Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

Quod scripsi scripsi.

13 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Hands up all those who haven't made a mistake in their life.

DUI kind of mistake? Never ever.

Pulled over for speeding. Never.

I have been pulled over by cops 6 times, but always come out squeaky clean B)

17 minutes ago, Cozmic Kid said:

Are you kidding me?

I get 2 tickets a year on average. Last year only 1, happened like the first week  of January,  I thought oh boy this maybe a bad year. But managed not to get another.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Are you kidding me?

I get 2 tickets a year on average. Last year only 1, happened like the first week  of January,  I thought oh boy this maybe a bad year. But managed not to get another.

I’ve gotten a speeding ticket in the exact same location is Cedar Falls, Iowa on my way back from the in-laws house, 650 miles or so from my house. Two years apart. 
I hate Iowa.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Are you kidding me?

Not kidding. 

But I have gotten two speeding tickets by sneaky stationary cops with cameras. And I avoided one that would have cost me my license. 

Law has just been changed so it get even more strict to get caught speeding or DUI.

I'm still spellbound about all this as it relates to the Jeep commercial. No matter what you think about the incident being bogus or not, Bruce was arrested. Did he not disclose it to them thinking it would just go away, or did Jeep just take a chance that it wouldn't come out and be such a big deal? They spent big bucks on this. Even if they didn't pay Bruce a dime, there was the cost of running the ad and the production costs. You would think that there was a personal services contract behind this with a standard morals clause and a duty to disclose.

• Like 4

I, for one, am relieved to see some rock and roll behavior from our hero, even on a fairly modest scale.  Maybe he felt so scarred by selling out to VW that he had to do something to balance the scales.  Here's hoping he trashes a hotel room in Manhattan tonight. 

5 hours ago, This 442 said:

If that cop hadn't stopped him from driving home, this thread could look very different. Instead of joking or sermonizing or making clever memes or wringing hands we might all be eulogizing Bruce.  Now that would truly suck.  

Absolutely . But equally bad would have been if he had maimed or killed someone whilst DUI. That would have been a career killer .

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

The cops would be constantly busy arresting 90% of the entertainment industry if that was the case, surely? 

1 hour ago, Floom2 said:

I, for one, am relieved to see some rock and roll behavior from our hero, even on a fairly modest scale.  Maybe he felt so scarred by selling out to VW that he had to do something to balance the scales.  Here's hoping he trashes a hotel room in Manhattan tonight. 

I guess you'd have a different view if any of your family had been injured by a drunk driver... notso rock and roll then eh?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Floom2 said:

I, for one, am relieved to see some rock and roll behavior from our hero

Nonsense. Rock and roll behaviour is not drink driving. Nor is it throwing TVs out of hotel windows, inserting red snappers into groupie's vaginas, driving cars into swimming pools or hanging yourself off of hotel bedroom doors.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cozmic Kid said:

DUI kind of mistake? Never ever.

I have been pulled over by cops 6 times, but always come out squeaky clean B)

I've been told I drive like an old lady, and even I've been pulled over for speeding. But the nice sonny boy officer let me go with a warning. :P

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Nonsense. Rock and roll behaviour is not drink driving. Nor is it throwing TVs out of hotel windows, inserting red snappers into groupie's vaginas, driving cars into swimming pools or hanging yourself off of hotel bedroom doors.

Was that red snapper one in Val Doonican’s memoir or Michael Ball’s?

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, davemunday said:

I guess you'd have a different view if any of your family had been injured by a drunk driver... notso rock and roll then eh?

Completely agree. Self destruction is mythologised in the rock n roll playbook. Take away the fake glamour and headlines and you’re left with tragedy not glory. 

Drink driving is cheap and selfish no matter who you are.

Appearing in a car ad after you’ve been arrested for it is incredible. Especially given his recent status as a Mount Rushmore addition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Floom2 said:

Jeep is owned by Stellantis (Fiat, Chrysler, Ram, Dodge, Jeep, Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Lancia)

VW group make Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN

comp.jpg

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

What about eating heads off bats or snorting ants or snorting urine ??? I certainly don’t condone this behaviour but it makes good reading ! :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Well. Yes it is. It's  probably the definition of rock and roll behaviour.

Leave out the hanging,  very few do that, thankfully. 

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)