Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes." Swa

If Bruce Springsteen is guilty of drink and driving he deserves to be be punished the same as any person would be. Finally... after 50 years as a rock and roll star, the press have something on h

Apologies if already posted, and of course in general, but... Our Tipsy Biker's comin' home.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

I just saw this, and am wondering if you know if it is accurate?  It lists 3 possible scenarios for being DUI.  That first one seems pretty vague, in that it seems to leave that to being a judgment call of the arresting officer. 

The National Park Service defines the commission of a DUI offense as a driver:

Who is rendered incapable of safely operating a vehicle

With a BAC of .08 percent or greater, or

With a BAC that is greater than the limit established by state law, if the state’s DUI limit is more stringent.

Well, certain medicines have warnings on the labels not to mix with alcohol. But when folks ignore those warnings, they can technically be impaired without actually being over the legal limit.

Not really strictly a judgement call, as sobriety tests (balance tests) are always given to help the officer judge a person’s capacity to operate a motor vehicle. Within those balance tests are simple mental acuity tests as well

The 2nd part is strictly .08% or higher

And the 3rd option would be if arrested in a State where the legal limit is below .08%. In that State they would charge at that State’s lower rate

• Thanks 1

Mind you, did I ever tell you about the time I got a bit of Bruce's sweat on my top lip? Can't remember which concert but I DO remember keeping it there for a while before licking it off.  Hey, I had some of Bruce's DNA inside me! Wonder if I still have?

My mind seems to have wandered - @Daisey Jeep's fault!

• Bruuuuce! 2
  • Haha 4
21 minutes ago, maccawings said:

Well, certain medicines have warnings on the labels not to mix with alcohol. But when folks ignore those warnings, they can technically be impaired without actually being over the legal limit.

Not really strictly a judgement call, as sobriety tests (balance tests) are always given to help the officer judge a person’s capacity to operate a motor vehicle. Within those balance tests are simple mental acuity tests as well

The 2nd part is strictly .08% or higher

And the 3rd option would be if arrested in a State where the legal limit is below .08%. In that State they would charge at that State’s lower rate

You are also not required to take a breathalyzer, are you? I’m thinking the .02 will have more to do with when it was taken than with his actual level at  the time he was stopped.

30 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Mind you, did I ever tell you about the time I got a bit of Bruce's sweat on my top lip? Can't remember which concert but I DO remember keeping it there for a while before licking it off.  Hey, I had some of Bruce's DNA inside me! Wonder if I still have?

My mind seems to have wandered - @Daisey Jeep's fault!

You didn't drive after this event, did you? 

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

You are also not required to take a breathalyzer, are you? I’m thinking the .02 will have more to do with when it was taken than with his actual level at  the time he was stopped.

In PA if you refuse to take a breathalyzer test it counts as an automatic failure.  I would guess that PA isn't the only state like that.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Most states and I think the feds consider that you give implied consent when you are given a license.  If you refuse a blood, breath or urine test your license is automatically suspended.  Breath tests are given in real time at the scene.  If you ask for a urine or blood test they have to transport you  a detention or medical facility.  Who ever thought everything I know about this subject would come in handy on The Lake.

• Like 1
Just now, burghfan said:

In PA if you refuse to take a breathalyzer test it counts as an automatic failure.  I would guess that PA isn't the only state like that.

And in Missouri an automatic lose of your license 

26 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Yes, you are required by law to submit to breath samples. Refusal to do so is an automatic 6 month suspension of license.

Generally it is 40 minutes or more between the traffic stop and the taking of breath samples 

16 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Wouldn’t that fit with Bruce getting a DWI but the claim being that his BAC came out at .02? If he refused it he would be assumed to have failed, regardless of what a breathalyzer may have said later?

2 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Wouldn’t that fit with Bruce getting a DWI but the claim being that his BAC came out at .02? If he refused it he would be assumed to have failed, regardless of what a breathalyzer may have said later?

No, refusal to submit to breath samples is a stand alone and additional charge. Which means if the judge found you guilty for DWI, you would receive a 6 month loss of license and could receive an additional 6 month loss for the refusal conviction. According to the articles that I have seen, there is no mention of a refusal

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Yes, so that means we all jumped to conclusions that this was a throwaway case, there may be more information surrounding this than we know of.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, maccawings said:

No, refusal to submit to breath samples is a stand alone and additional charge. Which means if the judge found you guilty for DWI, you would receive a 6 month loss of license and could receive an additional 6 month loss for the refusal conviction. According to the articles that I have seen, there is no mention of a refusal

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-bruce-springsteen-dwi-arrest-details-20210211-ryqdwqlrc5ekbp4oopn6pqra3y-story.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9248977/Bruce-Springsteen-busted-DWI-one-shot-tequila-taking-pictures-fans.html

5 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

Yeah see, the story continues to morph. This is the first mention I’ve seen of a refusal.  If he did refuse, than the .02% is most likely false

if you look at this article, it says he was viewed taking the last swig of a tequila bottle, not just a shot

9 minutes ago, maccawings said:

Just searched around and found an article from the Asbury Park Press from earlier this afternoon. It says he did refuse a breathalyzer. It won’t link for some reason, but it’s out there. 

1 minute ago, Jertucky said:

Just searched around and found an article from the Asbury Park Press from earlier this afternoon. It says he did refuse a breathalyzer. It won’t link for some reason, but it’s out there. 

The article from zzcoolness has the refusal in it but then states that samples given later were measured at .02% but not how long after the arrest

12 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

I wouldn’t believe a word the Mail publishes, its a disgusting newspaper. They’ve just lost court cases to both Meghan and Harry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, maccawings said:

Yeah see, the story continues to morph. This is the first mention I’ve seen of a refusal.  If he did refuse, than the .02% is most likely false

if you look at this article, it says he was viewed taking the last swig of a tequila bottle, not just a shot

Not sure whether to laugh or cry, but this is turning into a train wreck as it progresses.

Lots of conflicting reports coming out, and I don't see Bruce refusing to take a breathalyzer test.  Also, if he was offered a drink by people taking pics with him, why were those people not arrested for consuming alcohol in a closed area.  Bruce is not popular with cops, cops love to go after big fish, brag they bagged a big one.  Until he goes to court, we won't know the facts.  
https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/11/bruce-springsteen-blood-alcohol-dwi-arrest-below-legal-limit-nj/

• Like 1
  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)