Greasy Lake Community

Renegades: Born in the USA - Bruce and Obama launch a podcast together

6 hours ago, the highway is alive said:

Bruce told us to meet in the middle. So where was his podcast with President Trump?

On parlour, I’d guess.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

It sounds quite conversational

I think the style will get better and better as it goes along, more relaxed

You know i would love a chat like this between Bruce and GW :D- ive quite  enjoyed seeing interviews with President Bruce post presidency - he's very gracious and intetesting - actually all the ex  presidents of my time have been intetesting and fasinating people until you know who ...

President Bruce?

• Bruuuuce! 1

37 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

President Bruce?

:D

Typo

Or phone defaulting to known language :lol:

I ment GW

You remember from the FC i really liked those photos of him and Mrs Obama hugging 

14 minutes ago, carlo_milan said:

I have reasons for that. If anyone could help me with the audio, I am grateful

You may have to try else where as rules on this forum state we can't share things that are available officially. In this case its free but listening on Spotify will generate ad  revenue for them and by sharing on here we would be depriving them of that thus meaning people wouldn't be able to share.

@sunshine2020 this is my understanding.. could you perhaps help clarify

7 hours ago, E Street nation said:

You may have to try else where as rules on this forum state we can't share things that are available officially. In this case its free but listening on Spotify will generate ad  revenue for them and by sharing on here we would be depriving them of that thus meaning people wouldn't be able to share.

Mods what's the offical line on this ?

@JudgeBrown @judyg 

How do you spell comon mr trouble ?

Edit @CmonMrTrouble

Maybe we should ask Dad ?

@CosmicKid

23 minutes ago, Eileen said:

He might be too polite to tell you to mind your own business?

Possibly. It won’t help me understand why he(?)- or anyone else for that matter- wouldn’t just sign up for Spotify. Seems easier than wanting somebody to make an mp3 file for him. Not that I really care, just intrigued.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, E Street nation said:

Spotify has the legal and exclusive right to distribute this podcast, so we can't allow the sharing of it here as audio files, especially since it's readily available for free through the Spotify app. 

• Like 2

Hear Mr. Obama imagine he is the Boss, and hear Mr. Springsteen slowly appears as the real boss, that man that really has something to say that is concretely personal and political at the same time. But I must admit, that I am embarrassed on Mr Springsteens behalf; I mean, the man he is talking to has said ok to a lot of killings of a lot of innocent people, men women and children, people like you and me, by for example drones, killings without any legal rights, and that is a crime against humanity. Of course, USA do not recognize the International Criminal Court in Haag, so those criminals, and in my view Mr. Obama is one of them, are at least for the moment safe.

But surely Mr. Springsteen, you are  too good for a company like Mr. Obama.

I fully understand Obama: its hard to leave the spotlight, and you can reenter it by the help of creative, artistic people like Mr. Springsteen.

But I do not understand why Mr. Springsteen is accepting such a company.

• Thanks 1

Mixed reviews around about the internet. Lots of people saying it's long winded and self important and could do with editing. I won't be listening myself, but interested to see the general consensus.

Seems as if this is the surprise that he teased us about.

I’m about a half hour in and I’m enjoying it. Then again, I could listen to any two people discuss anything and be amused by it. 
I do find it interesting to hear Bruce continue to refer to Freehold as a small town. He stated the population as 10,000 (which it probably was when he was growing up but it’s now more than tripled that total) which in a vacuum may qualify as a small town. I grew up not far from Freehold and thought I grew up in a small town as well. That was until I left Jersey and found out what a small town really is. My small town bordered seamlessly upon another small town which borders seamlessly upon the next small town.......  Where we really grew up was a small segment of a highly populated area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

it is worth listening to but perhaps because I am a big Obama fan makes a difference, 45 mins of this or graham norton chat show. no contest. would make a great broadway show ha ha

Ability agree

And i think it will keep getting better and better

I usually love Norton but both times with Bruce were a huge let down

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Mixed reviews around about the internet. Lots of people saying it's long winded and self important and could do with editing. I won't be listening myself, but interested to see the general consensus.

Seems as if this is the surprise that he teased us about.

.....so ?

No electric Nebraska this year :(