Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

1 minute ago, Flagofpiracy said:

Lots of conflicting reports coming out, and I don't see Bruce refusing to take a breathalyzer test.  Also, if he was offered a drink by people taking pics with him, why were those people not arrested for consuming alcohol in a closed area.  Bruce is not popular with cops, cops love to go after big fish, brag they bagged a big one.  Until he goes to court, we won't know the facts.  
https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/11/bruce-springsteen-blood-alcohol-dwi-arrest-below-legal-limit-nj/

It is very common for people to refuse breath tests. I’d say a good 30-35% of the time

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maccawings said:

If the .02 reading is correct, one shot will not get you there. Just saying. We’ll eventually hear the story

I haven't read the entire thread. I presume it's been said but just in case. While one shot is harmless, If he had 41 shots he's in trouble with the cops.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My big question is...why did this take 3 months to leak? Celebs are arrested all the time for being drunk. The media, sites like TMZ instantly report on it. So how in the hell did Bruce fly under the radar for 3 months? Bruce arrested in NJ in November but we find out about it in February? Come on! Now we have new reports saying he took 2 shots, had an empty bottle. This is said to be from the police report. No mention of fans any more. So Bruce on his motorcycle went to the park and got wasted? Just doesn't seem Bruce like. Of course I don't know Bruce but still something doesn't seem right.

It really sounds like a cop arrested him for no reason, tried to cover his ass and he clearly was in the wrong here and they tried to keep this under wraps. Now it has leaked with different accounts. Also...where is the mugshot? Again celeb mugshots get out pretty damn fast. I just never have heard of ANY celebrity arrested and it took 3 months for that arrest to be made public

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NorthSideJimmy said:

I haven't read the entire thread. I presume it's been said but just in case. While one shot is harmless, If he had 41 shots he's in trouble with the cops.

1-2 shots and Bruce will take that motorcycle ride....

• Haha 1

Not sure if it was posted but Rolling Stone in the past 45 minutes added some more and CNN said his court appearances at the end of this month...

According to Glenn Kassman, a criminal and municipal defense attorney in New Jersey who specializes in DUI/DWI cases, the case will be very hard to prove. “I would say that they’re never going to prove DWI based on that,” says Kassman, commenting on the police report. “There is a chasm — a grand canyon — between probable cause to arrest on suspicion of drunk driving or operating a vehicle in an intoxicated condition, and proof beyond reasonable doubt that he did so.”

Of the police report, Kassman also noted that “there’s nothing in there to suggest that there’s any other substance” apart from alcohol. The fact that Springsteen technically faces federal charges because he was arrested in a National Park will not impact the way Springsteen’s case plays out in court, according to Kassman. “As a practical matter, it’s treated the same,” he says. “They don’t come close to establishing that he operated his vehicle in an intoxicated condition,” says Kassman.

Springsteen is expected to have his first hearing “towards the end of February,” CNN confirmed via a spokesman for the US Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey.

“When this is all resolved, I think, people are gonna have some serious doubts about the seriousness of this, especially when the actual details of this are revealed, including the blood alcohol level,” a source close to Springsteen told CNN earlier today.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-arrest-1127186/

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, maccawings said:

The article from zzcoolness has the refusal in it but then states that samples given later were measured at .02% but not how long after the arrest

Right, and that makes sense. To me at least. 

I’m going to take an educated guess from the different reports. While not versed on procedure of Federal Park Rangers. 

Since he has not been charged with Refusal to my knowledge, it appears to me that he refused a PBT on scene. Those PBT readings are used towards probable cause to arrest and usually added info to the standard field sobriety tests. You are not mandated by law to take the PBT.

It would make sense that he was arrested on scene and then brought into the PD and was asked again to submit to breath samples which is mandatory by law.  If the .02% reading is true, it’s from these tests that the reading comes from

I think the confusion here, is any reading on the PBT is not your official BAC level in court and is mainly used towards officer’s probable cause to arrest. Not taking it left the officer one less tool in the tool box leaving him to make his decision on observations and balance tests.

Your official BAC is taken inside the PD, most likely taken on the Drager Alcotest . This is where Bruce probably complied with the officer and submitted samples of his breath and where the .02% BAC reading is being quoted from

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, rtb said:

CNN says it was 2 shots not 1.  Does the title need updating?

Yeah CNN says Bruce admitted that he took 2 shots. An officer confirmed he witnessed him take only 1 shot and then get on his motorcycle. Sources close to Bruce have of course also said he was offered the shot from the fans. So were the fans arrested too? Were there fans really there? I am hoping that wasn't made up by Bruce and his people. Because it does seem also odd that 3 months ago this happened, fans were taking photos with Bruce and Bruce was arrested. What Bruce fan wouldn't instantly take to the internet to talk about this when it happened? Did the fans leave before the arrest? Police said Bruce had the empty bottle.

"I don't know why they stopped him," the source said of the authorities. "I mean technically you're not allowed to drink in a state park, and I don't know, maybe, if a policeman sees somebody drinking and doesn't give them a ticket, they lose their job," the individual added. "Any kind of alcohol-related driving thing is serious," the source added.

One officer said they observed Springsteen "consume a shot of Patron tequila and then get on his motorcycle and start the engine," according to a probable cause statement obtained by CNN.

Springsteen told the officer he had consumed two shots of tequila in the previous 20 minutes, according to the probable cause statement.

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes."

Springsteen, according to the officer, took 45 steps during the "walk and turn" test "instead of the instructed 18."

Prior to the screening the officer said he approached Springsteen and informed him alcohol was prohibited in the park, and asked whether Springsteen was leaving, to which "he confirmed he was going to drive out of the park," the statement said.

CNN has reached out to representatives for Springsteen and the National Park Service for further comment.

17 minutes ago, maccawings said:

I’m going to take an educated guess from the different reports. While not versed on procedure of Federal Park Rangers. 

Since he has not been charged with Refusal to my knowledge, it appears to me that he refused a PBT on scene. Those PBT readings are used towards probable cause to arrest and usually added info to the standard field sobriety tests. You are not mandated by law to take the PBT.

It would make sense that he was arrested on scene and then brought into the PD and was asked again to submit to breath samples which is mandatory by law.  If the .02% reading is true, it’s from these tests that the reading comes from

I think the confusion here, is any reading on the PBT is not your official BAC level in court and is mainly used towards officer’s probable cause to arrest. Not taking it left the officer one less tool in the tool box leaving him to make his decision on observations and balance tests.

Your official BAC is taken inside the PD, most likely taken on the Drager Alcotest . This is where Bruce probably complied with the officer and submitted samples of his breath and where the .02% BAC reading is being quoted from

That’s fantastic information. Thanks for that.

31 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

Yeah CNN says Bruce admitted that he took 2 shots. An officer confirmed he witnessed him take only 1 shot and then get on his motorcycle. Sources close to Bruce have of course also said he was offered the shot from the fans. So were the fans arrested too? Were there fans really there? I am hoping that wasn't made up by Bruce and his people. Because it does seem also odd that 3 months ago this happened, fans were taking photos with Bruce and Bruce was arrested. What Bruce fan wouldn't instantly take to the internet to talk about this when it happened? Did the fans leave before the arrest? Police said Bruce had the empty bottle.

maybe we were in a rush to non-judgement

1 hour ago, Jason1978 said:

My big question is...why did this take 3 months to leak? Celebs are arrested all the time for being drunk. The media, sites like TMZ instantly report on it. So how in the hell did Bruce fly under the radar for 3 months? Bruce arrested in NJ in November but we find out about it in February? Come on! Now we have new reports saying he took 2 shots, had an empty bottle. This is said to be from the police report. No mention of fans any more. So Bruce on his motorcycle went to the park and got wasted? Just doesn't seem Bruce like. Of course I don't know Bruce but still something doesn't seem right.

It really sounds like a cop arrested him for no reason, tried to cover his ass and he clearly was in the wrong here and they tried to keep this under wraps. Now it has leaked with different accounts. Also...where is the mugshot? Again celeb mugshots get out pretty damn fast. I just never have heard of ANY celebrity arrested and it took 3 months for that arrest to be made public

Ok, let me take a stab at this one. When a local, county or state officer makes an arrest, they generally disseminate that information to local papers by either press releases or a department approved information for the police blotter. Arrests, reports and general info

However, I am not sure that the Federal Agencies do the same. The APP which is the main Monmouth/Ocean County papers, I have never seen a Sandy Hook blotter in that paper. And I used to read the police blotters quite regularly. So if the Federal Park Rangers do release that information, I have no clue where that would be.

I would lean towards them either not announcing them or only announcing them periodically ( maybe in this case months). Local PD’s generally are in the paper between 1 to 3 weeks

• Like 1

Now some clarity to the Attorney Kassman that is quoted earlier.

Despite the fact that you can be found guilty with a BAC under .08%, it is a very rare event. So I would say in my experience that his comment about never getting a conviction is accurate. As I stated earlier, alcohol does not mix well with numerous prescribed drugs and of course the Alcotest does not measure the existence or amount of any narcotics/ prescribed drugs in your system.

If the officer’s observations did not line up with the reading that was achieved. They should have taken him to the hospital and had blood drawn. It would have been the only way to prove that he was impaired after the low BAC reading and that there was more at play than just alcohol.

judging by what’s out so far, I would say a conviction would be a heavy lift. Doesn’t make the officer wrong, but I’d love to see any body cam footage of the incident

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maccawings said:

Well, certain medicines have warnings on the labels not to mix with alcohol. But when folks ignore those warnings, they can technically be impaired without actually being over the legal limit.

Not really strictly a judgement call, as sobriety tests (balance tests) are always given to help the officer judge a person’s capacity to operate a motor vehicle. Within those balance tests are simple mental acuity tests as well

Here's a good example of how medication can impair a person to the point where they shouldn't be driving.  It's not pretty.  And Tiger didn't have any alcohol in his system.

Dashcam video released of Tiger Woods' DUI arrest

3 hours ago, burghfan said:

In PA if you refuse to take a breathalyzer test it counts as an automatic failure.  I would guess that PA isn't the only state like that.

As a Burghfan, who do you think has worse judgement when riding motorcycles Bruce or #7? 

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Mind you, did I ever tell you about the time I got a bit of Bruce's sweat on my top lip? Can't remember which concert but I DO remember keeping it there for a while before licking it off.  Hey, I had some of Bruce's DNA inside me! Wonder if I still have?

My mind seems to have wandered - @Daisey Jeep's fault!

Wow !

Im impressed Aunty 

I mean eem im seriously impressed ! 

• Haha 1

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)