/bruce-spr ... SocialFlow

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

From the NY Post:

“ Bruce Springsteen was allegedly busted in Sandy Hook, New Jersey when he pulled over to take pictures with fans — and then took a shot of tequila offered by one of them in full view of the cops, a music industry insider said.

The “Born to Run” icon, 71, had been riding his motorcycle on the peninsula on Nov. 14 when he “was spotted by fans who asked him to pull over and take some pictures,” according to a source close to Springsteen.

“Bruce stopped, took the pictures, then a fan offered him a shot of liquor, which he took, while sitting on his bike, which was stationary,” the source said.

Park Police saw what happened and they immediately pulled Springsteen over as he drove away.”

The Post has not been able to immediately verify this account with law enforcement.

Springsteen was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, a spokesperson for the National Park Service said.

The Asbury Park Press reported Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested.

The legal threshold in New Jersey is .08, which the outlet said calls into question why Springsteen was charged with driving while intoxicated.”

For fucks sake .....

:(

• Like 1

Just now, borntorunsean said:

That's a nothing story if true. 

Bet those fans feel crappy now

Did they get done for having the tequila in a liquor ban area ?

34 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

From the NY Post:

Interesting.  But he has a  court appearance pending so he must be guilty of something.  They wouldn't book a celebrity with all his legal firepower without good reason.  Would they?

• Like 2

Just now, Promise61 said:

Interesting.  But he has a  court appearance pending so he must be guilty of something.  They wouldn't book a celebrity with all his legal firepower without good reason.  Would they?

Oh, I've no idea :) I was basically practising my copy and paste skills :lol:

I have to get used to the idea that he MAY have been on a bike and not in one of his hundred cars! I've had a picture in me head ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Could lool worse if theu dropped the charges and someone found out and made a big hu ha out of it

At least this way - as awful as it is

The truth will come out and Jeep can put their add back up

3 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Oh, I've no idea :) I was basically practising my copy and paste skills :lol:

I have to get used to the idea that he MAY have been on a bike and not in one of his hundred cars! I've had a picture in me head ...

You did good 

46 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

From the NY Post:

Well that story seems dodgy to me . Considering how vociferous he has been ( and rightly so ) on covid that behaviour would be hypocritical in the least irresponsible at most

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

19 minutes ago, biloxiparish said:

If it's one portion and nothing else, then there's no story. At least in Finland it's ok to drive after one portion or even after two especially if some time has passed. Of course rather to have none but still. I hope portion is the correct word..

He should have done Kalsarikännit instead!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of jumping to conclusions on this thread! Especially with regard to him using excessive alcohol consumption to treat his depression! 

He's said before on his radio show that he enjoys a drink in the evening - a small daily pleasure to get through these tough times. That doesn't mean he gets absolutely blasted every day because he's depressed! It is possible to have a drink just because you enjoy having one - this is from someone who rarely drinks. 

If he was really only at a quarter of the legal limit, then really it's a non-story. I'm not defending drink driving but I'm sure many of us here have all driven after having a drink (I'm talking about 1 or 2 drinks, not several). That doesn't make it right. But we're all human, even Bruce. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

34 minutes ago, Mazdaq said:

He's said before on his radio show that he enjoys a drink in the evening - a small daily pleasure to get through these tough times.

35 minutes ago, Mazdaq said:

It is possible to have a drink just because you enjoy having one

Well see those two scenarios are different.  The top one is using alcohol to self-medicate, the bottom one is for recreation.  I’m not diagnosing Bruce as an alcoholic, but if he’s admitting using alcohol to get through the day, it raises the suspicion of “dependence”.

9 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Well see those two scenarios are different.  The top one is using alcohol to self-medicate, the bottom one is for recreation.  I’m not diagnosing Bruce as an alcoholic, but if he’s admitting using alcohol to get through the day, it raises the suspicion of “dependence”.

OK, I shouldn't have used the words "through these tough times". 

All I'm saying is, having a daily drink doesn't mean he's dependent on alcohol or is using it to treat depression. 

It's possible to have a drink because you enjoy it, and for no other reason than that. 

• Like 4

Bruce is a sensible guy in terms of obeying the law, he has never had any form to say otherwise. The stories around taking a shot with the fans seems plausible, maybe just a little misguided if he did take a shot from a fan but it looks like the only law he broke was drinking in an open space (which is really weird as being British this kind of law doesn’t apply to us yet in America you can carry a gun!).

I actually wonder if the drinking of a shot in The Middle video was a nod to the incident from Bruce and could have been the catalyst for him doing the ‘advert’. Observing the American police system from across the pond, via various news outlets and Netflix, can sometimes show the over zealous nature of the force. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Floom2 said:

The 'other evidence' would be results of a failed field sobriety test or perhaps some observation of impairment by the officer.  I still think the DUI gets tossed, as does the reckless driving, and there will be a fine for the container.  

This is truly a minor offense.  

Well should this turn out to be "just" a minor offense, I suppose that would be a major blow for quite a few people - both here on the Lake and elsewhere.

Still, to them he'll probably always be a "fucking moron" (to quote from this very thread).

• Like 1

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)