Greasy Lake Community

Renegades: Born in the USA - Bruce and Obama launch a podcast together

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it. It's just not for me i'm afraid. Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums

I've listened to the first two episodes. They are terrific. If you are not going to listen due to "politics" you will be missing great insight and stories about life, his career, some terrific insight

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I don't do spotify as i don't beleave in streaming music or the cloud, its not about money so much as i need physical product like a cd or record to hold in my hands even though thanks to nugs i have much Bruce just on mp3

Before I subscribed to Spotify about 2 years ago, I hardly bought any CDs at all for years. Since I'm a member I buy several  a month, because now on an almost daily basis I'm introduced to music that I would have never discovered without Spotify. And if I really like something, I buy it on CD.

As for the Bruce/Obama podcast. I'll give it a try. I enjoy podcasts, but the moment these two start talking about politics, I'm out. And I say that as someone who considers himself far left of the political center.

18 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I didn't last long - almost nodded off. I'll stick to listening to him sing.

I'm currently listening, but not really listening.

14 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it.

It's just not for me i'm afraid.

Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums and the shows as far as I am concerned. 

Not really bothered or interested about anything else to be honest.

That's fair enough

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I really enjoyed that

Ill listen to part 2 tomorrow

Both have nice calming voices 

Obama certainly does. I’m planning on starting this up in my ride home (taking a break from my seasonal foray into Irish music). Does Bruce talk naturally or is it that DJ style he does of... over...annunciating...... words........for..........effect?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Jimmy James...in my world no one is a lost cause, and there will always be salvation available...so if you send me your bank details I will personally fund your subscription so that you can take the first few faltering steps to redemption.

That's some great news, thank you for the offer Dr. 

St. James Bank acct: 5269832564862

And at the right time, as my CFO(wife) just told me last night, I had to drop either Sirius XM Radio or Peacock TV next year. If I drop XM Radio no Bruce/Pearl Jam/U2 Radio!:blink: , If I drop Peacock TV, No Man City Football! :blink:

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Obama certainly does. I’m planning on starting this up in my ride home (taking a break from my seasonal foray into Irish music). Does Bruce talk naturally or is it that DJ style he does of... over...annunciating...... words........for..........effect?

It's...heh heh...all about uh.....heh...having a errr....ummmm....heh heh....having a uh..... conversation....uhhh....heh......heh... between myself....ermmm....heh....and my audience....um....heh....in some fashion....in....a wahn! two! three! fawr!

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it.

It's just not for me i'm afraid.

Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums and the shows as far as I am concerned. 

Not really bothered or interested about anything else to be honest.

This is where I'm at also. Just concentrate on the music Bruce.

Write & record music please Bruce!

Express yourself that way.

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yes, pretty boring subject matter for many I guess.

The subject matter isn't boring - they are. imho.

3 hours ago, Eileen said:

I didn't last long - almost nodded off. I'll stick to listening to him sing.

My first thought was ..... are there 8 hours worth of "stories" we haven't already heard? 

I think I'm more interested in drinking and driving and jeep hawking insight

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Hmmmm...... I’ll give it a shot. More to hear Obama than Bruce. I like Obama. Seems like a good, personable dude. I think he would come off pretty well in this more relaxed, conversational type of setting.

Big big fan of  Obama the man and Bruce the music so should work for me

• Like 2

Whenever I hear Bruce speak, my first thought is his voice sounds so dry and husky, that isn’t a voice to fill a stadium. Visually I think he looks odd, his skin looks taut, and maybe he should have taken it easy on the surgery.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, rtb said:

My first thought was ..... are there 8 hours worth of "stories" we haven't already heard? 

I think I'm more interested in drinking and driving and jeep hawking insight

The Tequila is sitting right there! 

image.png.8205f47f119f47c644b9308d72c94af4.png

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, carlo_milan said:

I thought that, as it is released for free, sharing the mp3 wouldn't violate any terms

Maybe I’m missing something. Why wouldn’t you just sign up for a free Spotify account to listen to it?

39 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

The Tequila is sitting right there! 

image.png.8205f47f119f47c644b9308d72c94af4.png

And they seem to be getting a little frisky with the feet. This podcast may be more sultry than I planned on.

• Haha 1

I think when Bruce does projects like this I doubt he's necessarily looking for approval from obsessives on boards like this

Like much of his career span he's reaching out once again to as wide an audience as possible albeit a 50 something liberal-conservative middle class American audience in this case

There's a few bits and pieces and it is quite listenable

• Like 1