Greasy Lake Community

Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)

49 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

seen some imaginative headlines on the internet

gonna have a go at some myself

Blinded by the bud light

Drink Cadillac

Bruce juiced

Glory Daze

Drinking in the dark

Spirits in the night

:P

41 shots? 

Ill stop:lol:

• Haha 2
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"SPRINGSTEEN smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the officer said in the statement, adding he "was visibly swaying back and forth while I observed his eyes." Swa

If Bruce Springsteen is guilty of drink and driving he deserves to be be punished the same as any person would be. Finally... after 50 years as a rock and roll star, the press have something on h

Apologies if already posted, and of course in general, but... Our Tipsy Biker's comin' home.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, judyg said:

In normal times, courts are open to any spectators.  In times of COVID, spectators are not allowed. In fact, many court appearances are done virtually these days. 

How many in the Pit and what wristband was drawn?

• Haha 2

Pretty dissappointed by this tbh

Like him or not Bruce could have seriously hurt someone directly because of this. We all make mistakes sure but I think by the time you're Bruce's age you should really know better than to start driving after a drink

He's not a child

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Fair wheather freinds 

I don’t think the NY post is his friend.

it’s been said before If you gonna put yourself on that pedestal and particularly how vocal he has been over last 3 months , you had better be clean ! Cos someone is going to try and knock you off.

• Like 1
Just now, Thunder Roadie said:

I don’t think the NY post is his friend.

it’s been said before If you gonna put yourself on that pedestal and particularly how vocal he has been over last 3 months , you had better be clean ! Cos someone is going to try and knock you off.

I was talking about his fan base :(

36 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

I worked with somebody whose mother was killed by a drunk driver.

It’s not funny. Nobody gets a pass on this. Nobody. 

Should Bruce be punished more than the common man, for just being Bruce? 

• Like 1

Just noticed i also slept through a tsunami warning

7.7 quake in New Caledonia 

No reports of damage but huge waves 

Absolutely not but money has a funny way of helping in these situations !

Unless there is the traffic fine system like in Finland. You pay fine like you earn (like income tax, then). Not a certain amount but a percent of your income.

• Like 2

Absolutely not but money has a funny way of helping in these situations !

Money will have nothing to do with this. Unless things have changed since a buddy got one a couple years ago. Maybe @judyg or @JudgeBrown could help out here!  

1. His lawyer will plead it down to some lesser offense

2. Pay huge fine

3. Have to get SR22 Car insurance $$$$$$

4. Lose his license for 30 days

That for anyone, once the DUI is in the system there's no turning back.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Money will have nothing to do with this. Unless things have changed since a buddy got one a couple years ago. Maybe @judyg or @JudgeBrown could help out here!  

1. His lawyer will plead it down to some lesser offense

2. Pay huge fine

3. Have to get SR22 Car insurance $$$$$$

4. Lose his license for 30 days

That for anyone, once the DUI is in the system there's no turning back.  

I really do think a fine will be a drop in the ocean for him

Dang :(

The Otago daily times reported this 12 minutes ago

It must be true - they are the only news outlet i completly trust 

5 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

Of course. But his reputation will take a hammering if he's convicted. That is going to hurt a lot. He's set a bad example to everyone close to him, although I suspect Nils and Steve may very well try to minimise it on Twitter.

• Like 2
Just now, E Street nation said:

Oh, I'm sure it will be, and for him so will be the premium insurance he'll need to cover. It's still the embarrassment of it all.  

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Magnus said:

I am sad and disappointed that this has happened, and I'm afraid I am not entirely surprised. I am guessing the general public will find something else to focus on within a few weeks.

Drunk driving is sadly not so uncommon, and drunk driving is bad. We know Bruce likes to drive and we know he likes to drink. I've wondered for a while whether he perhaps drinks more than he should. I hope he gets the help he needs. I'm glad this didn't involve an accident where anyone was hurt.

I also recognize that this touches a personal nerve for many of us for reasons beyond the fact that we're big fans of his. Some of us drink more than we should, some of us have stopped drinking, some of us may have driven when we shouldn't have, some of us have had our lives or those of loved ones derailed by alcohol and by drunken drivers. 

I don't drink, and never really have, never been able to hold my drink, one or even half is enough, but I had a father who drank to much at times, these things  I think influence your reaction to alcohol. Sorry Bruce, no excuses, someone could have been hurt.

• Like 3
  • Hug 1
1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

Of course. But his reputation will take a hammering if he's convicted. That is going to hurt a lot. He's set a bad example to everyone close to him, although I suspect Nils and Steve may very well try to minimise it on Twitter.

Have they said anything yet? Garry is quite vocal on twitter aswell

3 minutes ago, jmw said:

I don't drink, and never really have, never been able to hold my drink, one or even half is enough, but I had a father who drank to much at times, these things  I think influence your reaction to alcohol. Sorry Bruce, no excuses, someone could have been hurt.

I don't drive for more or less the same reasons. Far rather drink

• JoanFontaine changed the title to Updated Report: DWI and Reckless Driving Charges Dismissed - lack of evidence (p 34)