Greasy Lake Community

Renegades: Born in the USA - Bruce and Obama launch a podcast together

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

That's some great news, thank you for the offer Dr. 

St. James Bank acct: 5269832564862

And at the right time, as my CFO(wife) just told me last night, I had to drop either Sirius XM Radio or Peacock TV next year. If I drop XM Radio no Bruce/Pearl Jam/U2 Radio!:blink: , If I drop Peacock TV, No Man City Football! :blink:

So it's the football then.:D

3 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

Tbh id say keep the football.... but you support city....

Ok you opened the door, time to put your balls on the table. Who do you support? Don't be bashful! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

That's some great news, thank you for the offer Dr. 

St. James Bank acct: 5269832564862

And at the right time, as my CFO(wife) just told me last night, I had to drop either Sirius XM Radio or Peacock TV next year. If I drop XM Radio no Bruce/Pearl Jam/U2 Radio!:blink: , If I drop Peacock TV, No Man City Football! :blink:

46 minutes ago, jmw said:

So it's the football then.:D

If he doesn't have the jogging with a ball then how is he going to be able to cure insomnia when he gets it?

14 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm still Lobbying to keep both! I'm questioning why her shit isn't on the table. Like Netflix or Prime Video or Hulu! 

So you have to go from 2 down to 1 while she gets to keep 3?  That sounds like some female logic.  Did you tell her that you are keeping both and to go make you a sandwich?

• Haha 2

Just now, burghfan said:

If he doesn't have the jogging with a ball then how is he going to be able to cure insomnia when he gets it?

So you have to go from 2 down to 1 while she gets to keep 3?  That sounds like some female logic.  Did you tell her that you are keeping both and to go make you a sandwich?

And get me a Beer! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Is it just audio?

You can download the transcripts too, see https://newsroom.spotify.com/media-kit/renegades-born-in-the-usa-podcast-transcripts/

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: And the other part of it was Michelle and Patti hit it off.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: Yeah.

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: And Michelle was very pleased in the insights you had...

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: [laughs]

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: About your failings as a man.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: [laughs] Oh, yeah.

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: And after we would leave a dinner, or a party, or a conversation, she’d say, “You see how Bruce understands his shortcomings and has come to terms with them—”

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: [laughs] Sorry about that. [laughs]

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: “...in a way that you have not? Uh, you should spend some more time with Bruce. Because he’s put in the work.” And so there was a little also of…

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: [laughs] I got you.

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: Of the sense that I needed to get coached—

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: I got you—

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: In how to be a proper husband.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN: It's been my pleasure. [laughs]

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, el sergio said:

You can download the transcripts too, see https://newsroom.spotify.com/media-kit/renegades-born-in-the-usa-podcast-transcripts/

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: And after we would leave a dinner, or a party, or a conversation, she’d say, “You see how Bruce understands his shortcomings and has come to terms with them—”

POTUS BARACK OBAMA: “...in a way that you have not? Uh, you should spend some more time with Bruce. Because he’s put in the work.” And so there was a little also of…

Not very talkative, Brucie :D

3 minutes ago, el sergio said:

Thank You for not posting the whole program:D

Just finished the first episode , man, they talk so slowly - force you to sit down and LISTEN.

Quite a different experience, imagine, a former POTUS and a performer in a forced work-stop make friend and talk!

I like it and will go on listening to this surprise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm still Lobbying to keep both! I'm questioning why her shit isn't on the table. Like Netflix or Prime Video or Hulu! 

I don't have any of those so I can't comment, but sure she deserves to keep all three.:)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theseshadows said:

Just finished the first episode , man, they talk so slowly - force you to sit down and LISTEN.

Quite a different experience, imagine, a former POTUS and a performer in a forced work-stop make friend and talk!

I like it and will go on listening to this surprise.

I really enjoyed the first episode also, I am a big Obama fan and always enjoy hearing him speak.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Obama certainly does. I’m planning on starting this up in my ride home (taking a break from my seasonal foray into Irish music). Does Bruce talk naturally or is it that DJ style he does of... over...annunciating...... words........for..........effect?

It sounds quite conversational

I think the style will get better and better as it goes along, more relaxed

You know i would love a chat like this between Bruce and GW :D- ive quite  enjoyed seeing interviews with President Bruce post presidency - he's very gracious and intetesting - actually all the ex  presidents of my time have been intetesting and fasinating people until you know who ...