Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

2 hours ago, sunshine2020 said:

OK I swore I wouldn't weigh in but LOL!!! -- Every few days I get my morning laugh from this board.

SO he went down in your estimation, He disappointed you ... on and on.

He's an artist I believe I can write with confidence: that people love listening to his creations ... AND he doesn't owe anyone anything. Shame on you if you elevated him from artist to ... well whatever pedestal you put him on.

The whole episode has the look feel smell of set up ... why wasn't anyone else arrested? Weren't others there? Have you forgotten the song 41 Shots? -- well the East Coast PD hasn't ... if it walks like a duck talks like a duck looks like a duck: it's a fucking duck!

I’m not sure that he doesn’t owe anyone anything. That farm he lives in, that’s bought from the money of the fans. The million dollar horse his daughter rides in competition? A result of our money. The motorcycle he was driving? Bought from our money that we gave him. 
Does he owe us anything? I’m not sure that does. But I do know for sure that we don’t owe him anything because we’ve already given him a pretty damn comfortable life.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes." Swa

If Bruce Springsteen is guilty of drink and driving he deserves to be be punished the same as any person would be. Finally... after 50 years as a rock and roll star, the press have something on h

Apologies if already posted, and of course in general, but... Our Tipsy Biker's comin' home.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, judyg said:

Any competent attorney would advise him not to make any public (or even private) statement about the incident at this time. 

Anybody with an iota of sense would have told him to button it.

• Like 3
Just now, judyg said:

Any competent attorney would advise him not to make any public (or even private) statement about the incident at this time. 

Why? This is a fairly minor offense if found guilty. If it's only Drink Driving! I understand some feel it a major offense, but in the justice system minor! Of course unless there is more to it. That's what I feel is more likely the reason of the Code of Silence! Hopefully it doesn't come down to a video release!  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sunshine2020 said:

:D

@Jimmy James you just said the bottom line: You are still a fan and going to go to his concerts.

He owes an explanation ... issuing any statement is contrary to all you've witnessed in the past by him and if I was his lawyer I would advise against it .

OK that's it for me folks! Bye!

....racers back to bootleg thread :D

Hay it was great seeing you sneak out

:)

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Why? This is a fairly minor offense if found guilty. If it's only Drink Driving! I understand some feel it a major offense, but in the justice system minor! Of course unless there is more to it. That's what I feel is more likely the reason of the Code of Silence! Hopefully it doesn't come down to a video release!  

A video release with snow! Don't forget the snow! 

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, judyg said:

One might say "put a cork in it" :lol:

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Nice Code of Silence reference Jimmy. But wtf, it's only Drink Driving!?  Do you think it's a minor offence? I hope not.

4 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Nice Code of Silence reference Jimmy. But wtf, it's only Drink Driving!?  Do you think it's a minor offence? I hope not.

In the justice system it is! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, sunshine2020 said:

@Jimmy James you just said the bottom line: You are still a fan and going to go to his concerts.

He owes an explanation ... issuing any statement is contrary to all you've witnessed in the past by him and if I was his lawyer I would advise against it .

OK that's it for me folks! Bye!

Oops I was in such a hurry -- HE DOESN'T OWE AN EXPLANATION.

Last post this is all nonsense .... did you guys go into hyper overdrive when that guy divorced his wife naming Springsteen too? Did anyone from BruceInc issue a statement of any kind? The money he has -- that you spent was for listening to his music -- that's it -- that was the transaction. Nothing else is a part of the deal.

@E Street nation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Last post this is all nonsense .... did you guys go into hyper overdrive when that guy divorced his wife naming Springsteen too? Did anyone from BruceInc issue a statement of any kind? The money he has -- that you spent was for listening to his music -- that's it -- that was the transaction. Nothing else is a part of the deal.

@E Street nation

Beleave it or not some people did get a little upset over those hotel balcony pix

Not me - i was about 14 and my mother didn't waste money on trashy gossipy magazines -

living so far away (it took 3 months by ship for music magazines in even get here in those days) I probably didn't even know he was married 

27 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

@E Street nation

Am I crazy to think they guy that divorced his wife knew what his wife was up to and with whom she was up to it with? Or are we thinking Bruce is a loyal, monogamous husband?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Am I crazy to think they guy that divorced his wife knew what his wife was up to and with whom she was up to it with? Or are we thinking Bruce is a loyal, monogamous husband?

Do we know what either of them were doing bruce and Juliane? Will we ever know? Probably not 

Just now, E Street nation said:

Do we know what either of them were doing bruce and Juliane? Will we ever know? Probably not 

No, the guy divorcing his wife thing was from a few years ago, years into his current marriage. 5-10 years ago? Regardless, it seemed to disappear pretty quickly from the news the ways things do sometimes when people are paid to keep quiet.

2 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

I'm thinking nothing ... it never had anything to do with me it never entered my mind past the moment the evening or CNN talking head reported.

I paid for his albums, to see him in concert and my hobby is collecting bootlegs. That's it ....

• Like 1

Just read this . A good read.

Makes a great point . Who else at Bruce’s fame level would go out on his motorcycle on his own , no security and just stop for a group of fans spontaneously ? Not very many if any! And that includes the famous of much lower standing . I mean even Taylor’perfect’ Swift contrives her ‘fan meet-ups ‘ 

He is Bruce and there is no one like him . We should be grateful of this 

508084DF-00FA-420F-9BB4-D253CDA9F500.png

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

I'm thinking nothing ... it never had anything to do with me it never entered my mind past the moment the evening or CNN talking head reported.

I paid for his albums, to see him in concert and my hobby is collecting bootlegs. That's it ....

Found this quote from the Star Ledger on April 9, 2009:

"I hesitate to use this website for anything personal believing it should remain a place where fans of my music can come free of the distractions that occasionally arise with the rest of my job," Springsteen wrote at that time.

"However, due to the unfounded and ugly rumors that have appeared in the papers over the last few days, I felt they shouldn't pass without comment. Patti and I have been together for 18 years -- the best 18 years of my life. We have built a beautiful family we love and want to protect and our commitment to one another remains as strong as the day we were married."

• Like 1

The most interesting part of this thread and entire exchange ... why do you care? It's not your life he's not your buddy ... he's an artist that you enjoy (I take that as a given you are here) everything all this interaction is minutiae and a waste of energy.

Yes! @Daisey Jeep running back to the real world! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, sunshine2020 said:

The most interesting part of this thread and entire exchange ... why do you care? It's not your life he's not your buddy ... he's an artist that you enjoy (I take that as a given you are here) everything all this interaction is minutiae and a waste of energy.

Yes! @Daisey Jeep running back to the real world! :D

I guess the interesting part to me is, why do you care enough to keep responding? 
I care because it’s in the news and I’m riding an exercise bike in the garage in 15 degree temperatures. The typing keeps my fingers warm.

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, sunshine2020 said:

everything all this interaction is minutiae and a waste of energy.

And yet you're here. Addictive, isn't it?

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 4
6 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

That’s cool, I recall @Jertucky also stating his relationship with Bruce is purely a business one . I agree to an extent , I’m not bothered what he has for breakfast but I do believe he communicates to our hearts and souls and we communicate to him in shows and fandom and that’s a little more than a transaction .

• Like 1
  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)