Greasy Lake Community

The Official 2021 NASCAR Thread

How can this sport not be exciting for you JJ I mean after 6 hours they have completed 15 laps.. fox appears to still be covering it.. do they not have episodes of the masked plumber to show?

• Like 1

And it is finally over, with another big one on the final lap.

Score one for the little guys, Michael McDowell wins the Daytona 500 with a last lap pass.

I was happy to see Joey Logano crash while leading the last lap.

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Dan, wouldn't it been easier if you and Chris exchanged PM's? Than starting this thread? :P

There was once a day when this place actually had a NASCAR fantasy league with at least a dozen players....So if there can be 10 threads on fake football, I’m sure one little NASCAR thread won’t hurt anything. ;)

• Haha 1
On 2/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, burghfan said:

In the Xfinity race tonight the boys from South Boston had a good showing.  Harrison Burton finished 3rd and Jeb Burton finished 4th.

Jeb called me last week about something before he left for Daytona....He was ready to go!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, burghfan said:

And it is finally over, with another big one on the final lap.

Score one for the little guys, Michael McDowell wins the Daytona 500 with a last lap pass.

I was happy to see Joey Logano crash while leading the last lap.

Pretty decent race...Really enjoyed seeing the Penske cars take each other out at the end....McDowell is a good guy...Glad he won.

4 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Pretty decent race...Really enjoyed seeing the Penske cars take each other out at the end....McDowell is a good guy...Glad he won.

I also was happy to see the Penske cars crash out in the last lap.  I think McDowell may have pushed Keselowski into Logano, but McDowell had a run and if he lets up he is gonna be wrecked.  Kes says he doesn't lift, so he can't be mad if he gets wrecked because somebody else didn't lift, especially on the last lap of the race going for the win.

18 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Dan, wouldn't it been easier if you and Chris exchanged PM's? Than starting this thread? :P

5 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

There was once a day when this place actually had a NASCAR fantasy league with at least a dozen players....So if there can be 10 threads on fake football, I’m sure one little NASCAR thread won’t hurt anything. ;)

I will echo what Chris said, back in the day we had a NASCAR fantasy league that Michele would usually kick butt in.  Most people won't know who Michele is but the old timers will.  She was, and still is the bestest.

There is 1 thread per year for NCAA basketball and football, MLB, NFL, NHL, with the occasional thread about them, but there seems to be a thread per team, plus some for leagues for jogging with a ball.  I think Chris was way under saying 10 threads.

If there was no NASCAR thread and Chris and I just exchanged PMs then Andrew wouldn't be able to chime in.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, burghfan said:

There is 1 thread per year for NCAA basketball and football, MLB, NFL, NHL, with the occasional thread about them, but there seems to be a thread per team, plus some for leagues for jogging with a ball.  I think Chris was way under saying 10 threads.

There is a bit of a difference here. If I started a STL Cardinals thread, I would be talking to myself, unless someone came in to throw a jab at me, kind of what I just did here. Same as if you stated a Steelers thread, you and G2 would be the only ones in it. But say Liverpool, there are like 6 supporters who post all the time and the haters who have to chime in. Same us Man U and Man City. Champions/Europa Leagues bring in the rest off Europe. 

Now please carry on, I promise not to make another unnecessary comment again. :)

• Haha 1

I just switched on the tv by mistake and they are still racing around and around the same track as they were 7;days ago boy the drivers must be tired by now...

While Andrew thinks they are racing on the same track, that is only partly correct, they are back at Daytona but on the road course this week.

Christopher Bell Bell picks up his first career win.  Two races, two first time winners.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, burghfan said:

they are back at Daytona but on the road course this week

So they weren't going around and around.

Shouldn't a road course be more of a true NASCAR race from its roots?

Exciting weekend for our car driving friends as the drivers have finally found the exit lane from Daytona and are off to race around and around somewhere else in florida, still staying close to i95 though

27 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Exciting weekend for our car driving friends as the drivers have finally found the exit lane from Daytona and are off to race around and around somewhere else in florida, still staying close to i95 though

They are at Homestead-Miami, 4:30 I95 time on FS1 for the Xfinity race today, and 3:30 I95 time on FOX tomorrow for the cup race.

Myatt Snider wins the Contender Boats 250 in double overtime.

Harrison Burton was first to the garage when his car started smoking on lap 70.

Jeb Burton finished 5th, he was 4th on the last restart and had a run on the leader but was blocked and lost some speed.  This allowed a couple other cars to get by, he was able to recover and get back up to 5th.

The leader with 3 to go and a 6-8 second lead wrecked out of the race.  He was going to go outside of a lapped car in turns 3-4, but the lap car got loose and shot up the track in front of the leader leaving him no where to go.  I was happy to see it since I'm not a fan of his, he has a habit of wrecking other guys.

• Like 1