Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

1 minute ago, QuinnG said:

TBF - You were spared me mentioning the 2 shots v 41 shots gag as I noticed some other genius had said that one!

With very few confirmed facts to discuss, I think everything everything has been raked over a few times by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

With very few confirmed facts to discuss, I think everything everything has been raked over a few times by now.

So I haven't missed anything being at work.

• Haha 1

Well if he does get convicted his a right  **** for doing so as the offence is really offensive but with him doing that commercial something tells me it been sorted.  

We all had members of our family and love one's who have dropped a clanger you don't just disown them you tell them they deserve whats coming and you stand by them and supported them  -think to his credit his done a little support in return at times to us all. 

Row back a little and wait maybe ...mmmmm row back ? that reminds me of the boating lake case ! 

• Like 2

Back in the day i beleave my dead beat uncle was the first person to be locked up in Otago when some  drink driving law was introduced back in the day (possibly the '60's)

Bruce is a hundred thousand times a better person than Uncle Tom (poor Aunty Nancy)

I have an Aunty Nancy too. They don't have much luck with husbands.  Mine married a violent, controlling drunk who should've been locked up.  Luckily he died in his late 50s and at least left her with a few peaceful years

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, the highway is alive said:

I'll tell you one thing and I'm not ashamed to say it, my estimation of Bruce Springsteen as a man just fucking plummeted.

What?! Has he done something else since I last checked in? ;)

• Haha 4

OK I swore I wouldn't weigh in but LOL!!! -- Every few days I get my morning laugh from this board.

SO he went down in your estimation, He disappointed you ... on and on.

He's an artist I believe I can write with confidence: that people love listening to his creations ... AND he doesn't owe anyone anything. Shame on you if you elevated him from artist to ... well whatever pedestal you put him on.

The whole episode has the look feel smell of set up ... why wasn't anyone else arrested? Weren't others there? Have you forgotten the song 41 Shots? -- well the East Coast PD hasn't ... if it walks like a duck talks like a duck looks like a duck: it's a fucking duck!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

The whole episode has the look feel smell of set up ... why wasn't anyone else arrested? Weren't others there? Have you forgotten the song 41 Shots? -- well the East Coast PD hasn't ... if it walks like a duck talks like a duck looks like a duck: it's a fucking duck!

Ahh so the police forced the tequila down Bruce's throat and gave him the nystagmus and swaying stance.  Glad I didn't jump to conclusions!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Ahh so the police forced the tequila down Bruce's throat and gave him the nystagmus and swaying stance.  Glad I didn't jump to conclusions!

That is not what I wrote. He said he had a drink ....

EDIT: swaying ... were you there? I wasn't ... his lawyers are going to shred this ... And looks to me like the DA was between a rock and the proverbial hard place: throw it out and it gives the impression he received special treatment pursue it and it's a duck!

• Like 1

You can be driving under the influence and not necessarily "drink driving" ;)

BTW: Bruce could have shut this thread down 15 pages ago. With in his own words statement. Not a lawyer statement. I would have believed him, and moved on. The longer he waits the more questions his fans will have. 

Like I said in another thread, I'll still love his music (except WS :D) and still go to his concerts. No matter the outcome here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunshine2020 said:

were you there? I wasn't ... his lawyers are going to shred this ... And looks to me like the DA was between a rock and the proverbial hard place: throw it out and it gives the impression he received special treatment pursue it and it's a duck!

No I wasn't there.  I just read and posted the officer's report.

1 hour ago, sunshine2020 said:

OK I swore I wouldn't weigh in but LOL!!! -- Every few days I get my morning laugh from this board.

SO he went down in your estimation, He disappointed you ... on and on.

He's an artist I believe I can write with confidence: that people love listening to his creations ... AND he doesn't owe anyone anything. Shame on you if you elevated him from artist to ... well whatever pedestal you put him on.

Will you be high fiving the next guy in your neighbourhood that gets done drink driving? Drink. Driving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I assume there is a lot more too this. If it was 'only' one shot with fans, and 0.02% alcohol, then the news would have come out at the time. The fact the it has emerged two months later suggests Bruce's lawyers have tried and failed to stop the incident being made public. And Bruce's PR people are obviously in overdrive too, which should make us wary of what is in the media. 'Fans' is a very vague term, after all, that could include everyone from acquaintances of Bruce to complete strangers.

Clearly, whatever the truth, it will be a difficult time for Bruce and his family, so our thoughts will be with them.

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)