Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

2 minutes ago, procdoc said:

About time he done something wrong like a proper rockstar! 

"But I drove on straight to Vegas and I stopped in the first old stripper bar
Found me a little hooker that looked just like Ann-Margaret and we rumba'd in my sports car
Well me and my drinking buddies turned my lovin' home into a frikkin' zoo
I'm turning into Elvis and there's nothing I can do"

s-l300.jpg.2b39fb789b6718433a4951b905e8fab6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

"So I give him my name, he goes back to the car, he calls me back in about five minutes and he says "Are you, are you that rock 'n' roll singer?"... I said "Yeah, yeah, that's me"... He says "Yeah? I got some of your albums back home" I say "Yeah, you do?" he says "Yeah", he says "Son, you're in a lot of trouble"".

Cop must have had a copy of Western Stars.

• Haha 2

Too much tanqueray and wine?

All that money and couldn't call an uber?

Patti couldn't have picked him up in one of their numerous cars (or jeeps?).

OK, I'll stop.  Only messing.  But if he's found guilty, I'm not messing.

• Like 2

https://apnews.com/article/music-bruce-springsteen-new-jersey-b2e6707b730020c95ceedae27d2c81de

For anybody not keen on TMZ, it's now being reported by the AP with this additional detail.

"A spokesperson for the National Parks Service confirmed Wednesday that Springsteen was arrested Nov. 14 in a part of the Gateway National Recreation Area on the New Jersey coastline."

If it is true, I thought he had some brass balls on him when he released High Hopes or put that price on the Broadway tickets. This would take the pickle though.

Careering round pissed up then puts out an ad flogging cars. Whilst chinning what looked to be a shot of something!! Absolutely priceless that.

All those horses are going to come in handy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The news is now spreading like wildfire across the globe. On www.dailymail.co.uk  article some commentary at the end which is very true for politics, but aging rock stars?:

Radar4201, Selden ny, United States, 3 minutes ago

"Term limits for politicians & aging Rock Stars, they're giving old folks a bad name!"

5 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

If it is true, I thought he had some brass balls on him when he released High Hopes or put that price on the Broadway tickets. This would take the pickle though.

Careering round pissed up then puts out an ad flogging cars. Whilst chinning what looked to be a shot of something!! Absolutely priceless that.

All those horses are going to come in handy. 

He almost certainly wasn't "careering round pissed up", it was apparently in a state park with low speed limits. 

And if all you took from the jeep ad was him flogging a car then you totally missed the point 

• Love Love Love! 1

9 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

He almost certainly wasn't "careering round pissed up", it was apparently in a state park with low speed limits. 

And if all you took from the jeep ad was him flogging a car then you totally missed the point 

If guilty, he was drunk in charge of a vehicle. It’s not defendable. 

If all you took from the ad was his ‘’message’ then you missed a pretty big one too. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

If guilty, he was drunk in charge of a vehicle. It’s not defendable. 

If all you from the ad was his ‘’message’ then you missed a pretty big one too. 

I'm not defending the DWI, I'm just saying you're blowing it out of proportion. 

On the topic of the ad, of course part of it was jeep advertising but Bruce's message is bigger than that. As a Bruce fan surely you would've noticed that 

• Like 1

Well, it is certainly disappointing if true - there really isn't an excuse for DWI as people drinking too much and driving kill too many people every year.

But also, we have no facts - was it twice the legal limit, and he was in jail overnight?  Or maybe barely over the limit, the "had one too many" and a case of bad judgement when he decided to drive.

Not making excuses, because context matters - but this is not being reported as "drunk out of his mind" and "police detained him" type of situation.  The fact that he was "issued citations" seems to indicate he wasn't detained, finger printed or jailed - although that might be true and just not included here - but if they only issued citations, it likely means less of a legal problem than the worst possible case.

I also have to admit, none of us can be surprised, he is well known for being at local bars, drinking and we have all seen pics of him driving home.   If he spent a day at the beach and drank one too many beers and got caught, that's not an unimaginable scenario.  Still bad, but not really a shock, if true

All that being said, we all know Bruce is a flawed and in some ways broken human being, just like every one of us.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, burgessliam22 said:

I'm not defending the DWI, I'm just saying you're blowing it out of proportion. 

On the topic of the ad, of course part of it was jeep advertising but Bruce's message is bigger than that. As a Bruce fan surely you would've noticed that 

Disagree on the first point entirely.

And the second for that matter but, to be honest, it’s just opinions. 

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)