Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

I’m sad to hear about this. Bruce made a terrible mistake and if this is true he will face the consequences. I hope this will just be an isolated incident. Thankfully no one was hurt. The facts still seem to be coming out so I don’t think it’s fair to say he has a drinking problem yet. Its really ironic that this got leaked right after the commercial.

That being said, I’m surprised how much coverage this is getting. It made the national news and GMA had a few minute long segment both days.

• Like 2
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes." Swa

If Bruce Springsteen is guilty of drink and driving he deserves to be be punished the same as any person would be. Finally... after 50 years as a rock and roll star, the press have something on h

Apologies if already posted, and of course in general, but... Our Tipsy Biker's comin' home.

Posted Images

There was no fans there! Think about it for a minute.

The odd's that a fan would spot Bruce on his bike in the middle of a National Park, offers him "his favorite drink" Tequila, that he/they just happen to have with shot glasses. When the bottle was empty so called fans leave the bottle with Bruce. So the officer would find it. 10,000 to 1? Maybe even higher. 

He would have been better to just come out and say I screwed up, please forgive me. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Jertucky said:

It’s almost as if he’s just human like the rest of us, following protocol the vast majority of the time while letting his guard down every once in a while! It does strike to his sanctimonious nature though. He likes to preach. 

With fans like you and Captain Chaos,  who needs enemies?

35 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

The odd's that a fan would spot Bruce on his bike in the middle of a National Park, offers him "his favorite drink" Tequila, that he/they just happen to have with shot glasses. When the bottle was empty so called fans leave the bottle with Bruce. So the officer would find it. 10,000 to 1? Maybe even higher. 

He would have been better to just come out and say I screwed up, please forgive me. 

Are you suggesting it was a

https://youtu.be/CzlPd_PZVCM

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've been looking at photos to see what these Rangers look like. I have, in my mind, a cross between a boy/girl scout and a WW2 Ranger.

sherif-clipart-hd-img.png

4 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Yogi bear came to mind - Ranger Smith? (Yes, I had to look his name up).

image.thumb.png.803f3687dd777583e52a3732a6ed9896.png

Im playing catch up this morning

• Haha 2

Ive been thinking ....

If i was one of those fans who gave him the tequila (well i would have had a lime!) But id be feeling pretty dam awful about the entire thing

I would not have told a soul

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

With fans like you and Captain Chaos,  who needs enemies?

I’m not his friend. I like his music. At least I like a lot of his music. I also recognize he’s playing a character much of the time. Thus, his talk about the “magic trick” and whatnot. When he invites me to the barn, I’ll consider us friends.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Elbow said:

My biggest concern over all this is he just hunkers down and we don't see much of him anymore, I'm being selfish. Old Trafford 2022 is keeping me going through this lockdown.

Have no fear, any 2022 tour will not remotely depend on this issue, which will blow over soon enough. And I’m with you, being in that pit looking up at the ESB (especially in the Stretford End) will be brilliant. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Have no fear, any 2022 tour will not remotely depend on this issue, which will blow over soon enough.

Do we want to let things like this blow over?

9 hours ago, This 442 said:

Actually it makes a certain amount of sense.  Why incriminate yourself, especially if the other evidence of drunkenness isn't overwhelming (or, on the other hand, if you know you're going to blow off the charts)?  You're going to lose your license anyway, so better to have a misdemeanor conviction for that than a full-blown DUI.  The problem is, the federal law that covers this particular incident permits the refusal to be admitted as proof that you were under the influence (as do most state DUI laws), so you're probably screwed either way.

Yeah - that was my thinking. Refusal is pretty much an indication you think you’ll be over.

15 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

It’s funny though, neither of them actually clarify what happened . I know that Mr&Mrs VZ like their Twitter and esp Steve is always going on about something with his somewhat forthright opinion but he’s pretty quiet on this .

It's not really their place to clarify anything.

12 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Why’d he refuse the first breath test? That isn’t great form really.

If he had indeed just taken the shot, some of the alcohol would still be in his mouth and could affect the reading. Better to wait, IMO.

10 hours ago, Jertucky said:

It’s almost as if he’s just human like the rest of us, following protocol the vast majority of the time while letting his guard down every once in a while! It does strike to his sanctimonious nature though. He likes to preach. 

Maybe he's been vaccinated. :)

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Actually, people have been known to show up at places he's known to frequent in the hopes of "accidentally" bumping into him. It's also no secret to those same people that he likes his tequila. Also, if you read the posted report, I don't believe that it specifically states that the Bruce was in possession of the bottle ( I could be wrong), only that it was empty. Or, maybe it was nearly empty and Bruce finished it after they left.

Having said all that, I don't necessarily believe the fans were there either, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

It also crossed my mind that it was a setup, though I think that's unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, misty rain said:

It's not really their place to clarify anything.

If he had indeed just taken the shot, some of the alcohol would still be in his mouth and could affect the reading. Better to wait, IMO.

Maybe he's been vaccinated. :)

Actually, people have been known to show up at places he's known to frequent in the hopes of "accidentally" bumping into him. It's also no secret to those same people that he likes his tequila. Also, if you read the posted report, I don't believe that it specifically states that the Bruce was in possession of the bottle ( I could be wrong), only that it was empty. Or, maybe it was nearly empty and Bruce finished it after they left.

Having said all that, I don't necessarily believe the fans were there either, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

It also crossed my mind that it was a setup, though I think that's unlikely.

He certainly wasn’t vaccinated in November.^_^

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Let the sentence son fit the crime. That will happen soon enough. What do you think should happen? 

Well first he deserves his day in court. But if all this is true, then I think he needs to be impeached. B)

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

I think  the judge "Mean" John Brown will lock him up for this terrible crime.

98 and a year, so he will be called Bruce 99

This means, there will be no tour in 2022 !

I believe Mr. Springsteen believes his biography is a little boring without a "so called" scandal. So with growing age he is working hard for a new image. Is this the surprise in 2021 he was talking about a few weeks ago ?

Wouldn’t Bruce Inc. have mentioned this to Jeep if they thought this was something that could come back on him/them?

Seems odd to me, but maybe we’ll learn more over time. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Hands up all those who haven't made a mistake in their life.

I have made mistakes, but I’ve never proceeded to operate a motor vehicle while having symptoms that would fail a sobriety test.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, badlands78 said:

I have made mistakes, but I’ve never proceeded to operate a motor vehicle while having symptoms that would fail a sobriety test.

Ahhh I see, what you are saying is you have never been caught doing anything wrong.

You are a saint, you keep your hand down.  

• Haha 1
  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)