Greasy Lake Community

Renegades: Born in the USA - Bruce and Obama launch a podcast together

Another thanks to @JimCT, for posting the links for these first 2 episodes. I've been a bit negative here of late. So no more negativity. I really like hearing what the President had to say a lot more than Bruce. Hey Jim can you or will you continue to post the next episode's? Please, so I have to download no app. Try to find it and so on. Thanks again.   

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Another thanks to @JimCT, for posting the links for these first 2 episodes. I've been a bit negative here of late. So no more negativity. I really like hearing what the President had to say a lot more than Bruce. Hey Jim can you or will you continue to post the next episode's? Please, so I have to download no app. Try to find it and so on. Thanks again.   

Oh really?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

The part I highlighted.

Yes, and I have to apologize for that. Forgot to ask Jackie, about Ash Wednesday, were you able to get your ashes? Was thinking of you. Damn Covid!  

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Yes, and I have to apologize for that. Forgot to ask Jackie, about Ash Wednesday, were you able to get your ashes? Was thinking of you. Damn Covid!  

I was able to get the ashes at home and watched the virtual Mass.  Our church is opened with limited capacity, but I prefer to watch the virtual masses until the pandemic gets better.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I’m about done with the first episode. So far it’s not really much of a conversation but a couple of comments from Obama and lot of talking from Bruce. I really do enjoy listening to Obama in the conversational setting though. I haven’t always agreed with him politically but I have always liked him (from a distance) personally.

• Like 3

Just now, BrilliantDisguise said:

I was able to get the ashes at home and watched the virtual Mass.  Our church is opened with limited capacity, but I prefer to watch the virtual masses until the pandemic gets better.  

That's great! I dig about going to church, please stay safe! Our church is a cathedral type of church, and really the only time it packed to capacity is Easter and Christmas, you know the C&E's. ;). We always go to church the night before for the burning of the palms great experience.    

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

That's great! I dig about going to church, please stay safe! Our church is a cathedral type of church, and really the only time it packed to capacity is Easter and Christmas, you know the C&E's. ;). We always go to church the night before for the burning of the palms great experience.    

Oh the cathedral types are the best ! 

I need a church to look like a church ! 

48 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

That's good to stay home and stay safe, thinking of you always 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

My church was built to look like a barn. And has no kneelers. Been atttending for over 20 years and still adjusting to it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:23 AM, the highway is alive said:

Bruce told us to meet in the middle. So where was his podcast with President Trump?

There is no middle when it comes to racism and domestic terrorism.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JimCT said:

There is no middle when it comes to racism and domestic terrorism.

That’s a good point. Oddly though, we didn’t seem to deal with much international terrorism during the Trump years, did we? Unless my memory is shot (spoiler alert: My memory is absolutely shot!), I don’t recall any major incidents.

6 hours ago, Jertucky said:

My church was built to look like a barn. And has no kneelers. Been atttending for over 20 years and still adjusting to it.

Btw i see your new avitar pix :lol:

Its an improvement ! 

Any stained glass windows in this barn ?

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

That’s a good point. Oddly though, we didn’t seem to deal with much international terrorism during the Trump years, did we? Unless my memory is shot (spoiler alert: My memory is absolutely shot!), I don’t recall any major incidents.

....thinking really hard 

I don't have nearly enough storage in my head 

18 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Btw i see your new avitar pix :lol:

Its an improvement ! 

Any stained glass windows in this barn ?

No stained glass, sadly. Most importantly though, we have a really good priest. His sermon every week is basically, “Be nice!”. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

42 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Episode 3 - 

Thanks Jim

I appreate you posting this as i have no intention of ever unsubscribing to spotify (or etc)

I havn't listened to the 2nd one yet as i can't concentrate in my bereavement for Tibby

When i get his ashes back from the vet we might listen to it together 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I havn't listened to the 2nd one yet as i can't concentrate in my bereavement for Tibby

When i get his ashes back from the vet we might listen to it together 

Oh my heavens! I didn't know - I'm so sorry, @Daisey Jeep. x

• Thanks 1