Greasy Lake Community

Favourite Springsteen Concert film

Favourite Springsteen Concert film   

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite concert by Bruce that has been filmed and released?

• Hammersmith Odeon London' 75
    • Houston 78
    • The River Tour Tempe 1980
    • In Concert: MTV Plugged
    • Live In New York City
    • Live In Barcelona
    • London Calling: Hyde Park
    • Live In Dublin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/2021 at 09:00 AM

The Tempe 1980 video is not the complete show.  The Barcelona DVD was—at the time of its release—the first complete Springsteen & ESB full concert to be officially released, and as such was my go-to video for years.

• Like 1

It used to be Barcelona, but there's something about Hyde Park that makes it just epic, despite Bruce's voice being a bit strained...

Tempe is a great film, but there are just too many forgettable songs on that one. If it was the complete show, it would be pretty close to the top.

I love Western Stars and Dublin is also great. Not much of a fan of Hammersmith and Houston, but that's because I'm not particularly fond of the BTR/Darkness tours. The films themselves are really good, though.

13 hours ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

Here is a poll of favourite concerts by Bruce that have been filmed and released. You can chose more than one.

Shit !

Too late

Unless you can add me a vote for Hammersmith and Huston

I had to vite for LINYC because that dvd is integral to my fandom 

But that Hammersmith Odeon has the most fantastic sound qualify

And Huston becsuse its 1978 with the intro ! 

And a shout out to the Empty paramount darkness show

That's like my favourite Bruce thing i own 

• Like 1

No disrespect to any one who may have been there but i want to give a down vote to Barcelona just because it has always played up every time ive played it since i first got it 

(Totally not Bruce's fault)

If it was which DVD had I played the most, it would be a toss up between LINY and Barcelona. I love the opening couple of songs from Hyde Park but after that the performance just doesn't quite do it for me. Love The Seeger Sessions but the DVD has too many minor key songs in a row for me; throw Devils and Dust, Froggie Went A Courtin' on there, or some of the bonus tracks that got a audio only release and I may play it more often. Overall, it has to be Tempe; incomplete or not, it's Bruce at the absolute pinnacle of his performing powers.

For performance, sound quality and camera work it has to be Tempe for the No.1 spot. 

Hyde Park for personal reasons as I am seen and heard on it.

But the unofficial box set (enhanced HD blu ray versions) of Hammersmith, Live in NYC and Barcelona are the pride of my collection for the picture upgrades to the grainy DVD versions. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Hyde Park for personal reasons as I am seen and heard on it.

You're going to have to tell me when you are in picture because the next time I watch it I don't want to spend the entire show saying... " where the fuck is busstop" ? 

• Haha 2

Dublin, only because the idea of being in Ireland, drinking beer and seeing Springsteen might be one of the ultimate experiences of my life. My mind drifts to happy thoughts while watching that one.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

I am surprised by the low number of votes for Houston 1978. Maybe not everyone was aware you could vote for more than 1 show?

Yip

I didn't

I would definatly have voted for Huston

8 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

You're going to have to tell me when you are in picture because the next time I watch it I don't want to spend the entire show saying... " where the fuck is busstop" ? 

Seen - I’m the guy holding the microphone with Bruce.

Heard - I am clearly audible saying “go on, sing up, sing up” to the sunny day kid. 

1A879CF8-A458-4A90-ADEC-9EBF5FD1A7D3.jpeg

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 5

22 hours ago, Lampi said:

I am surprised by the low number of votes for Houston 1978. Maybe not everyone was aware you could vote for more than 1 show?

Maybe because is not a good film to represent that tour. Especially if we compare with the Passaic videos and Largo. Houston is not a video you want to see more than 2 times...