Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Thunder Roadie said:

That’s cool, I recall @Jertucky also stating his relationship with Bruce is purely a business one . I agree to an extent , I’m not bothered what he has for breakfast but I do believe he communicates to our hearts and souls and we communicate to him in shows and fandom and that’s a little more than a transaction .

I read you. And that communication takes place when listening to his music or during a concert, right? I feel the same -- his art touches me -- and yet strip it all away and it is a transaction. My payment doesn't include anything other than the art.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

I read you. And that communication takes place when listening to his music or during a concert, right? I feel the same -- his art touches me -- and yet strip it all away and it is a transaction. My payment doesn't include anything other than the art.

I’m with you on that. Bruce runs into trouble is when he steps outside of his art to do his political campaigning/preaching/selling-his-voice-for-Jeep-money stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

And some liberal sermon about half way through the show! ;)

But wait, there’s more...!!! Pay now, and I’ll tell how right the left is and how wrong the right is!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

And some liberal sermon about half way through the show! ;)

Although i do give him a pass on that as it (the venue) is his house  for the night and  he respects my right to not vote the same way he does

And im still loving the Jeep add

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Although i do give him a pass on that as it (the venue) is his house  for the night and  he respects my right to not vote the same way he does

And im still loving the Jeep add

Well hopefully next time out he'll talk more about The Middle. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully folk will protest or turn into Nuns blasting the devil drink so wont  seek tickets on the next tour making more for ....ME  and ME again! 

Also any one hears of any vinyl burning party's going on run them pass me first please .

Every cloud has  a silver lining! 

 

ROVERB

every difficult or sad situation has a comforting or more hopeful aspect, even though this may not be immediately apparent.

 

 ''get that man a beer '' as someone said once but maybe not while his on his bike or when copper's 

(UK for police men ) are enjoying a nice walk along the beach then sitting on a  wall licking a big ice cream as this would disturb any rest they might need when catching folk breaking into house's and we cant have that can we! 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never ever did I imagine, that Mr. Springsteen would sell himself, but he did, and to a car manufacture, and hence to an ideology, that threatens  our future; I always thought "the car" was a metaphor for our wish to leave this destructive world behind us, that Thunder Road was a road out of this our cannibalistic society of poor and vulgar rich, but now he is defining the car as only "the car". I have always thought, that Mr. Appel was not the Apple of knowledge, but the Apple of Sin, and by now I am sure of, that the destructive greed, that Mr Springsteen and Mr Appel so unabashed exhibit, was in the core of their relationship already from the beginning. Dancing in the Dark was the bite, that forced him out of Eden, a piece of money, that he, I think, deep inside has regretted all his life. Or worse: not at all.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not ashamed to admit my (one sided of course - im not delusional) relationship with Bruce is more than a bussiness transaction 

I use him like an anchor

He clears a path for me as i bumble through the wild and unnerving plains of adulthood 

He knows there are fans like me who are more needy than others, who perhaps have fuller more succesful lives, who have better support networks, who don't need heros to navigate the day 

So I repay him with  loyalty 

Without Bruce 

holding-edge-cliff-hands-holding-edge-cliff-water-back-grass-front-103660514.jpg

And with daily doses of Bruce juice throughout the dayguy-follows-beautiful-girl-holding-her-hand-tourist-journey-edge-mountain_118086-766.jpg

Politically we are not the same, but i have learnt a great deal by listening to those PDAs

There is no harm done by listening 

  • Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Daisy (hey everyone),

I have been lurking on this forum since 2007 but have posted not that often throughout the years. I'm sure we don't see eye to eye politically and probably on other issues as well (I would never call Morello "Commie Tommie", for instance), but I agree 100% with your wording here and your sentiment:

I too see Bruce as an anchor. I don't think you're delusional, the feeling that you know Bruce and Bruce knows you  is a huge appeal, it's what Bruce refers to as his "on-going conversation" with his fans.

Unlike others in this thread I don't feel as if Bruce has to be imepeccable, though. His narrative is more about continuing to strive for one's ideals than to actually correspond to these ideals all the time. Everyone can fail, including Bruce, hence his spiel about his "magic trick" and "say that in your next interview, Mr Springsteen". He has created, on purpose, an ideal that we follow and that guides us, and that he also follows and that guides him. On his best days he can live up to it, on his worst days he doesn't. No betrayal lies in potential wrong-doings.

It seems to me as if many people feel disappointed because they hold Bruce to very high standards whereas people who are known sleaze-bags get away with a lot of things. While people are upset about Springsteen's transgression other people get away with much more.

As long as we expect so much more from the good guys than from the bad guys our world will never find balance.

  • Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear Daisey Jeep,

I am sorry, if my view of Mr Springsteens work as a downhill movement has in any way made you sad; but I hold for true, that critique is better for a Poet, than just admiration. I have admiration for his work up to Nebraska, but after that, I think he has gone astray; good songs, yes, good albums no. There is, I dare say,  something disturbing in his book "Born to Run", that I think is his own reflection of his later musical work: after reflecting on Nebraska, the book is a way self-glorifying of himself, his family and his work, that makes me think, that he himself is aware of, that he after that album has produced work of lesser importance.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ulfhpersson said:

Dear Daisey Jeep,

I am sorry, if my view of Mr Springsteens work as a downhill movement has in any way made you sad; but I hold for true, that critique is better for a Poet, than just admiration. I have admiration for his work up to Nebraska, but after that, I think he has gone astray; good songs, yes, good albums no. There is, I dare say,  something disturbing in his book "Born to Run", that I think is his own reflection of his later musical work: after reflecting on Nebraska, the book is a way self-glorifying of himself, his family and his work, that makes me think, that he himself is aware of, that he after that album has produced work of lesser importance.

 

We are a diverse cimmunity

A diverse community is a healthy one

In my view all different types of fans are welcome here 

Also A circle jerk would be really boring 

It would make me sadder if you did not voice your opinions :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

Hey Daisy (hey everyone),

I have been lurking on this forum since 2007 but have posted not that often throughout the years. I'm sure we don't see eye to eye politically and probably on other issues as well (I would never call Morello "Commie Tommie", for instance), but I agree 100% with your wording here and your sentiment:

I too see Bruce as an anchor. I don't think you're delusional, the feeling that you know Bruce and Bruce knows you  is a huge appeal, it's what Bruce refers to as his "on-going conversation" with his fans.

Unlike others in this thread I don't feel as if Bruce has to be imepeccable, though. His narrative is more about continuing to strive for one's ideals than to actually correspond to these ideals all the time. Everyone can fail, including Bruce, hence his spiel about his "magic trick" and "say that in your next interview, Mr Springsteen". He has created, on purpose, an ideal that we follow and that guides us, and that he also follows and that guides him. On his best days he can live up to it, on his worst days he doesn't. No betrayal lies in potential wrong-doings.

It seems to me as if many people feel disappointed because they hold Bruce to very high standards whereas people who are known sleaze-bags get away with a lot of things. While people are upset about Springsteen's transgression other people get away with much more.

As long as we expect so much more from the good guys than from the bad guys our world will never find balance.

Dear DeedDee I absolute promise you if Mr Morrello* knocked on my door in a snow storm its invite hime in and make him home made chicken soup and toast 

In fact i was very mindful in Auckland to clap and smile and be appreative in his direction when ever he had the spotlight

Above all he is Bruce's freind and although im not keen on a few of Bruce's freinds it would be disrespect to Bruce to show disrespect to anyone on his stage

What i find totally relatable about Bruce is he isn't perfect, he gets up every morning and tries to live the right way

Sometimes we all do dumb things

I am actually thinking more and more this particular indiscretion is a stitch up by someone with an axe to grind 

I really really especially love your last paragraph, its soooooo true

 

*I guess my snow storm invite is also open to Gordon Summer and Paul Hewson -( i hope neither is a vegamatic :lol: because my vegetable soup is not at all good)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DeeDee said:

Hey Daisy (hey everyone),

I have been lurking on this forum since 2007 but have posted not that often throughout the years. I'm sure we don't see eye to eye politically and probably on other issues as well (I would never call Morello "Commie Tommie", for instance), but I agree 100% with your wording here and your sentiment:

I too see Bruce as an anchor. I don't think you're delusional, the feeling that you know Bruce and Bruce knows you  is a huge appeal, it's what Bruce refers to as his "on-going conversation" with his fans.

Unlike others in this thread I don't feel as if Bruce has to be imepeccable, though. His narrative is more about continuing to strive for one's ideals than to actually correspond to these ideals all the time. Everyone can fail, including Bruce, hence his spiel about his "magic trick" and "say that in your next interview, Mr Springsteen". He has created, on purpose, an ideal that we follow and that guides us, and that he also follows and that guides him. On his best days he can live up to it, on his worst days he doesn't. No betrayal lies in potential wrong-doings.

It seems to me as if many people feel disappointed because they hold Bruce to very high standards whereas people who are known sleaze-bags get away with a lot of things. While people are upset about Springsteen's transgression other people get away with much more.

As long as we expect so much more from the good guys than from the bad guys our world will never find balance.

I may have missed the point here. Are you saying we shouldn’t have higher expectations for “good guys” than we should have for “bad guys”? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I may have missed the point here. Are you saying we shouldn’t have higher expectations for “good guys” than we should have for “bad guys”? 

I basically meant to say that everybody is only human, including Bruce. That Bruce persona as referenced in the proverbial question "What would Bruce Springsteen do?" is the person he strives to be, not the person he always is. I bet he sometimes asks himself that question too... Is he a hypocrite for having created that persona then? I don't think so, he mostly succeeds in making the right decisions - not all the time but mostly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

 

Politically we are not the same, but i have learnt a great deal by listening to those PDAs

There is no harm done by listening 

PDAs?   You listen to Bruce's public displays  of affection?  Seems kinda weird

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...