Greasy Lake Community

Renegades: Born in the USA - Bruce and Obama launch a podcast together

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it. It's just not for me i'm afraid. Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums

I've listened to the first two episodes. They are terrific. If you are not going to listen due to "politics" you will be missing great insight and stories about life, his career, some terrific insight

Posted Images

It just tickles me pink to think that Bruce and President Obama are friends. Probably not the reaction I would've had as a younger adult, but these are definitely different times.  Plus, Bruce no longer has anything to prove to anybody. The benefits of a 50-year career. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, AMIW said:

So just to clarify episodes 1 and 2 are free, but the other episodes cost money?

No my understanding is all podcasts are free. Episodes 3-8 haven’t been released yet.

• Thanks 3
Just now, Lesley said:

No my understanding is all podcasts are free. Episodes 3-8 haven’t been released yet.

I'm going to give this a try. Never did a Podcast before! "if it's truly free" as I'm a cheap screw! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it.

It's just not for me i'm afraid.

Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums and the shows as far as I am concerned. 

Not really bothered or interested about anything else to be honest.

• Like 8

Hmmmm...... I’ll give it a shot. More to hear Obama than Bruce. I like Obama. Seems like a good, personable dude. I think he would come off pretty well in this more relaxed, conversational type of setting.

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, Lesley said:

Ah ok didn’t want to stump up $10 to listen to Bruce talk

we already have 17 seperate tv/movie streaming services here and god knows how many streaming music services ...

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it.

It's just not for me i'm afraid.

Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums and the shows as far as I am concerned. 

Not really bothered or interested about anything else to be honest.

Just listened to episode 1. There are quite a few insights into the music, the lyrics, the albums and the shows, by way of what makes the artist.

for instance, My hometown is contextualised like I haven’t heard before. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Very provocative move. Sure to upset conservatives. :D

Yes ! Gary loves Obama - not sure he'll be happy with this new coloberaration :D 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Hmmmm...... I’ll give it a shot. More to hear Obama than Bruce. I like Obama. Seems like a good, personable dude. I think he would come off pretty well in this more relaxed, conversational type of setting.

Out here in the world everyone loved Mr Obama 

Gary still doesn't understand why he couldn't have a 3rd term :lol:

• Like 2

I don't do spotify as i don't beleave in streaming music or the cloud, its not about money so much as i need physical product like a cd or record to hold in my hands even though thanks to nugs i have much Bruce just on mp3

How does one listen to this for free ?

I really like Mr Obama - even though my vote would have been with Sen McCain, just like @TruthThatRanUsDown i am too tickled pink at Bruce's involvement with President Obama over the years 

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I generally don't stream either, except for SiriusXM, and that's because I tell myself it's just radio. That said, and I haven't pulled the trigger myself yet, I think you can sign up for a free Spotify account. I'm only considering it for this podcast though, which would never appear in physical form anyway. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I don't do spotify as i don't beleave in streaming music or the cloud, its not about money so much as i need physical product like a cd or record to hold in my hands even though thanks to nugs i have much Bruce just on mp3

I really like Mr Obama - even though my vote would have been with Sen McCain, just like @TruthThatRanUsDown i am too tickled pink at Bruce's involvement with President Obama over the years 

Ep 1

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
  • Thanks 3
5 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Do you spend your entire life trying to play "gotcha" with liberals?

My guess is that @Jimmy James is getting at Bruce has told everybody to stay home and wear a mask, but yet he has been on Saturday Night Live without a mask, there have been pictures here of him at I think a car dealership with no mask, getting charged with DUI when he should have been home, and now appearing in the podcast with no mask.  I'll guess there are other times that he didn't do what he has been telling others to do. 

Liberals were very quick to point out that Trump didn't wear a mask, but other than JJ nobody on this thread has posted concern about Bruce and Obama being together without masks.  So do liberals hold Trump to a higher standard on wearing a mask than they do Bruce and Obama?  Or is it OK when your side is the one not following the rules/recommendations?

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

So, I’ve just listened to the trailer... and the President is on the record talking about ‘a few drinks’... 

I knew that single shot story sounded fishy... ;)

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm going to give this a try. Never did a Podcast before! "if it's truly free" as I'm a cheap screw! 

Jimmy James...in my world no one is a lost cause, and there will always be salvation available...so if you send me your bank details I will personally fund your subscription so that you can take the first few faltering steps to redemption.

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, JimCT said:

Ep 1

I really enjoyed that

Ill listen to part 2 tomorrow

Both have nice calming voices 

• Like 1