Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

21 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Why would this even reach court? Surely, a judge would chuck it out if there's nothing to it?

Well it’s attention seeking I guess or justification for making accusations and not just wasting time .... I mean look at the Trump impeachment trial :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eileen said:

Why would this even reach court? Surely, a judge would chuck it out if there's nothing to it?

I don't get it either.  He seems to have been well under the permitted alcohol level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I don't get it either.  He seems to have been well under the permitted alcohol level.

Only thing I've come up with is that it's happened before or Bruce pissed them off by not doing as they asked. Walking more steps ie 'When they said sit down ...'

But they still know whether it'll stand up in court or not - if not, why waste everybody's time?

14 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Only thing I've come up with is that it's happened before or Bruce pissed them off by not doing as they asked. Walking more steps ie 'When they said sit down ...'

But they still know whether it'll stand up in court or not - if not, why waste everybody's time?

Here's another possibility...

Bruce is well known for his political beliefs and has a long history of supporting liberal politicians and causes.  Also, a fair number of law enforcement officers supported Trump and non-liberal causes.  It is not beyond the realm of possibility that this/these cop/cops was/were trying to stick it up his ass.  Stranger things have happened...

• Like 1

And we had like a suit, a legal suit. And my father took me down to this lawyer in town. His name was Billy Boyle, and he later became mayor, which, uh, and anyway, I went down there, and he looked at me, he said, "Oh man, I gotta defend this?" I looked about, just about exactly the same way I look right now. And uh, and like I remember, we were going to court, right? The day of the suit. Like I got, I'm like in the right! I just got hit, and my leg's messed up. And I remember my lawyer telling me, "If I was the judge, I'd find you guilty!" You know? I don't know for what. For being, just for being there, I guess,

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

Is Bruce anti police then?

(Please, no need to mention 41 Shots. Again).

He's anti anyone trying to tell him what to do most likely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

According to someone I spoke with who knows about these things, there technically is not a permitted alcohol level. I asked him what is the point in having a limit if a person can still be charged below it. He said the difference is the potential penalties are higher if someone is above the limit. If the stories are true, Bruce admitted that he drank and then intended to drive away. 

Having said that, he didn't think Bruce will receive any serious penalties, if any. 

1 hour ago, misty rain said:

According to someone I spoke with who knows about these things, there technically is not a permitted alcohol level. I asked him what is the point in having a limit if a person can still be charged below it. He said the difference is the potential penalties are higher if someone is above the limit. If the stories are true, Bruce admitted that he drank and then intended to drive away. 

Having said that, he didn't think Bruce will receive any serious penalties, if any. 

Bruce should be sentenced to bury the ESB and carry on with the Seeger band B)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cozmic Kid said:

Bruce should be sentenced to bury the ESB and carry on with the Seeger band B)

The Judge wouldn't dare risk the wrath of @Daisey Jeep by doing that!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

He's anti anyone trying to tell him what to do most likely.

Thus the lifelong struggle with his father. He was doted on by his mother and aunts and didn’t like his father not telling him how great he was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misty rain said:

I'm paraphrasing a little, but the federal law (Title 36, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 4.23) that applies to national parks makes it a crime to operate a vehicle while your BAC .08 or more, OR while under the influence or alcohol (or drugs) to a degree that renders you incapable of operating it safely.  In other words, the government needs to prove one or the other beyond a reasonable doubt.  Since it appears they won't be able to show BAC at or above .08, they'd have to prove he was unable to drive safely.  That's where the results of the other field sobriety tests (horizontal nystagmus, walk 9 steps, etc.) and the officer's (subjective) impressions about glassy eyes, swaying, etc. are relevant.  That will also be where the defense counsel make their money... cross-examining the heck out of him, casting doubt about this and that, introducing their own evidence, etc.  And I'm pretty sure Bruce can afford a better lawyer these days than the one who represented him in his motorcycle injury case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, This 442 said:

And I'm pretty sure Bruce can afford a better lawyer these days than the one who represented him in his motorcycle injury case.

It’s sorta poetic justice that the tequila incident also involved Bruce on his motorcycle.

7 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

It’s sorta poetic justice that the tequila incident also involved Bruce on his motorcycle.

If I was the judge (...err, magistrate), I'd still find him guilty.

• Haha 1

... of bein' the Boss of us all! :D

• Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, This 442 said:

I'm paraphrasing a little, but the federal law (Title 36, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 4.23) that applies to national parks makes it a crime to operate a vehicle while your BAC .08 or more, OR while under the influence or alcohol (or drugs) to a degree that renders you incapable of operating it safely.  In other words, the government needs to prove one or the other beyond a reasonable doubt.  Since it appears they won't be able to show BAC at or above .08, they'd have to prove he was unable to drive safely.  That's where the results of the other field sobriety tests (horizontal nystagmus, walk 9 steps, etc.) and the officer's (subjective) impressions about glassy eyes, swaying, etc. are relevant.  That will also be where the defense counsel make their money... cross-examining the heck out of him, casting doubt about this and that, introducing their own evidence, etc.  And I'm pretty sure Bruce can afford a better lawyer these days than the one who represented him in his motorcycle injury case.

Oh, no doubt Bruce has good lawyers. My source also said (as you did) that impairment is much harder to prove without a BAC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Thus the lifelong struggle with his father. He was doted on by his mother and aunts and didn’t like his father not telling him how great he was.

Wrong. He was abandoned by his Mother at a very early developmental time in his life and left at his father’s parents house for them to “watch him” because she needed to make a living working at the law firm in town. Because his schizophrenic father was self treating himself with alcohol and unable to make a consistent living.  Not a picked up at end of work day situation which even that still leaves a child feeling abandoned but worse. She loved music and song and performance. Get it now. I’ll perform for you so love me and don’t leave me. 
All unconscious that we all have to deal with. Our beginning and how our childhood effects us as adults now, unconsciously. Don’t think those early life experiences ever get erased.

Peace 

2 minutes ago, judgejudge said:

Wrong. He was abandoned by his Mother at a very early developmental time in his life and left at his father’s parents house for them to “watch him” because she needed to make a living working at the law firm in town. Because his schizophrenic father was self treating himself with alcohol and unable to make a consistent living.  Not a picked up at end of work day situation which even that still leaves a child feeling abandoned but worse. She loved music and song and performance. Get it now. I’ll perform for you so love me and don’t leave me. 
All unconscious that we all have to deal with. Our beginning and how our childhood effects us as adults now, unconsciously. Don’t think those early life experiences ever get erased.

Peace 

What about how his mom and dad moved to California when Bruce's 17 year old sister was pregnant ? :(

I worked out some stuff about my mum and dad from listening to Bruce's spoken interludes from the 2016 river tour, and about how Bruce said maybe BTR was about Douglass and Adele

Its a really weird thing to one day realise your parents were actually young once and alot of our own struggles, disappointments, hopes and dreams were their's long before they were ours and that they had full and happy lives before we all came along

I guess its some kind of rite of passage, maybe i came to this realization latter than most because i don't have children, but i would lie in bed after glistening to those river shows thinking abiut some deep stuff

• Hug 1

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)