Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes." Swa

If Bruce Springsteen is guilty of drink and driving he deserves to be be punished the same as any person would be. Finally... after 50 years as a rock and roll star, the press have something on h

Apologies if already posted, and of course in general, but... Our Tipsy Biker's comin' home.

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, rockaway88 said:

As a Burghfan, who do you think has worse judgement when riding motorcycles Bruce or #7? 

Don't know who has the better/worse judgement but I will go will Big Ben having the worse outcome.

6 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Springsteen according to the officer, took 45 total steps during the "walk and turn" test "instead of the instructed 18."

Yeah and he plays 3h shows when everyone else phones in 90 minutes, so?

I think this is post of the thread !

• Like 1

I've had a few laughs and ive been outraged (not at Bruce)

Its been an interesting thread with twists and turns

but i feel sorry for him

I don't care if technically he was in the wrong in that, that has no bearing over me feeling bad for him

But today's news is tomorrow's fish & chip paper 

My fandom remains unchanged

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
9 hours ago, gsquare said:

He was also charged with reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area, so those may still have some validity.

That's probably just the cop tossing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. So far none of the available information - including the arresting officer's statement of probable cause - mentions any specifics about his driving actually being reckless.  The closed area thing is kind of BS, especially since Sandy Hook was traditionally (until 2019) the one place on the shore you could have alcohol, but I suppose it's hard to beat.  Ultimately the Assistant U.S. Attorney assigned to the case will decide what charges to pursue.  My guess is that Bruce will wind up cutting a deal to plead to the breathalyzer refusal and the consumption offenses, and the rest will get tossed.  As others have already noted, there's a big gap between probable cause to arrest and proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and any defense attorney worth his/her salt will use that .02 BAC to shoot holes in the DUI charge.

• Like 1

(45 steps)

(45 steps)

(45 steps)

(45 steps)

45 steps, and we'll take that ride
'Cross the bloody hook to the station house
45 steps, taken in the night
You're taking just one official breathalyzer test
Praying for a pass

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, the highway is alive said:

He shared a drink with a stranger during a global pandemic.

He succumbed to the very basic sin, gluttony, by indulging in the devil juice (alcohol).

I am not writing him off yet. But he's very close. Bruce, you have a lot of work to do to regain my respect.

Was this posted from the late Nineties’ Kabul? Just asking. ;)

4 hours ago, badlands78 said:

DC434053-6ABB-495B-8937-10F9B01E794A.jpeg

Wait! This is huge!

The report says, ‘visibly swaying’: we have the definitive answer to the ‘screen door’ dilemma!

And on a side note: he allegedly took 45 steps. Does this mean he also took 90 steps back? That would explain a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 4
6 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Maureen isn’t happy ! 

0971CE59-FC63-4BF4-822D-659870ABF56B.png

Something in her husband’s wardrobe, maybe? ;)

• Haha 3

It’s funny though, neither of them actually clarify what happened . I know that Mr&Mrs VZ like their Twitter and esp Steve is always going on about something with his somewhat forthright opinion but he’s pretty quiet on this . maybe now is the time Bruce clarifies all of this  ..... or maybe not - who was it who said there is no such thing as bad publicity ? 

7 hours ago, Trang said:

(45 steps)

(45 steps)

(45 steps)

(45 steps)

45 steps, and we'll take that ride
'Cross the bloody hook to the station house
45 steps, taken in the night
You're taking just one official breathalyzer test
Praying for a pass

Wrong song to use for funny 

If I were Bruce's lawyer I'd play his last few video interviews for the magistrate.  Glassy eyes and swaying back and forth seem to be par for the course for him these days.

• Haha 2
  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)