Greasy Lake Community

Your Defiant Coronavirus Anthem

10 hours ago, MacBruce said:

House of a thousand guitars.

I listen to this song every night - often put it on repeat. 

Well, it's all right, yeah, it's all right
Meet me, darlin', come Saturday night
All good souls from near and far
We'll meet in the house of a thousand guitars

We've got each other to help us through this.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Prove it with 78 intro for when things get disparate

BTR always cheers me up - kust knowing when he's playing it via stv makes me happy - it really is the greatest song ever 

LOHAD + across the boarder 

Badlands works too 

Of the newer material power of prayer - just gorgouse singing 

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

No Bruce for me. I discovered some great new music and there were some great new releases from old friends.

Maybe if LTY had been written and recorded during lockdown it may have snuck in somewhere.

That is brave to say on this forum. If I might be so curious, what some great new music do you mean?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, el sergio said:

That is brave to say on this forum. If I might be so curious, what some great new music do you mean?

Probably my five most played songs (from my most played albums) in lockdown were all 2020 releases.

Betty, Taylor Swift.

The Hudson, Amy Macdonald.

Gaslighter, Dixie Chicks.

Lawnmower, Sparks

Courage, Maria Mckee.

A bit later, discovering those two Bleachers albums was an incredible thing, too.

• Like 3

Learned the existence of this song when Springsteen did his third guest DJ stint of the pandemic on SiriusXM satellite radio’s E Street Radio:

“Bruce: it’s funny how the weather this past two and a half months, since the lockdown … the weather has taken on a whole new level of importance in my life (laughs). I check the forecast three or four times a day. I pray for summer. I suffer through gray clouds and rain. I got a dog that wakes me up like clockwork, every morning at sunrise. So around 6:30 every day, I am standing in our front field, waiting for the sun to come up. And on those days, when it rises and washes a golden light across the fields into the trees, I take a deep sigh of gratitude, and I am momentarily deceived into believing that things are almost normal, or at least that they will be. I never thought that the emotional beginning of my day could so depend on a change in the weather.”

Change in the weather, change in the weather, somethin's happenin' here. Change in the weather, change in the weather, People walkin' round in fear. Well! Oh, no!

“Bruce: I can tell you one thing I’m doin’ every day. Come rain or shine, at 4 o’clock, I’m setting myself up a drink. A shot and a beer … I’m not waitin’ til 5 o’clock … or a little vodka and soda. And I am on my way to shortly putting a new shine on this whole experience. I take no shame in it, at this place and time, to looking into something that is gonna fuck me up.”