Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

Someone may already have made this point but this story is a classic example of not jumping to conclusions too quickly on the basis of a single headline. When the news broke my original thought was along the lines of sad old man potentially with a drink problem in his car drowning his sorrows on his own in the park. Bit like a character in one of his songs. 

Truth of course was much different but potentially reveals the rather bizarre attitude America still has towards alcohol some 80 odd years after prohibition was ended. What the hell is wrong with having a drink in the park? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Demos said:

What the hell is wrong with having a drink in the park? 

Having one drink in the park and a designated driver to get you home is one thing.  But showing impairment and then operating a motor vehicle is another.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:07 PM, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Yeah, I bet that really keeps him awake at night.

The strangest things keep him bothered. I have never known a person so absorbed with their perceived failings/flaws. This said we wouldn’t have so many great songs without his examination and over examination of his life. 

22 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Having one drink in the park and a designated driver to get you home is one thing.  But showing impairment and then operating a motor vehicle is another.

I very much doubt the small amount of alcohol he drank affected his ability to drive safely.  And clearly the judge thought the same.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rizla said:

I very much doubt the small amount of alcohol he drank affected his ability to drive safely.  And clearly the judge thought the same.

Perhaps.  The officer's report mentioned swaying and nystagmus, but I wasn't there.