Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

5 minutes ago, the imposter said:

I suppose that would be a major blow for quite a few people - both here on the Lake and elsewhere.

Quite.

Are you the same 'imposter' over on the new Board - giving his opinion on Bruce? 

• Like 1

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: Springsteen arrested after having 1 shot with fans (see page 14)

I'd like to point out that my initial post here was titled "Is this for real?".   Management, in their wisdom, chose to change it (probably to avoid duplicate threads, to be fair).  But going by the latest version of events, my initial scepticism may have been well-founded.  Obviously *something* happened, and some possible poor choices by Bruce, but it seems the story may have been a beat-up.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

This is from BTX.  Hope I've copied it correctly!

From the NY Post:

“ Bruce Springsteen was allegedly busted in Sandy Hook, New Jersey when he pulled over to take pictures with fans — and then took a shot of tequila offered by one of them in full view of the cops, a music industry insider said.

Was it a single shot, or 41? ;) 

Let’s hope it’s just that, but who is the mysterious music industry insider? Dave Marsh? ;)

We all remember (too well) that guy claiming he could shoot somebody on 5th Street and get away with it.
Now, Bruce Springsteen being arrested in effing New Jersey (!) for a single shot with a fan, really? It’s as likely as the Pope being busted for jaywalking in St. Peter Square. ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, biloxiparish said:

If it's one portion and nothing else, then there's no story. At least in Finland it's ok to drive after one portion or even after two especially if some time has passed. Of course rather to have none but still. I hope portion is the correct word..

Hello there, fellow Finn! 

• Bruuuuce! 1

6 minutes ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

I'd like to point out that my initial post here was titled "Is this for real?".   Management, in their wisdom, chose to change it (probably to avoid duplicate threads, to be fair).  But going by the latest version of events, my initial scepticism may have been well-founded.  Obviously *something* happened, and some possible poor choices by Bruce, but it seems the story may have been a beat-up.

Yes, the title was changed to avoid multiple threads on the same subject of such great interest, and considering the new report, it has been updated. And yes, thank you for your skepticism. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

What's everybody getting their shorts in a knot for.

That's a new one on me. 
Nothing beats our "knickers in a twist" though.

• Haha 3

So after more than 45 years we’ve finally discovered why the maximum law-men were after Magic Rat and the Barefoot Girl. It was all because of that warm beer on the hood of that dodge... who would have guessed it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The shot of drinking in the advert would make a lot more sense. There has to be a connection given the ironic timing over the last week. 

It don't matter no how....The ad has been removed from all platforms (ok, 'cep for Utube). The corporation must save face ya know...

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)