Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

2 minutes ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Let’s hope nobody was seriously injured.

Report doesn't mention any accidents, injuries or really anything beyond basic facts

"Springsteen received citations for driving while under the influence, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area."

Just now, CmonMrTrouble said:

Report doesn't mention any accidents, injuries or really anything beyond basic facts

"Springsteen received citations for driving while under the influence, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area."

I wasn’t referring to Bruce but to somebody earlier in the thread.

2 minutes ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I wasn’t referring to Bruce but to somebody earlier in the thread.

Gotcha, that wasn't clear

The story is bad enough, without assuming there was an accident or injuries

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

One report says he was arrested.

• Like 1

Does drinking within a closed area mean in a car or in a shut bar? Whats a closed area? 

If this is true, the context is mute. Especially after the Jeep ad. Will have people calling hypocrite, reputation tarnished by the cancel culture.

Only an idiot drink drives and if Brucie did this he is an idiot. Lets hope not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elbow said:

Only an idiot drink drives and if Brucie did this he is an idiot. Lets hope not.

We've seen how some folk abhor anyone driving carelessly, never mind (if true) having imbibed. I look forward to hearing what they have to say after the court case.

Will it be different (again) because it's Bruce?

59 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

"A spokesperson for the National Parks Service confirmed Wednesday that Springsteen was arrested Nov. 14 in a part of the Gateway National Recreation Area on the New Jersey coastline."

been kept quiet for some while then if its true, how long after that would court be in usa,?

1 hour ago, JoanFontaine said:

Changed title of thread. Agree with Eileen: innocent until proven guilty. 

No offence but are you questioning the integrity of the officers ? It’s not a case of he said she said , it’s several pretty reliable sources concurring he was charged with intoxication whilst on charge of a vehicle . Unless the sources are lying and that’s quite an allegation then it’s not a question of guilty but how bad was he? 

With his money he could have afforded a driver for crying out loud . God forbid he hurt someone ! That would be quite a blow to his reputation . 

I drunk Drove once about 20years ago , luckily I was not caught.  The next day I was devastated and I scared myself into never doing something stupid as that again. He should have known better . 

Let’s hope he goes public with how stupid he was . 

• Like 1

It’s the almost incomprehensible belief he can’t be touched that comes through for me.

Appearing in a Jeep ad, in one of the most high profile ad spots in the states, merely months after getting lifted for drink driving. Whilst giving a “message” absolutely dripping with do-the-right-thing. 

The audacity of that is astounding it itself. 

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

Blunder Road

Glory Daze

:P

In all seriousness this is inexcusable and if proven guilty will tarnish his reputation

Tarnish his reputation is a little strong but it will be a stain for a while, probably not very long considering the cycle of the media 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

Tarnish his reputation is a little strong but it will be a stain for a while, probably not very long considering the cycle of the media 

He stuck his neck out, it will get chopped off. It could not be worse....

Furthermore, and this is speculation, what an earth was he doing in the current climate getting drunk in an ‘enclosed area’? I mean he has been at the forefront of encouraging people toAdhere to advice regarding the pandemic and then he goes and does something silly like this! Not good news Bruce !

32 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Will have people calling hypocrite, reputation tarnished by the cancel culture.

Nope, he'll take some heat for the next month or so, then forgotten. 

I'd be stunned if he would plead guilty to a DUI, this will be pleaded down, pay a huge fine, and insurance rates will go skyrocketing for the next five years. 

And we will be packed 19-20k in every arena and 60-70k in every stadium! 

This changes nothing for me. 

• Like 6

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)