Greasy Lake Community

Renegades: Born in the USA - Bruce and Obama launch a podcast together

Unfortunately, I don't think I can get through 1 episode of this. I typical listen to my pods at 1.8x, at that speed you can *really* tell Bruce speeds through what he says, leading to a super high pitch (at least to me :)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it. It's just not for me i'm afraid. Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums

I've listened to the first two episodes. They are terrific. If you are not going to listen due to "politics" you will be missing great insight and stories about life, his career, some terrific insight

Posted Images

6 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

Unfortunately, I don't think I can get through 1 episode of this. I typical listen to my pods at 1.8x, at that speed you can *really* tell Bruce speeds through what he says, leading to a super high pitch (at least to me :)

He sounds high pitched at normal speed. I think the surgery he had had him a soprano .

I just about threw up when Obama ( Bruce agreed) said America is the only country that's a melting pot.  Typical Americans thinking they are the greatest at everything.

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I wonder if people who are primarily Obama fans first and not Bruce fans are enjoying these chin wags and the stories we know that they may not ?

That’s an interesting point I didn’t think about. Yeah, I would imagine they are interesting to the uninitiated. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jay said:

I just about threw up when Obama ( Bruce agreed) said America is the only country that's a melting pot.  Typical Americans thinking they are the greatest at everything.

I just give you guys a quite chuckle when that happens 

Compared to a lot of us your country is huge, so i can give peeps a pass who have never been out of the States 

I would certainly say you are a very important and a great country (and I'd be a proud citizen if i were one) and also a good country full of good people- the best people in fact

But doesn't everyone think they live in the best country and their own country's achievements are the greatest  

A New Zealander solid the atom - he's on our $100 bill

16 hours ago, Jay said:

He sounds high pitched at normal speed. I think the surgery he had had him a soprano .

Exactly my point, it also seems like he tries to speak at a lower volume, but it ends up sounding higher and then podcasts do him no good.

Holy shit: that Bruce impression on SNL was atrocious. I don't even know if I would call that an impression. More like throwing on a some denim and acting like how you think any older rock star would act. Jeez...do a little research, Bennett. 

• Like 1
On 4/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, Jay said:

I think there much truth to this. Of course immigration happens in other countries too. But having a population that has immigrated from so many different places and at so many different times - that is part of the American identity in a way that I suspect is unique.  

• Like 1
On 4/6/2021 at 4:19 AM, Jay said:

Are you from America? Have you lived here?