Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Nope, he'll take some heat for the next month or so, then forgotten. 

I'd be stunned if he would plead guilty to a DUI, this will be pleaded down, pay a huge fine, and insurance rates will go skyrocketing for the next five years. 

And we will be packed 19-20k in every arena and 60-70k in every stadium! 

This changes nothing for me. 

I personally doubt it...he might slip away quietly into the night at best imho. That damn Jeep ad is the issue

9 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

A lot of you are blowing this out of proportion and immediately discussing the worst case scenario. It's like you've just been waiting for an opportunity to crucify Bruce. As a fellow fan I expected more from this forum. 

You've got to be kidding.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

I know well the tendencies of this forum but the response of a majority of users has disappointed me 

They're only opinions. Stick to yours and we'll all see what happens. 

While I've still got the edit thingy showing ... @burgessliam22, please continue to put forward your opinion about being disappointed - that's perfectly ok, too. Even though some'll tell you it's not. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, burgessliam22 said:

I know well the tendencies of this forum but the response of a majority of users has disappointed me 

Again - look at the timeline.

- Nov 20 (?) is arrested for DWI

- Feb 21 appears in a high profile advert prominently featuring vehicles 

You don’t see anything even slightly bare faced about this???

I can only assume he never thought his little indiscretion was coming out. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

No offence but are you questioning the integrity of the officers ? It’s not a case of he said she said , it’s several pretty reliable sources concurring he was charged with intoxication whilst on charge of a vehicle . Unless the sources are lying and that’s quite an allegation then it’s not a question of guilty but how bad was he? 

With his money he could have afforded a driver for crying out loud . God forbid he hurt someone ! That would be quite a blow to his reputation . 

I drunk Drove once about 20years ago , luckily I was not caught.  The next day I was devastated and I scared myself into never doing something stupid as that again. He should have known better . 

Let’s hope he goes public with how stupid he was . 

Basic premise of criminal law in the United States is innocent until proven guilty.  No question about it. Innocent people have seen their lives ruined - and ended - based on  unprovable charges. And there can be lots of explanations about what happened here - from being sick or on medicine, thinking that it was a closed area (like teaching a kid how to drive in an empty parking lot), someone with the same name, or just an out of control rumor.   I believe in due process and this will eventually get figured out by the right people.  No rush to judgment necessary. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, burgessliam22 said:

Try SPL*. It's just over the other side of the fence. You think you are disappointed here..

* is it still there?

• Haha 1

Just now, Elbow said:

Try SPL*. It's just over the other side of the fence. You think you are disappointed here..

* is it still there?

I don't know. A whole load of us were banned years ago.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Absolutely. Also - this the first time anything really negative has leaked about him? Always seemed he had the media sewed up. I hope there nothing else on its way.

The "balcony pics" got some play back before the Internet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

Basic premise of criminal law in the United States is innocent until proven guilty.  No question about it. Innocent people have seen their lives ruined - and ended - based on  unprovable charges. And there can be lots of explanations about what happened here - from being sick or on medicine, thinking that it was a closed area (like teaching a kid how to drive in an empty parking lot), someone with the same name, or just an out of control rumor.   I believe in due process and this will eventually get figured out by the right people.  No rush to judgment necessary. 

Is that the opening statement of his defence lawyer ? :D

Seriously though it seems pretty straightforward to me he was caught pissed whilst behind the wheel by a police officer not a lot to contend with really.

It’s not like he’s Johnny 99! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Seriously though it seems pretty straightforward to me he was caught pissed was behind the wheel by a police officer not a lot to contend with really.

no truth to the report that he asked the arresting officer if he was "loose"

• Haha 4

I would think Bruce Inc. will be working hard to figure out a way to mitigate the damage. 

Hopefully this was a one time mistake and not something part of a bigger problem in Bruce’s life. 

He’s a human being. I’ve made the same stupid mistake myself.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Seriously though it seems pretty straightforward to me he was caught pissed whilst behind the wheel by a police officer not a lot to contend with really.

We don't know if he was "pissed". We don't know how high he blew on the breathalyser. Stop jumping to conclusions

• Like 2

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)