Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes." Swa

If Bruce Springsteen is guilty of drink and driving he deserves to be be punished the same as any person would be. Finally... after 50 years as a rock and roll star, the press have something on h

Apologies if already posted, and of course in general, but... Our Tipsy Biker's comin' home.

Posted Images

I totally blame myself

Every time (possibly over my entire life) everytime i oversleep in the morning bad shit has gone down

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I totally blame myself

Every time (possibly over my entire life) everytime i oversleep in the morning bad shit has gone down

DO NOT SLEEP IN FUTURE!!! (I bet daisey missed her alarm when this virus started.....) :P

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I don't know, didn't you see him taking a shot of something during the ad? Or was that a Stanley coffee tin? 

It looks like the top of a Thermos. I can't believe that Jeep would have approved a clip of him drinking a shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see how this happened (one possible reason) : Bruce being anxious, depressed about how things are going in the world, covid restrictions multiply that feeling - gets too drunk and makes stupid decision. 

Drunk driving is not to be accepted anyway. But if he admits what happened, takes responsibility, we should forgive. 

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Can anyone turn up at court to watch in the states? Might be the last chance to see him for the next 5 years

You think Bruce is going away for 5 years! :D:D, He will only spend the couple minutes he has already had in jail when booked. I don't know you, so I'm hoping you were just joking.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, biloxiparish said:

I can see how this happened (one possible reason) : Bruce being anxious, depressed about how things are going in the world, covid restrictions multiply that feeling - gets too drunk and makes stupid decision. 

Drunk driving is not to be accepted anyway. But if he admits what happened, takes responsibility, we should forgive. 

See I don't really want to comment on this, but at the restaurant I work in, I have a friend who got drunk and drove the mile to the other restaurant and was pulled over in the parking lot and received a dui. Wiped out his down payment, suspended license, the works.

A fine for Bruce won't even be a slap on the wrist. I believe he should face the same amount of discipline everyone else in similar circumstances has faced. Not sure what that looks like for dwi, reckless driving, and the closed area citation.

To clarify, my friend received he deserved for the offense, and having remorse would not get him out of any punishment

13 minutes ago, misty rain said:

It looks like the top of a Thermos. I can't believe that Jeep would have approved a clip of him drinking a shot.

Well at this point, he could have had some Jamison or Bailey's with his coffee! :P

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Agreed

Everybody makes mistakes

Big and small

What kind of freinds are we to abandon our friend when he's in a spot of trouble

He knows he did wrong but we don't know the circumstances

When they lowered the alchole level here and when they introduce new techknowledgy for testing all sorts of weird things happen 

Recently a chap in Aussie got done for being over after eating rum balls durring the festive season

Some rum balls use essence, mime use about a cup of rum

We don't know the context

Regardless im not going to talk trash or even think trash about my imperfectly perfect hero

And im not knocking him off the plinth he probably would rather he wasn't standing on nor am i taking away his superman cape

He's still the same Bruce he was to be yeaterday, last week, last year whatever 

He still has my loyally and i have still have his back

Oh no ...

Gary is up

This is front fucking page news on stupid stuff (the Wellington on line news)

Great way to put it

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Eileen said:

I don't know. A whole load of us were banned years ago.

Im shocked anywhere banned you Aunty :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, jmw said:

Just had a text from a friend, so it will be everywhere. I bet Patti gave him an earful.

We have our old neighbours visiting tomorrow - i was looking forward to it

I hope my sister doesnt text me about it 

• Like 1

I need a hell of a lot more information before I pass any kind of judgement.  I can tell you from professional experience they include everything that might be chargeable in a citation/arrest report and then let the charging authority figure it out.  Drinking in a closed area????  In some states you can be charged for having care and control of a vehicle even if the vehicle is parked.  I don't know what happened here and neither do any of you.  Did they cite for reckless in an alternative to a DUI...because he had a marginal blood alcohol level?  He did what he did and he should answer for it like anyone else but he should also be afforded the benefit of the doubt until we see what they actually charge him with.  

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 3
31 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I totally blame myself

30 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

DO NOT SLEEP IN FUTURE!!! (I bet daisey missed her alarm when this virus started.....) :P

There is a song, by a NJ rocker who wasn't reported to be issued a DUI today, for that.

Bon Jovi - I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

She’ll be pissed off if she finds out he was driving the Jeep under the influence.

A forner club president and life long member (driving a landrover not a jeep) of our club got into a lot of shit for 4x4ing under the influence

Off roading and booze never mixes

In saying that i remenber one time when we had our first Isuzu we were camping over the South coast on new year and the wheather turned to shit and we were waiting to sober up so we could drive home in the middle of the night  and it was probably touch and go till we had that pie at BP in Upper Hutt

Should we have done it ?

Drove home

In the cold light of day, no

But no body was actually pissed or even a bit tibbly

This is a good teachable moment for a lot of people 

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Aw, and you've left the door wide open for me to mention the Lynn Goldsmith fiasco. Again.:D

...and the lost canoe, too.

• Haha 1
  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)