Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

8 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

This is from BTX.  Hope I've copied it correctly!

From the NY Post:

“ Bruce Springsteen was allegedly busted in Sandy Hook, New Jersey when he pulled over to take pictures with fans — and then took a shot of tequila offered by one of them in full view of the cops, a music industry insider said.

The “Born to Run” icon, 71, had been riding his motorcycle on the peninsula on Nov. 14 when he “was spotted by fans who asked him to pull over and take some pictures,” according to a source close to Springsteen.

“Bruce stopped, took the pictures, then a fan offered him a shot of liquor, which he took, while sitting on his bike, which was stationary,” the source said.

Park Police saw what happened and they immediately pulled Springsteen over as he drove away.”

The Post has not been able to immediately verify this account with law enforcement.

Springsteen was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, a spokesperson for the National Park Service said.

The Asbury Park Press reported Springsteen’s blood-alcohol content was 0.02 — just a quarter of New Jersey’s legal limit — when he was arrested.

The legal threshold in New Jersey is .08, which the outlet said calls into question why Springsteen was charged with driving while intoxicated.”

Link: https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/bruce-spr ... SocialFlow

Had a feeling it was going to be something like this when I read his alcohol level was .02.  Bruce is not liked by a lot of cops too.  Bet it'll be thrown out of court, he wasn't DWI.

• Like 2

How can you arrest someone for doing something they didn't do. 

I wouldn't thing the officer could arrest Bruce for DWI unless he blows over .08. If he still arrest Bruce or anyone for DWI and he/she doesn't blow over .08 is harassment. And if this is the case Bruce and or Inc, should file a law suit today! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I wouldn't thing the officer could arrest Bruce for DWI unless he blows over .08. If he still arrest Bruce or anyone for DWI and he/she doesn't blow over .08 is harassment. And if this is the case Bruce and or Inc, should file a law suit today! 

He was also charged with reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, so those may still have some validity.

4 minutes ago, gsquare said:

He was also charged with reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, so those may still have some validity.

Yeah, but we aren't all up in arms over those charges are we? Just the DWI! 

5 minutes ago, Flagofpiracy said:

Interesting the email there is greasylakeforus@gmail.com.  I remember a goofy shoot off Bruce site created by members from here years back.

They had a name-change.

I'm trying to think of the other one - I was on it for a while ... it'll drive me mad(der) til I get it. That was where the banned were too - nothing's new. Just re-used.

Started with an L ... or did it?

Losers and Whiners!

One thing that does seem very odd, if not deceitful, is that Jeep didn't seem to know about these driving offences prior to airing the advert (which I haven't seen). If they DID, then it's pretty hypocritical of them to have pulled it.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I know, you can't be  DWI if you're under the legal limit.  What's with the reckless driving added on?  Did he hit a icy patch on his bike LOL.  
I want to know why was he out on his bike in winter by the cold shore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eileen said:

They had a name-change.

I'm trying to think of the other one - I was on it for a while ... it'll drive me mad(der) til I get it. That was where the banned were too - nothing's new. Just re-used.

Started with an L ... or did it?

Losers and Whiners!

I think that was it, the memory does start to go :wacko:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maccawings said:

It is not as the DUI occurred in a National Park making it a Federal law and not NJ State Law

I just saw this, and am wondering if you know if it is accurate?  It lists 3 possible scenarios for being DUI.  That first one seems pretty vague, in that it seems to leave that to being a judgment call of the arresting officer. 

The National Park Service defines the commission of a DUI offense as a driver:

Who is rendered incapable of safely operating a vehicle

With a BAC of .08 percent or greater, or

With a BAC that is greater than the limit established by state law, if the state’s DUI limit is more stringent.

9 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

One thing that does seem very odd, if not deceitful, is that Jeep didn't seem to know about these driving offences prior to airing the advert (which I haven't seen). If they DID, then it's pretty hypocritical of them to have pulled it.

You haven't seen the ad? I've watched it at least ... twice.  Lightweight that I am.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Flagofpiracy said:

I know, you can't be  DWI if you're under the legal limit.  What's with the reckless driving added on?  Did he hit a icy patch on his bike LOL.  
I want to know why was he out on his bike in winter by the cold shore.

'Cause down the shore everything's alright?

You and your Cuervo on a Saturday night.

• Haha 1

Bruce:   "So what happened was, me and Terry was getting wasted in the heat."

Officer: "I'll let you off with a warning if you tell me if Terry is a guy or a girl."

Bruce:   "Just write the damn ticket."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)