Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

If this forum were discussing which song or album we preferred, this would have been decided by putting a poll together. 

I'm certainly not asking for us to have a vote about Bruce's drinking and the rights and wrongs of this - far from it, as I believe people should stop judging or writing him off as you can't have trial by message board. The "vote" or verdict will come through the court legal processes. As part of that process, Bruce will have the chance to put his side of the story and for his circumstances to be properly heard. So far, great weight has been put on the law and their version through the observations and interpretation of one police officer.

If all this happened in the UK I don't think he would have been charged, as he was apparently under the limit and so I don't think this is a moral issue from the facts I have heard - it's just how the local laws operate there and the message or deterrents they want to set for their community. The policeman, on this occasion, decided to charge following his personal judgements and interpretations of the situation. (I have to say I've seen Bruce's glassy eyes and him moving about with a sway from the pit when he's performing and he's been as sober as a judge - OK, I admit that's my opinion!). It is absolutely reasonable to say the policeman could have had a negative bias towards Bruce and his political views rather than be the policeman who had notched up a hundred Bruce shows and be more-inclined to not create an issue. (Interestingly the policeman involved did make a particular point of noting he took 45 steps, or was it "41" steps!)

In this situation, the policeman's judgements - real/imagined or perhaps made-up (as you never know) are not the final, or only, judgements to go by: so please let's wait for Bruce to have his day in court before you decide to make an early judgement or "throw away his key" and your liking for the man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

PDAs?   You listen to Bruce's public displays  of affection?  Seems kinda weird

Fuck

I ment PSA's :lol:

Probably too late for me to go back and edit dam it !

2 hours ago, QuinnG said:

"throw away his key" and your liking for the man.

Lifetime imprisonment does seem somewhat harsh.  Perhaps being forced to listen to The Seeger Sessions on repeat for 1 month or tarring / feathering is a more suitable punishment. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DeeDee said:

I basically meant to say that everybody is only human, including Bruce. That Bruce persona as referenced in the proverbial question "What would Bruce Springsteen do?" is the person he strives to be, not the person he always is. I bet he sometimes asks himself that question too... Is he a hypocrite for having created that persona then? I don't think so, he mostly succeeds in making the right decisions - not all the time but mostly.

Ahhhh...... got it. 

On 2/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Jimmy James said:

And some liberal sermon about half way through the show! ;)

I prefer to call them "humanity" sermons.  Labels are what keeps the wheels of division churning.  I'm as progressive as you can get, far more than Bruce probably.  

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

19 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

He clears a path for me as i bumble through the wild and unnerving plains of adulthood 

He knows there are fans like me who are more needy than others, who perhaps have fuller more succesful lives, who have better support networks, who don't need heros to navigate the day 

So I repay him with  loyalty 

What a wonderful post Daisey Jeep, possibly the best thing I have ever read here. I have always had my hero with me to navigate the day, just didn't think of it like that. 

• Love Love Love! 1

42 minutes ago, Flagofpiracy said:

I prefer to call them "humanity" sermons.  Labels are what keeps the wheels of division churning.  I'm as progressive as you can get, far more than Bruce probably.  

I would think people that to a Springsteen concert don’t really want to hear a sermon of any type though, do that? I’m not talking about a story but a preachy sermon. When I go to church Sunday I don’t want to hear the priest sing Born to Run. When I watch a political debate I don’t want to hear the candidates sing Thunder Rod. If I go to a Springsteen concert I don’t want to hear his views on the world.

But maybe that’s just me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elbow said:

What a wonderful post Daisey Jeep, possibly the best thing I have ever read here. I have always had my hero with me to navigate the day, just didn't think of it like that. 

Thank you Elbow:)

I knew i wasn't alone in my thinking, And im very happy you have Bruce with you too 

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

I would think people that to a Springsteen concert don’t really want to hear a sermon of any type though, do that? I’m not talking about a story but a preachy sermon. When I go to church Sunday I don’t want to hear the priest sing Born to Run. When I watch a political debate I don’t want to hear the candidates sing Thunder Rod. If I go to a Springsteen concert I don’t want to hear his views on the world.

That's a valid point because i really dislike anything but piano or organ in church 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That's a valid point because i really dislike anything but piano or organ in church 

Moma and I still hit the Teen Mass at Church every now and then. Even though we haven't had a teenager in the house for 11 Years. Only problem is Teen Mass is on Sunday Evening. We have a full electric band, Guitar, Bass, Drums and Organ. A Young Lady sings some hymns and a young man does a couple also. The kids really get into!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

His between song monologues played a huge part in growing his almost unique connection with the fans. We got to know him, not just  the songs. If I didn't like him I would have  walked  away, even if I loved the songs.

I'm not going to stop liking him because he had a thimble of tequila and got on a bike. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, NorthSideJimmy said:

His between song monologues played a huge part in growing his almost unique connection with the fans. We got to know him, not just  the songs. If I didn't like him I would have  walked  away, even if I loved the songs.

I'm not going to stop liking him because he had a thimble of tequila and hot on a bike. 

No,I’m not talking about the stories. I’m talking about the preaching. Like the Jeep ad. I honestly don’t know how much of that type of stuff (like he does on his Sirius show) he does in concert. Haven’t seen him live since the Rising tour. 
And the “him” you got to know is the amount of him he is willing to share. It’s a character based upon a real life person. It’s the “magic act” he talks about these days.

• Like 1

Loved your post Daisey.

Bruce’s music has always helped guide me in life gain some understanding of those around me allowing me to allow for their their faults and frustrations. Every new piece of music from the man just goes to further that story.

Bruce owes me nothing but as a fan I enjoy being part of that conversation he has with his fans via his music. 

My colleagues at work all know I am a huge fan of The Boss, my frequently changing set of Springsteen posters behind me on my video calls are a clear sign, and a few contacted me regarding his ‘DUI’ news. All I said was that just look at the history of the guy, a leopard doesn’t change his spots. 

Bruce deserves my support, like any of my close friends and family that need it at one time or another. I am sure he doesn’t need it but also think he appreciates his fan base. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Moma and I still hit the Teen Mass at Church every now and then. Even though we haven't had a teenager in the house for 11 Years. Only problem is Teen Mass is on Sunday Evening. We have a full electric band, Guitar, Bass, Drums and Organ. A Young Lady sings some hymns and a young man does a couple also. The kids really get into!  

I bet  Pope Francis  approves :lol:

I just find the (with all due respect) drone  of the minister or priest to be quite soothing so i like tradional church (not too much of the fire and brimestone either)

On 2/19/2021 at 10:26 AM, QuinnG said:

(I have to say I've seen Bruce's glassy eyes and him moving about with a sway from the pit when he's performing and he's been as sober as a judge - 

That's strange as I get the some feeling looking up at him from the pit in return .

miss's just looked over my shoulder on writing this and said 

'' your not turning gay are you ? do you love him more then me?  ''

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Yeah I question that number.  As far as I know that is way past dead.

"Your Honor, the alleged meter reading is facially false, as my client was not dead." :D :D :D 

1 hour ago, JimCT said:

"Your Honor, the alleged meter reading is facially false, as my client was not dead." :D :D :D 

Either way, dui is still horrible. Friends of mine were coming home over the weekend and were hit by a guy who was doing 70 in a 40 and was drunk. Bumps, bruises, and black eyes, but otherwise doing okayish

10 minutes ago, Eileen said:

By heck, you'd think it was me up in court tomorrow. I've been nervously counting down the days. I wonder how Bruce is feeling?

And Patti too 

• Like 1

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)