Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

1 minute ago, newcastle roy said:

Ahhh I see, what you are saying is you have never been caught doing anything wrong.

You are a saint, you keep your hand down.  

What I’m saying is I have never operated a vehicle while intoxicated.  And yes you could add “never been caught” since I have no intoxication to catch.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes." Swa

If Bruce Springsteen is guilty of drink and driving he deserves to be be punished the same as any person would be. Finally... after 50 years as a rock and roll star, the press have something on h

Apologies if already posted, and of course in general, but... Our Tipsy Biker's comin' home.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

I have made mistakes, but I’ve never proceeded to operate a motor vehicle while having symptoms that would fail a sobriety test.

I operate a motor vehicle every day while having symptoms that would fail a sobriety test thanks to a stroke. Doesn’t make me dangerous on the road. 

We’ll see what happens with Bruce and his charges  

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
1 minute ago, badlands78 said:

What I’m saying is I have never operated a vehicle while intoxicated.  And yes you could add “never been caught” since I have no intoxication to catch.

Well, i do believe you. I have never drove over the limit. as well.  Do you believe me ?

So what mistakes have you made ? 

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im playing catch up this morning

Are the park ranger costumes making you "loose"?  :lol:

• Haha 1

I am disappointed in Bruce because he made the choice to drink and drive and got caught. He didn't use good judgement, it was no mistake, it was his choice. Thankfully, no one suffered serious injuries, death and lives changed forever. Hopefully, Bruce will learn from this. He deserves to look deep inside now and find his reasons for this happening.

There's no need to ruin his life, a little compassion goes a long way.

1 hour ago, larf said:

I operate a motor vehicle every day while having symptoms that would fail a sobriety test thanks to a stroke. Doesn’t make me dangerous on the road. 

We’ll see what happens with Bruce and his charges  

Exactly- there are reasons why (eg. age, previous injuries, etc.) he might have failed the sobriety test without being drunk.

48 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I'm not trying to defend Bruce..well I am in a way. However..he has not been proven guilty yet. I have no doubts he will be proven not guilty.

I think the blow to his reputation is likely to be worse than any punishment he might receive. Which, if this was leaked deliberately, the damage was done.

• Like 1

OK, just thought of a new angle for this.  Yes, it was a sting and Bruce was caught.  The park ranger, DA, and judge who will be trying the case are all fans.  The hearing will be rigged and he will be found guilty, and there will be no jail time, probation, or fine, but what there will be will community service.  That community service will be in the form of a run of concerts in NJ at locations to be determined.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, diamondjacki said:

Did anyone hear Michael Rapaport’s rant about arresting the Boss in Jersey? It’s on Twitter, I don’t know how to post it, but if anyone else can, it’s pretty good IMO

It’s on this thread twice just scroll back :D

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I just do not believe he would make such a mistake after years/decades of being squeaky clean.

Well there’s the jumping the walls at Graceland , driving a car unfit for the road circa 1977 - promised land and all that , and potential public indecency with those girls under the boardwalk unsnapping their jeans :D

oh and what’s the cake thing !!!???

6 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

The piss taking on line is very predictable of course. But the piss taking by so called fans is very disappointing, although not unexpected as it's easy to kick someone when they're down. 

It depends on the exact nature of the piss-taking.   A lot of fans, rightly or wrongly, are deeply disappointed by this. Some people try to brush off the disappointment by making jokes about it.  And if those jokes are at Bruce's expense, then he has to wear that, as I'm sure he knows.  To his credit I've never once heard him complain about people dissing him on social media, and I'm sure he won't start now.

• Like 7
19 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

This was exactly my point several pages back . I smell a rat too . In this day and age people cannot help to share stuff like this on social media . If I met Bruce in a chance encounter I’d be very excited

It seems like he got stopped only a couple of minutes after taking the shot. Maybe they saw it happen, considered the implications and decided to keep quiet. There's also the possibility the police took their details as witnesses...?

29 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Well there’s the jumping the walls at Graceland , driving a car unfit for the road circa 1977 - promised land and all that , and potential public indecency with those girls under the boardwalk unsnapping their jeans :D

oh and what’s the cake thing !!!???

Driving without a licence and insurance back in the Tinker West days when they were goin' Cali. 

My, how we all laughed at that story.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

To his credit I've never once heard him complain about people dissing him on social media, and I'm sure he won't start now.

To be fair, he has band members and their spouses to do that for him.

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I don't think that's very helpful from Alec

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Someone on here came up with that one, too. That'll help bring both sides further into the middle.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

As much as i want Bruce to be not convicted, i hope that is far from the truth

As a (at times) hardened (NZ) right winger, i would be disgusted and bitterly disappointed if he was singled out out for his politics

There are certain left leaning 'entertainers' here i have zero time for, but i couldn't imangine wanting to get them into trouble 

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Wait, Bruce is a liberal? 

Why didn't President Trump warn us?

That does it... I'm burning all my Springsteen CDs.  As soon as I can get them out of storage. And deleting all the MP3s.

Take that, Comrade!

• Haha 3

It occurred to me as I woke up a few minutes ago that maybe all of us have missed - or avoided - an important larger point here.  Jut for argument's sake, let's assume the phantom fans and 2 shots are BS, the .02 BAC is some one-off technical glitch, and our man really did polish off a good portion of that bottle.   If that cop hadn't stopped him from driving home, this thread could look very different. Instead of joking or sermonizing or making clever memes or wringing hands we might all be eulogizing Bruce.  Now that would truly suck.  

In all seriousness, I'm glad this thread is about a DUI and not "Wreck on the Highway."

• Like 2
  • Hug 3
10 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Well, i do believe you. I have never drove over the limit. as well.  Do you believe me ?

So what mistakes have you made ? 

Sorry if this comes across as sanctimonious, everybody, but I for one do not make misteaks.

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, This 442 said:

Sorry if this comes across as sanctimonious, everybody, but I for one do not make misteaks.

Oops - I'm presuming that was intentional?

• Like 1
  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)